What if...

zoomtm

If GM went out of business who would you buy from?  

35 members have voted

1. 1. If GM went out of business who would you buy from?

• DCX
    • FORD (Includes Range, Volvo, Mercury, etc)
    • HONDA
    • TOYOTA
    • NISSAN
    • OTHER

Tough. I, too, would buy something used such as an Intrigue and baby it.

However, if that wasn't an option, I would probably go Daimler Chrysler. They have one car that I've stumbled onto as a rental which is the Chrysler Sebring hardtop coupe (NOT the convertible). I remember it as being likable and fun to drive. (It doesn't price competitively against better equipped and larger GM midsizes, so you don't see too many around).

The question is a head scratcher.

Hey, Zoomer, nice of you to put up a thread that doesn't deal with sexuality or flirtations with others on the board! :AH-HA_wink:

DaimlerChrysler, of course. I'm a Mopar person.

There's something about that sparkling five-pointed star!

BMW!

oh wait...that's right :P

But seriously...Unless I am buying a vette, a full size truck/SUV, a camaro, or maybe a caddy, then I would give my business elsewhere. Not a lot from GM really appeals to me. I'd buy from Nissan/Infiniti too though. 350Z, or any Infiniti (except Q/QX)

I didn't buy GM last time, but I'm not sure I could deal with the shame of purchasing another Toyota. :rolleyes:

I'd have to go with BMW (well, Mini) first, especially if they offered a longer wheelbase version, then probably Ford, then probably Toyota and Honda. No DCX or Nissans for me.

There is?  :blink:

Yep! I've had no major problems with Chrysler automobiles. I like their "personality" while in motion, the swoopy cab-forward shapes!

I'll take the five-pointed star over a three-pointed star anyday anyway!

Not to mention I love their quirks.

Edited by MyerShift

Yep! I've had no major problems with Chrysler automobiles. I like their "personality" while in motion, the swoopy cab-forward shapes!

I'll take the five-pointed star over a three-pointed star anyday anyway!

Not to mention I love their quirks.

call me dumb...3 pointed star? im confused..

call me dumb...3 pointed star? im confused..

Come on, you know!

Three-pointed star=Mercedes-Benz

:P

DaimlerChrylser is the union of the Three- and Five-pointed stars!

Edited by MyerShift

Lol! It's something I've seen Mercedes referred to because of that circle thing with the three points in it.

I'm sorry. A little sarcasm slipped out there. I wish that Chrysler bought Daimler-Benz instead of the other way around!

Edited by MyerShift

Then instead of the 300C, they'd have a FWD E-class based on the Concorde...  :lol:

That would rock, wouldn't it?

Actually, the platforms between the two (SLK/Crossfire excepted) are not shared currently. Just similar design. Easy access to parts. Mercedes-Benz's gloating of being all knowing and all superior.

It should be known that LH was engineered to be front- or rear-drive. And, before the merger, Chrysler was going back to rear-drive for its larger cars. They basically would have been Mk. III LH cars.

I honestly feel more good could have come from the purchase being arranged in the opposite manner.

I think I'd rather be stuck with a Hyundai Excel deathtrap than a Toyota.

Edited by MyerShift

if they do id buy used GM. Then to have a new car, since I see no End to the Crown Vic line, I'd buy a Crown Vic. They do Appeal to me. laugh and point but i love V8 Big Cars.

if they do id buy used GM. Then to have a new car, since I see no End to the Crown Vic line, I'd buy a Crown Vic. They do Appeal to me. laugh and point but i love V8 Big Cars.

Get a Mercury Marauder

Posted Image

Edited by zoomtm