Server Move In Progress - Read More ×

Mom's Car

ocnblu

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="

name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>My mom bought herself a brand new '69 Charger SE, 318/Torqueflite, in triple gold. Stepdad's buddy had a dark green '68 Charger. We used to go boating together. Our little speedboat was gold metalflake, his was green metalflake, a pair of handsome rigs just right for the times.

Does anyone have cool pictures/vids of their parents' cool cars from back in the day to share?

Oh I so DO! I must dig them all out & start scanning...dad's & mom's...lots of stuff many years ago :AH-HA:

Cool Charger. Before my father's current '68 Coronet, Mopar wise, he at least had another '68 Coronet, followed by a '69 Coronet, followed by a '70 Coronet I grew up with going to shows & such when we lived in PA...also mixed in a '69 Chevelle, a '70 Chevelle, a '57 Chevy, an MG, a little old Datsun truck, a Ford Galaxy of some kind, a...

I'll have to dig out old photos and Polaroids eventually and scan 'em. My folks had a lot of interesting cars over the years, some before my time, and some when I was growing up. Besides the family Montereys, Marquis and Town Cars from the '60s-90s, they also had a variety of Mustangs ('65 black on black 289 hi po coupe, '69 351 W Sportsroof, various Foxes), Cougars ('67 and '68s), Thunderbirds...

No photos, but I wish I had some. My dad had a bunch of interesting or "colorful" cars: a Maverick Grabber with a straight-six that used front tires in just a few hundred miles because it had frame damage, a big Ford LTD coupe, two Dodge Magnum coupes, a Le Mans, a Ford F-100 Ranger that had the front wheel fall off a few minutes after he just traded it off, a black short-wheelbase '85 Silverado ... it's a long list. Mom had only two before she married dad; a '76 Nova Rally Sport and a horrible little Nissan Pulsar.

There used to be a photo of the two Mopies in a convoy, boats hitched, taken at Pequea Creek. Lord knows where it is. There is also a picture of the old '73 Catalina, butt to the camera in our farm lane, a wide angle shot showing the house a mile up the oyster shell road. I'd love to find that one for keeps.

Many of the family cars are captured on film, but mostly on slides rather than prints.

I may be able to find a few you guys haven't seen yet.

I know that there are prints of my Dad's '58 Golden Hawk after he flipped it, I'm hoping for some pre-wreck shots.

My Mom just had a CD made of some old slides her Dad took, and a few of our cars made the cut - maybe I can lift them from that.

Anyone other than me know what a Scout Aristocrat looks like? :AH-HA:

The hat is waaaay sporty, dude.:)

Hah! And back then I apparently had INSANE thick hair too...where'd it go?

Lots of memories from that '69 truck. Like riding in back with a dog and trying not to step in one of the many holes all over the bed floor, for pavement view.

Jeez...I just realized someone's white briefs are on the clothes line out back...how classy... :blush:...nevermind;-)

Edited by caddycruiser

My parents have been rather boring for a while.

Reverse chronological order:

Mom:

2002 Oldsmobile Aurora (current)

1994 Pontiac Bonneville

1986 Dodge Colt Vista

1981 Subaru Wagon GL

197x Fiat Wagon

197x VW Squareback

1964 Mustang (wrecked)

Dad:

1996 Ford F-150 (current)

1983 Ford F-250

~1974 Ford F-250

Chevy Vega with a more powerful V8 swapped in

some late 60s early 70s english Ford

~1960s Jeep (wrecked)

There's more...I know there are...including mom's Monte Carlo and various rides from the grandparents, but here we go on the 'rents rides as I found in one box. Seen before, but what a treasure trove.

The full link I'll keep adding to:

http://s26.photobucket.com/albums/c101/caddycruiser/My%20Cars%20Stuff/Old%20Cars/

And some pictures, mostly dad's, but we'll start with some of mom's...

Plymouth Aero...she had 2 of these back to back:

img001.jpg

img002.jpg

'89 Chevy Corsica...traded the '83 Monte Carlo for this "family car" in '92. Had it for 5 years.

img001.jpg

img002.jpg

The ones dad actually drove for a long time...

