Server Move In Progress - Read More ×

Bag it or Build it?

A rather interesting observation: most of the middle aged people I've shown the Camaro too are rather indifferent to it. They're head over heels for the Mustang and Challenger, but the Camaro "isn't as good" because the it doesn't look as much like a '69 Camaro as the Mustang does a '68 Mustang or the Challenger does a '70 Challenger. Yet people in my age bracket are for the most part head over heels for it.

That isn't what I am asking for and you know it.  Quit tainting the boards with your useless prattle

To everyone: I'm getting tired of my posts intentionally being misconstrued. Keep it up, and I will stop holding back.  Warning.

Exactly. It's getting difficult to voice my thoughts on a concept without being attacked by razoredge for having different opinions.

got that attack on hand ?

whats with qouteing me and changing words ?

Why am I the one being told to calm down ? Is there a level playing field ? shall we take a good hard look at crocs typical post tone ? A unilateral calm down may have been suffice, Im not seeing the balance here.

Thats all. :unsure:

BUILD IT!!!: Aston Martin Rapide, Mini Traveller, Audi Roadjet, Volvo C30.

Build it, but with a couple changes: Chevrolet Camaro-needs just a tad more rear seat room. Also Toyota F3R.

BAG IT!!!!: Chrysler Imperial-what were they thinking? It LOOKED like a Rolls-Royce Phantom from the cover-you take inspiration from the 2003 Airflite and 1998 Chronos concepts and 1964-66 Imperial-not a grossed-out Phantom mixed with the overrated, mediocre 300 design (I've never once been able to see what is so special about the design-it is so average I don't get it-not that its a bad car or such, but its just nothing special).

Also to be bagged: Dodge Challenger, in the original form. There were some leaked internal drawings a year or two back, looked like a Challenger meets 1999 Charger design-BUILD THAT ONE!!!!! This one just looked retro and very unoriginal, which with Imperial, was also too derivative, unoriginal, and fast-falling Chrysler design that started with the 2005 Firepower concept and 2007 Dodge Caliber.

I'm not opposed at all to Challenger and Imperial being built (the latter preferably as a full luxury line a la Airflite/Chronos/ME412/Crossfire school of design to compete with Cadillac, Infiniti, BMW)-I would love to see a proper Chrysler full-size sedan (i.e. Newport/New Yorker/300N-with humane cargo space and more luxury), and a Challenger as described above.

• 2 weeks later...

Posted Image

The Height of the door sill on each appears to be the same to me, As well the distance from the a-pillar to the window sill looks the same. Mustangs are selling well aren't they?

The shot of the Mustang is much closer than the shot of the Camaro. Without specs on me, I am still fairly certain the Mustang isn't longer than the Camaro, especially not by that much. The door sill on the Mustang is much lower, making it much more conducive to open-air touring.

• 2 weeks later...

Build both the Camaro and the Challenger. The rest could disappear as far as I am concerned.

Now, although I am a certifiable Camaro nutcase, I do understand that GM has bigger issues to deal with than bringing back the Camaro. That doesn't mean that it shouldn't be done. A shared platform and a busy factory could bring us a couple of excellent cars.

Personally, I do hope that some interior work is done on the dash and realistically I expect that to be the case. The gauges and stereo look just designed for a concept and should be reworked with ergonomics and visibility in mind.

I see this Camaro as a modern interpretation of a car I have loved for years and not strict retro. OK, that may seem a loopy statement, but hey its my opinion. It brings back the heritiage and could lead to some more beautiful generations for the future.