Server Move In Progress - Read More ×

Never a year like '09

<div style='background-color:#e9e9e9; width: 425px;'><object id='A64060' quality='high' data='http://aka.zero.jibjab.com/client/zero/ClientZero_EmbedViewer.swf?templateID=203931&service=sendables.jibjab.com&partnerID=JibJab' pluginspage='http://www.macromedia.com/go/getflashplayer' type='application/x-shockwave-flash' wmode='transparent' height='319' width='425'><param name='wmode' value='transparent'></param><param name='movie' value='http://aka.zero.jibjab.com/client/zero/ClientZero_EmbedViewer.swf?templateID=203931&service=sendables.jibjab.com&partnerID=JibJab'></param><param name='scaleMode' value='showAll'></param><param name='quality' value='high'></param><param name='allowNetworking' value='all'></param><param name='allowFullScreen' value='true' /><param name='FlashVars' value='templateID=203931&service=sendables.jibjab.com&partnerID=JibJab'></param><param name='allowScriptAccess' value='always'></param></object><div style='text-align:center; width:435px; margin-top:6px;'>Try JibJab Sendables® <a href='http://sendables.jibjab.com/ecards'>eCards</a> today!</div></div>

Yeah, totally agreed. Not the worst year on record in my world... but only by a small margin. I started wishing away 2009 back in November. 2009 saw quite a few things very important to me come to an end, and many other things take a giant step (or steps) back.

As I continue to distance myself, time wise, from birth, NYE continues to accumulate more and more baggage of remembering things of the past, which are gone forever. I don't know if its me, and others simply have shorter memories, but I don't know how the elderly can bear it...

Anyway, I survived another one (I need a T-shirt, "I survived 2009!"), and I'm rallying for a strong 2010! I wish all of you a fantastic new year!

Yes, a year like no other - may it never happen again!

Good riddance 2009!

Perfect. Agreed. Yes. Many less than great things happened worldwide, and in my own life, all the G8 experience aside, it's not gone exceedingly well. Good riddance. 2010 is going to be one of change. My 2010 horoscope prediction said so :AH-HA:

2009 Was pretty dismal...not sure 2010 is going to be better from an economic standpoint.

'

However, things aroe going very well in my family, we are enjoying each other and getting along...so who cares if a new Cobalt SS is in the drive or not? (probably me, actually, but...)

Chris

I have no specific complaints WRT 2009.

I have this nagging shadowy feeling 2010 is going to cost me a lot more than 2009, in an unplanned sort of way, so my determination to make as much as possible is redoubled.

I would also like to sell off / toss out a LOT of the flotsam & jetsum I have accumulated; I am logistically paralyzed and I need to simplify. Camino- you have that handy booklet handy (since you did this last year)?

I have no specific complaints WRT 2009.

I have this nagging shadowy feeling 2010 is going to cost me a lot more than 2009, in an unplanned sort of way, so my determination to make as much as possible is redoubled.

I would also like to sell off / toss out a LOT of the flotsam & jetsum I have accumulated; I am logistically paralyzed and I need to simplify. Camino- you have that handy booklet handy (since you did this last year)?

The thing about that booklet is... the next page tends to be worse than the previous.

>>"You thinking about moving or something?"<<

No, just thinking about moving around my own house/ garage/ basement/ shop more easily.

>>"The thing about that booklet is... the next page tends to be worse than the previous."<<

This the same 'Simplify Your Life' booklet ??

Do you mean clutter and teetering piles of stuff is GOOD for you ????

Hm-mmmm... :unsure:

>>"You thinking about moving or something?"<<

No, just thinking about moving around my own house/ garage/ basement/ shop more easily.

>>"The thing about that booklet is... the next page tends to be worse than the previous."<<

This the same 'Simplify Your Life' booklet ??

Do you mean clutter and teetering piles of stuff is GOOD for you ????

Hm-mmmm... :unsure:

No.

But the process tends to suck... alot.

