Server Move In Progress - Read More ×

Next Year's Model, All-New for 2010

ocnblu

Gold Terrain, leaving a house close to me that used to harbor an old Vue in its driveway.

Neighbor down the street who's had a fire engine red late model Envoy for a while, now brought a maroon Terrain home to be its little brother. Nice driveway, even if I don't like the colors on either.

Went for a spin today to check out some of my latest work in houses being built, then to the GM dealer in Lewes since they're closed. Several other people--including a Honda Element checking out new Enclaves--had the same idea.

1) Last new Pontiac. 2009.5 (has the interior updates) GXP in Dark Steel Gray with Light Taupe 2-tone leather. Call me crazy, but I've loved it since it appeared, batwing & all. Wish I could buy it, with the crazy deals, for a 2nd runabout. Second G6 I drove was a GXP coupe back in 2008, and I wanted one since then, even after my lemon GT situation. The color combo certainly makes this one pop.

Image00001.jpg

2) Camaro 2SS. Red Jewel with Beige leather (the last 2 they ordered have been beige interior equipped), the first time I've seen it and I like it. I'd take this car too, just would have to remove the grotesque GM accessories billet fuel door. Bleh.

Image00002.jpg

3) Camaro 2LT. Imperial Blue with Beige leather, again. Like mom's, as a 2LT, but no RS and that makes a big difference, but still very nice with the polished 19's, sunroof, and beige leather.

Image00003.jpg

Image00004.jpg

4) Canyon regular cab in Gray Green. I don't know what it is, but between the new colors--this is the BEST, period--new wheels and other touch ups, these small trucks have been looking terrific in the past couple of years. This one was parked off to the side and caught my eye immediately, especially the color--really pops, even if the pics make it look drab.

Image00005.jpg

Image00006.jpg

I parked my G8 by the red Camaro & gray G6 and someone was eyeing it when I walked across the lot...no, you can't have it :AH-HA:

Caddycruiser, you are so much like Eve holding out the apple. Evil, evil man. You know I dream of a 2010 GMT355 regular cab in that color. Why must you taunt me so?:AH-HA:

PS: I like that color combo on the G6 GXP, gray and tan looks good together.

Caddycruiser, you are so much like Eve holding out the apple. Evil, evil man. You know I dream of a 2010 GMT355 regular cab in that color. Why must you taunt me so?:AH-HA:

PS: I like that color combo on the G6 GXP, gray and tan looks good together.

I know! I was looking at the G6 & Camaro, looked over and WHOA...immediately thought of you before I even started over. It was just perched there for a reason. You wouldn't mind the 2.9L I-4, would ya...well...and 2wd? :smilewide:

Well hmm... it would make a great little runabout truck for flat, temperate climates like Lewes, DE, but I have to have something small but super-spunky, like myself :AH-HA: The 3.7L, 4X4 with G80 positraction, Chevy with tan interior is what I have in mind. I've decided on Chevy because since the regular cab has black handles and mirrors, it would look better with the body-color bumpers... sort of like a little bulldog ex-Army truck in that color. Butch!

Well hmm... it would make a great little runabout truck for flat, temperate climates like Lewes, DE, but I have to have something small but super-spunky, like myself :AH-HA: The 3.7L, 4X4 with G80 positraction, Chevy with tan interior is what I have in mind. I've decided on Chevy because since the regular cab has black handles and mirrors, it would look better with the body-color bumpers... sort of like a little bulldog ex-Army truck in that color. Butch!

I like your style, rather it be in a Cobalt or a Colorado :AH-HA:

Another one that just had me LAUGHING hysterically and other drivers around me chuckling & pointing...

A black '04ish Corvette (local car, too...never seen it before though) that was stock except for one addition--a set of those big fleshy balls dangling between the 2 center exhaust tips :AH-HA:

Awesome, hah, cruising down Rt. 1. I wish I could have seen who was driving it...

Edited by caddycruiser

Last night, New Year's Day, on the same major north-south boulevard where I seem to "spot" all the cars:

A beautiful 2006 or 2007 white Monte Carlo LT with the upturned spoiler and the 5-spoke 17" machined alloy wheels, identical to the one I would have bought. As it turned left onto this major street in front of me, its fluid lines grabbed my attention.

Regardless, I am happy with the decision to purchase the LaCrosse with its highly touted powertrain.

Platinum White Tri-Coat '10 Taurus Limited...I've been unsure of the butts on these things, and I still am a bit, but in traffic and against so many other new or recent cars, it had great presence. The big blue oval doesn't help, but still. Nice car.

taurus-butt.jpg

Brand new, shiny white/tan leatherette Jetta TDI Sportwagen manual with massive sunroof... in our employee parking lot. Complete with new-style front end and all. Now I'm dying to find out who's it is!

Brand new, shiny white/tan leatherette Jetta TDI Sportwagen manual with massive sunroof... in our employee parking lot. Complete with new-style front end and all. Now I'm dying to find out who's it is!

Scope it out...scope it out...I hate when co-workers get new cars and don't tell me or anyone about it :AH-HA:

Today started out seeing a black '46 Cadillac sedan followed by a silver '67 Sedan de Ville. On the way home, I was side-by-side with a red Solstice GXP coupe for a while. When it turned off of US-1 in College Park, a black G8 GXP pulled into traffic to replace it.

Someone should make plastic vaginas for Toyota drivers to stick on their rear bumpers.

Ahahaha...

Just sitting in traffic at a red light, and looking around me, 4 ladies in an Acura TSX behind the ball'd Vette & beside me were looking and chuckling, others in a minivan were pointing and I think trying to distract the back seat kids...just perfect. Add a vag to a Toyota, one typically going 37mph in a 55 with Dilbert behind the wheel and ta-da...good idea :AH-HA:

Edited by caddycruiser

Saw a couple nice GM oldies today...a very clean, unrestored-looking '83-84 Monte Carlo SS in white w/ dk blue interior and a silver '71-72 Ventura II in silver w/ large Pro Touring/G-Machine style wheels (aluminum rims, black spokes). Very sharp.

'70 Cutlass hardtop, blue w/ blue bumpers, driver condition, growling fiercely as it drove by twice.

'63 Chevy II 4-dr sedan, dark blue over med, stock & nice, driving.

'62 Belvedere 2-dr sedan, white w/ a jaunty red insert at the beltline, 3-spd on the column, exc, parked @ gas station.

Did you go out there and offer to call a tow truck for the 3000GT guy? Because his car was obviously broke down for that to happen.:AH-HA:

hehe well if its the 3000gt i think it was (its wrecked on the passenger side and i was on the drivers side) then it probably gave up the ghost... some 12th grader/ college freshman in the area has flogged it pretty hard.

Today at lunch it was Pontiac Thursday. At one busy intersection, on the same side as I, I saw near each other a black Solstice GXP, white G8 GT, and a blue '70-73 Firebird in nice shape, mildly modified, lifted in the back, wide Cragars on wide tires, kind of a '70s street machine look. A few min later, I saw a white late 4th gen T/A w/ red headlight covers.

Saw a couple cars in person for the first time today--the new BMW 5-series GT (hatchback). Looks stranger in person than in pics..oddly tall compared to a 5-series sedan. Also saw a black Terrain..not bad, but I think I like the Acacia styling more.

'80-81 T/A, black/gold, polished Turbine wheels, gorgeous, for sale, gas station.

'65 Galaxie 2-dr hardtop, green with a bondo-d rear quarter, a bit rough, parked @ station.

something from circa 1925... 2-dr coupe, roadster top, ratty & in primer, parked @ station.

Oh yes- and a late model honda pilot with chromed mags and wide white walls (maybe 1.5"). Yikes.

Edited by balthazar

Yesterday...G8 day...

1) Pacific Slate '09 V6 sitting at a gas station right next to the dealer, flat front tire, old guy in the driver's seat on the phone. Should have stopped to help him!

2) Red GT with the Sport 19's & out of state tags at the dealer, lady sitting in it, as I think her husband/sons checked out a new Camaro...I rolled past & waved :cheering:

3) Black GT with the standard 18's, filthy as could be, on a back road after I had just overtaken a slow mo Camry...got the "nod"

Then a brand new, fresh from dealer yellow Camaro SS/RS with black or gray stripes and MD temp tags, I think a new local car just purchased out of state. HOT.

Got the day off for the holiday, went out for breakfast. While sitting in a neighborhood coffee shop, I saw a sweet silver blue w/ white top mid '60s Corvette convertible roll up to the light, headlights on and wipers going...slow steady rain all morning w/ overcast skies, a nice change in the weather from the usual. Squint and ignore the palm trees, and from the ambiance of the coffee shop, it sort of felt like Portland or Seattle rather than boring Phoenix.

Also saw a very clean biege 2dr '75-76 or so Buick Skylark.

Edited by Cubical-aka-Moltar

A drive between Portland and Seattle yesterday netted a lot of sightings along I-5, most of them obviously going the other way (south)...that's how I got to spot them.

First and foremost, a LOT of new Fusions. Unbelievable. But no Milans.

A 1988-ish Coupe De Ville, burgundy, in perfect condition...meaning that their aluminum V8 (4.5 IIRC) can go the distance.

Alongside me, a new silver Lincoln MKS. Beautiful.

$h!, no perfect condition Cutlass Supremes or Grand LeManses from the mid-70s were spotted.

Also, the LaCrosse, which now has about 6,000 miles, delivered 31.67 mpg (62 to 65 mph, on cruise) between Portland and Tacoma.

While driving down Street Road in Feasterville, Pa, we had a bright yellow De Tomaso Pantera...

post-4086-12637576137086.jpg

Sounded good and it was pretty quick in traffic. I barely got this shot through the dirty window...

There is an absolutely deadly Pantera that comes to the local cruise night sometimes - stunning beast.

Think Ford GT on steroids, and you'll get the idea.

Wish I had a pic.

Out for a very brief shopping/errands run today...

1) Brand new all black & chrome Nissan Rogue "Krom"...looked different enough to make me double take & wonder...but in weird "WTF is that?" way

2) Black '04 GTO 5.7, scraped up side sills & un-matched rear wheels (drag ready?), parked G8 next to it...could have been a family shot, had my phone not wonked out at the same time

3) New '10 Prius sitting in a sub shop parking spot, driver/older dude out with the hood open scratching his head & wife inside...I can only imagine...

...and the standout...

4) Black '09 Challenger SE, 3.5L, smaller aluminum wheels, etc. Waited for her to back out of a space, she waved & smiled to thank, then I saw the horror...base model car...but on the hood bulge she (or someone) had put the "6.1L Hemi" emblems from an SRT car...WHY...oh WHY...it doesn't even make "cool" sense...it's just weird...

Edited by caddycruiser

As I was loading my purchases outside Target this afternoon, I saw a gorgeous 1990 Mustang GT pull in beside me..Oregon plates, bright red (a lighter color than my '87) in minty condition. I got to talking to the lady driving it--has only 30k miles and she uses it as her winter car here. Well equipped, power windows, sun roof, manual, no armrest (an anomaly of the 1990 model which had a driver's side airbag for the first time). It's pretty rare to see a Fox Mustang in original, unmolested condition...the few I see these days look worn out or are modified.

It was a beautiful evening, gorgeous sunset..layers of reds over the mountains to the west, with a full moon to the east.Spring is in the air--saw 1/2 dozen people in shorts and flip flops at a pizza place when I went out for dinner, and it was only in the upper 60s today in the Chand..

'71 'cuda, solid but rough, parked in driveway looking unregistered.

'70 Chevelle coupe, dark blue w/ white skunk stripes & SS bumper strip, all chrome painted bodycolor, rust bubbles plentiful, OK plates, on flatbed.

'64-65 Mustang coupe, dark blu w/ Cragers, very clean, parked by residence.

While out and about this afternoon I saw a very sharp pale yellow '68 Galaxie convertible w/ black steel wheels and a primer gray '67 Firemaro (a Camaro w/ a Firebird front clip)...looked like a project in progress.

hehe and also middle of the month i caught this on a ride from my house.

downsize-20.jpg

Cool! Buick Roadmaster... and in burgundy!

Seriously, I realise the Gremlin X is the objective... and its quite cool.

I had thought the Gremlin X was only pre-'77, but I guess thats not the case, as that has the larger taillights.