'70 Chevelle:

img008.jpg

img009.jpg

'69 Chevy Truck:

img001.jpg

img002.jpg

'79 GMC Van. Had this from '94-04, pre Roadmaster. Bought it in need, fixed it to very nice then let it degrade to crap over the next 10 years:

img001.jpg

img007.jpg

img008.jpg

Dad has had:

2007 Pontiac G6 V6 4dr (currently)

2000 Honda Civic LX 4 dr

1987 Pontiac Grand Am LE coupe

1986 Ford Ranger V6

1978 Pontiac Grand Prix

1970 Volkswagen Super Beetle

1968 Pontiac Catalina

1967 Pontiac Grand Prix

1964 Pontiac Catalina

1963 Oldsmobile 88

1962 Pontiac Star Chief

1956 Pontiac Star Chief.

His Parents had:

1981 Toyota Corolla

1973 Buick LeSabre Custom

1973 Volkswagen Beetle

1969 Volkswagen Karmen Giha

1964 Pontiac Catalina (different then dad's)

1956 Pontiac Star Chief (different then dad's)

1951 Pontiac

late 1940's Pontiac

My Mom's parents had a 1957 Ford wagon, and a 70's Dodge, I don't know any others.

Edited by Brougham-Holiday

...more that dad actually had for a long time...

'70 Dodge Coronet. Bought it needing restored, in original olive green, then eventually it became this. I loved this car. SO cool. Loved riding in it, going to shows, etc.

img004.jpg

img005.jpg

img013.jpg

img024.jpg

'68 Dodge Coronet 440. Just bought it at the end of the summer...needs a lot...a work in progress...majorly:

img001.jpg

img002.jpg

img007.jpg

img004.jpg

Edited by caddycruiser

Buick Wildcat...this was grandma's, but in the box. Apparently quite the beast and they'd tow the camper trailer with it to the beach every summer they had it:

img001.jpg

img002.jpg

The ones dad bought, fixed up and either drove a little or just flipped for profit...

'57 Chevy...did most of a ground up, an engine swap from a full size Blazer, Mopar seats, etc. Turned out cool. I never understood the "front" thing...but he had a reason:

img002.jpg

img005.jpg

img006.jpg

Edited by caddycruiser

...more of the ones dad bought, fixed up and either drove a little or just flipped for profit...

Mercury Cougar:

img003.jpg

Ford Galaxie:

img003.jpg

img009.jpg

Ford Ranchero:

img001.jpg

MG B GT:

img001.jpg

img002.jpg

Datsun truck...odd, but even did an engine swap, etc.:

img001.jpg

Edited by caddycruiser

In terms of worst cars I think my mom would take the cake. Before my parents got married my mom had a sum total of two cars

1973 Morris Marina 3dr Hatch

DSC05750.JPG

1979 Ford Fiesta MkI

800px-Ford_Fiesta_MK1_front_20071023.jpg

I've noted some of the stuff my dad had in my signature but he had

1965 Chevrolet Impala SS Convertible (Candy Apple Red, 283 V8)

1965 Chrysler Newport 4dr Hardtop (Light Blue, 383 V8)

1967 Oldsmobile Delta 88 2dr Hardtop (Black, 425 V8)

1973 Datsun 610 DX 2dr (Yellow with Black vinyl top, 1.6L I4) eek!

1970 Oldsmobile Cutlass S Fastback (Black, 455 Rocket V8)

1969 Acadian 4dr Sedan (Powder Blue, 250 I6)

1975 Pontiac Grand LeMans 2dr Coupe (Powder Blue, 400 V8)

1989 Pontiac Grand Am LE 2dr Coupe (Gray/Silver two tone, Quad 4)

With my grandparents it's a bit more spotty by on my mom's side I know my grandfather's last car was a 1985 Caprice Estate, and that he at one point had a 1948 Chrysler Town and Country, and that my grandmother at one point had a Sunbeam 90 Mk III and a Vauxhall Cresta. On the other side I recall my grandmother had a 1976 Monte Carlo, a 1985 Mercury Grand Marquis and the above 1969 Acadian. My grandfather had a 2007 Impala LS 3.5, a 2001 Dodge Caravan Sport 3.3, a 1996 Ford Windstar GL, a 1994 Dodge Neon Sport, a 1989 Ford Tempo L, a 1983 Buick Electra Park Avenue 350 V8, a 1969 Ford Country Squire, a 1975 Mercury Colony Park, a 1954 Ford, and a 1956 Cadillac Sedan deVille Hardtop in White.

