Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
NewsFeeder

Yes, There's More: 2011 Honda CR-Z video captures leak out

11 posts in this topic

Filed under: Coupe, Budget, Hybrid, Honda

crz_vid_stills.jpg
2011 Honda CR-Z video stills - Click above for image gallery

As the 2011 Honda CR-Z gets prepares its assault on your heart and pocketbook, it is showing its face in more and more places.

This time, the 126-combined-horsepower hybrid eco-runner has been spotted in a video, from which a number of stills have been taken. While there aren't any additional specs to come with it, you can at least see what you'll look like driving down the road while you get somewhere above 50 miles per gallon. We note that while we still look forward to its tidy packaging and (hopefully) nimble dynamics, the front-end looks rather unfortunate with a U.S.-sized number plate.

The car is expected to bow for the first time in Japan sometime next month, but we hear it could show up earlier at the Detroit Auto Show. In the meantime, find all the images below in the gallery.

[source: Gazoo via Carscoop]

Yes, There's More: 2011 Honda CR-Z video captures leak out originally appeared on Autoblog on Fri, 01 Jan 2010 13:51:00 EST. Please see our terms for use of feeds.

Read | Permalink | Email this | Comments

di
di

autoblog?i=bOgbSf0b5MQ:Ekfjm9mTm0g:wF9xT autoblog?i=bOgbSf0b5MQ:Ekfjm9mTm0g:V_sGL
bOgbSf0b5MQ

View the full article

This is what happens if an RX-8 and an Insight have a love child and that love child somehow has inbred spawn.

The front end seems oddly dated. The interior out-weirds the current Civic. The back end melds first-gen Insight with last-gen CR-X.

If it is not moddable, I fear it will not sell to the kids.

Nice to see Honda doing something sporty, even if it's remotely so... and it's nice to see hybrid technology actually adding to performance.

Nasty photos, although I like the orange color. I really like the look of this (not based on these photos mind you). Should be an interesting car. I bet it will get excellent real world mileage, even if the EPA numbers are low. I would expect performance on par with a regular Civic coupe, though it depends on what the curb weigh ends up being. Some rumors are putting it above 2700 lbs, but that seems way too high considering the weight of the Insight and the fact that the CR-Z is quite a bit smaller, has a manual gearbox option, and the engine is (I think) the same series (meaning it's just bored out and shouldn't weigh any more).

Maybe Honda will produce an Si version with a regular K20 non-hybrid engine...

Photos from the official brochure

Edited by siegen

i thought the front looks have alot of mazda 3 in it...? or is that just the grill ;)

not a fan of the dash, but aside from that I kind of like it, and to be honest its refreshing to see Honda try to get their old time Hondaness back. i think this is more the type of car Honda got popular with, does well, and remain purposeful and distinctive with.

and yes it needs to be moddable.

its an almost semi endorsement from me.

Some more official specs leaked.

At least for the Japanese CR-Z, the 6MT trim will weigh 1130 kg (2491lbs) and the CVT trim will weigh 1160 kg (2557 lb).

Excellent weight figures for a hybrid. A lot of people also think that those figures are for the 2+2 model, and that it may weight a tad less since the US version is rumored to be a 2-seater only. No idea if that is accurate or not.

This is what happens if an RX-8 and an Insight have a love child and that love child somehow has inbred spawn.

Or an RX-8 has really nasty sex with a vaccuum cleaner...

Nasty photos, although I like the orange color. I really like the look of this (not based on these photos mind you). Should be an interesting car. I bet it will get excellent real world mileage, even if the EPA numbers are low. I would expect performance on par with a regular Civic coupe, though it depends on what the curb weigh ends up being. Some rumors are putting it above 2700 lbs, but that seems way too high considering the weight of the Insight and the fact that the CR-Z is quite a bit smaller, has a manual gearbox option, and the engine is (I think) the same series (meaning it's just bored out and shouldn't weigh any more).

Maybe Honda will produce an Si version with a regular K20 non-hybrid engine...

Photos from the official brochure

Meh...usually regfootball and I disagree on Hondas, and this is no different.

To me, the last interesting Hondas died when the Integra went out of production in 2002 and the 99-00 Civic Si went out of production.

Honda needs to hire some stylists...fast!

Edited by 66Stang