And I'm still turning those pages.

>>"It's something like being falling-down drunk and trying to negotiate your way through a narrow hallway filled with priceless sculpture - that doesn't belong to you."<<

I don't think this describes my situation ... :confused0071:

My biggest obstacle is, just about everything I want gone is worth something, but the damned economy doesn't have many people buying. I can't bring myself to throw something away that's worth something, even if it's $5.

On the other hand, made $101 at the scrap yard Wed. That's the ticket- get junk gone & get paid for it.

It's something like being falling-down drunk and trying to negotiate your way through a narrow hallway filled with priceless sculpture - that doesn't belong to you.

Holy crap...the book about my life right now...how'd you know:blush:

Seriously, right now, on the 2nd day of 2010 I'm 95% determined to make the big changes I NEED, happen. Just fell down & got back up at the start of this hall...the sculpture is a bit further down...

Camino-you and balthazar are both highly talented individuals-things will get better, eventually the economy will get better...

Until then, enjoy rolling through the bario on the 24's, yo...and let the 12" and 15" speakers in the back do the talking, yo...

Wonder how Arkus would look in a ganster scarf?

Chris

>>"It's something like being falling-down drunk and trying to negotiate your way through a narrow hallway filled with priceless sculpture - that doesn't belong to you."<<

My biggest obstacle is, just about everything I want gone is worth something, but the damned economy doesn't have many people buying. I can't bring myself to throw something away that's worth something, even if it's $5.

On the other hand, made $101 at the scrap yard Wed. That's the ticket- get junk gone & get paid for it.

If I could just convince my wife of that....

I'm like that too; can't stand to throw out or give away anything of value. And I hear you about tightening the reins on your finances; I've been doing the same. I want to have a good chunk of cash on hand in case $h! really hits the fan.

My sister has been doing a lot of that lately, selling stuff on eBay. Getting rid of Fiestaware dishes she's never used, liquidating her doll collection, old furniture, guitars, clothes, too much stuff in the house that will need to go somewhere if she sells the house this year or rents it out to someone other than moi. eBay-America's garage sale site..

The way things are going, COUNT on it hitting the fan. If I'm wrong- you lose nothing. But if I'm right...

Well, here's to hoping you're wrong. However, it definitely does not appear as though we are out of the woods yet. As long as I have an emergency fund in the bank and am able to keep my toy collection, I'll be fine; everything else can pretty much go.

Kinda sucks though, having the money to do some of the things you want to do but you still can't do them because everything's on such thin ice right now. Found a dirt cheap house the other day that, if it were any other economy, I'd be signing the paperwork on right now and pouring my heart and soul and dollars into. But a dilapidated five bedroom Victorian with a seriously leaky roof and a complete lack of a heating system (I counted five small radiators in the 3000 square foot monster), among other problems, is far too much of an undertaking in all this craziness. But I still daydream about it from time to time.....

Guess all we can do is put our helmets on and brace for impact.

Being in the bidnit, I would LOVE to buy a vintage house, renovate it & resell it. Have not seen a viable candidate, and -being tight- have not really looked. Soon....

Then again, a couple cars stick in my mind that I should grab before they are crushed. One may alrady be: a late '40s Buick converted into a tow truck. :drool:

I hope that 2010 begins better than 2009 ended. '09 was by and large OK for me, I guess. Ever since I got back from vacation in September, though, it was been pretty much a crapfest right up until the ball dropped. A lot of crap hit the fan in various relationships. Some were good and turned ugly, others were already ugly and got uglier, and my capacity to be happy or optimistic is pretty much sapped. And for that I hope the door didn't hit 2009 in the ass on the way out.

I feel the same way as Balthazar as far as losing something of real value goes.

The trouble is that for some time now, I've had no choice. Having to do that over and over is a bitter pill to swallow.

Time and again, I have had to entirely restructure my life and start over at zero - never being able to consolidate things in a defensible position.

It has made me weary.

And yet, there is no choice but to do it all again.