Didn't fully realize until I saw this a few times how well dad staged these 2 pics, or at least the first one. Cool car...and now that I also remember it...he had it through getting married, they drove it to Delaware at least once, and then I think it met its fate one night via a really big deer. He got it home, but it was too damaged to bother trying to get back in shape after 15 years or so of PA rust and such, and it actually became a backyard ornament at our house in PA under a tarp. Thinking back, even really young, I distinctly remember him dismantling/cutting it apart piece by piece and even helping move the engine or part of it somehow...sad...sort of...

The ones dad actually drove for a long time...

'70 Chevelle:

img008.jpg

img009.jpg

...and no WONDER he despises any kind of mudflaps, splash guards, etc. now... :rolleyes:

Edited by caddycruiser

In box #1, I had these too, and if I remember correctly from many years back, they belonged to my great great grandparents?

I couldn't tell you what's what, however.

img002.jpg

img001.jpg

Edited by caddycruiser

Dad's sister had a pale yellow '68 Malibu coupe, bought new, she kept it for 17 years. She now has a 7-year old CR-V, bought new. Her husband had a Beetle for 16 years, a Ram van for 18 years, and his current Yukon XL is 9 years old.

She mentioned this to me at Xmas, since I have the rep in the family for changing my mode of vehicular transportation so often.:)

caddycruiser ~ >>"they belonged to my great great grandparents? I couldn't tell you what's what, however."<<

The top runabout is the every-ubitquitous Ford Model T.

I'd bet dollars to donuts the touring car is the same- what I can see of it matches up.

-- -- -- -- --

My father has owned:

'06 (?) Lucerne 4-dr sedan

'00 (?) LeSabre 4-dr sedan

'89 LeSabre 4-dr sedan

'80 Colt

'77 Catalina Safari

'72 Nova 4-dr sedan (used)

'70 Catalina 4-dr sedan

'63 Catalina 4-dr hardtop (used)

'62 Biscayne 2-dr sedan

I have a few poor pics of the '70, a few decent ones of the '77.

I kno I've seen a pic of him with the '62, but I don't have it.

His Average Model Year Owned is 1979. Mine is 1965.

I came home from the hospital in the '63.

caddycruiser ~ >>"they belonged to my great great grandparents? I couldn't tell you what's what, however."<<

The top runabout is the every-ubitquitous Ford Model T.

I'd bet dollars to donuts the touring car is the same- what I can see of it matches up.

Cool, thanks! I knew they had come up in conversation at one point, but couldn't remember all of them. Nice to know...wish I could get more of my grandfather's oldies. Will have to dig next time I visit.

HOLY COW ... what a GOLDMINE of a thread this is.

Some cars my Dad has owned over the years:

1955 Chevy convertible

1958 Chevy convertible w/continental kit

1966 Impala SS

1968 Impala SS

1976 Monte Carlo

1981 Monte Carlo SC (Mine since 1999)

Cort | 36swm.IL | "Mr Monte Carlo"."Mr Road Trip" | pig valve.pacemaker

WRMNshowcase.legos.HO.models.MCs.RTs.CHD = http://www.chevyasylum.com/cort

"This is the story of us all" ... The Last Goodnight ... 'Pictures Of You'

My dad had that same datsun truck...but in white!

Hah! It's one vehicle he had I know NO story on...he just had it & has a few pictures of it in the garage with a chain swapping the engine. Might just have been a flipper.

He did a LOT of this stuff 20some years ago. The pictures still amaze me, vs. what he accomplishes now, although now there's another job involved :AH-HA: