Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
the_yellow_dart

Build and Price

7 posts in this topic

Ford Fiesta SES Hatch: C$20,349

Had to go all the way to SES to get what I wanted (namely non-steel rims and cruise control). Really shocking compared to the next entry.

Ford Fusion S: C$19,949

S trim has all I need. Note that I skipped the Focus, I simply don't want a design that old.

Chevy Cobalt LT 1SB: C$20,700

Yeah, the idea of buying another Cobalt is not very exciting. Especially at that price, you'd think it would have come down by now. I can't believe I had to go all the way up to 1SB just to get cruise.

Pontiac G5 SE 1SB: C$19,730

More rebates to be had on this one, but still basically the same story for trim level as above.

Pontiac Vibe 1SC: C$21,755

Have to climb quite high up the model chain here just to get some rims...

Chevy Malibu LT 1SA: C$26,030

It's nice, but a tough sell at that price next to the Fusion.

Honda Fit LX: C$18,275

I would have hoped that this would be cheaper...

Honda Civic DX-G: C$19,975

Surprisingly close in price to the Fit.

Honda Accord EX: C$30,040

That's quite the price jump... and that's more than I'd want to pay.

Nissan Sentra S: C$19,523

That's pretty expensive too, for what it is. I skipped the Versa because I just don't like the design at all.

Nissan Altima 2.5SL: C$27,598

Suzuki SX4 Hatch JX: C$21,690

Subaru Impreza 2.5i 5dr Sport: C$25,595

Subaru Legacy 2.5i Sport: C$27,995

Toyota Corolla S: $24,200

WOW that is expensive...

Toyota Yaris 5-door RS: C$23,556

WTF

VW Golf 5-door Comfortline: C$23,940

I'd give this second-best on the list after the Fusion.

This list is depressing. There are so few that are well-priced that I would actually want. Fusion I think is the clear winner here in terms of price and desirability. Some of the things on this list (Yaris, Sentra, Fit, Civic) are not that desirable to me and would really have to blow me away with a good price to even be considered. They simply aren't priced well for what they are.

Good job Ford. If I need a new car, now I know where I'm going.

Dart, you did yourself a disfavor by not including the Camry and Corolla! Come on give them a fair try.

Ford Fiesta SES Hatch: C$20,349

Had to go all the way to SES to get what I wanted (namely non-steel rims and cruise control). Really shocking compared to the next entry.

Ford Fusion S: C$19,949

S trim has all I need. Note that I skipped the Focus, I simply don't want a design that old.

Chevy Cobalt LT 1SB: C$20,700

Yeah, the idea of buying another Cobalt is not very exciting. Especially at that price, you'd think it would have come down by now. I can't believe I had to go all the way up to 1SB just to get cruise.

Pontiac G5 SE 1SB: C$19,730

More rebates to be had on this one, but still basically the same story for trim level as above.

Pontiac Vibe 1SC: C$21,755

Have to climb quite high up the model chain here just to get some rims...

Chevy Malibu LT 1SA: C$26,030

It's nice, but a tough sell at that price next to the Fusion.

Honda Fit LX: C$18,275

I would have hoped that this would be cheaper...

Honda Civic DX-G: C$19,975

Surprisingly close in price to the Fit.

Honda Accord EX: C$30,040

That's quite the price jump... and that's more than I'd want to pay.

Nissan Sentra S: C$19,523

That's pretty expensive too, for what it is. I skipped the Versa because I just don't like the design at all.

Nissan Altima 2.5SL: C$27,598

Suzuki SX4 Hatch JX: C$21,690

Subaru Impreza 2.5i 5dr Sport: C$25,595

Subaru Legacy 2.5i Sport: C$27,995

Toyota Corolla S: $24,200

WOW that is expensive...

Toyota Yaris 5-door RS: C$23,556

WTF

VW Golf 5-door Comfortline: C$23,940

I'd give this second-best on the list after the Fusion.

This list is depressing. There are so few that are well-priced that I would actually want. Fusion I think is the clear winner here in terms of price and desirability. Some of the things on this list (Yaris, Sentra, Fit, Civic) are not that desirable to me and would really have to blow me away with a good price to even be considered. They simply aren't priced well for what they are.

Good job Ford. If I need a new car, now I know where I'm going.

dealer by my house has new fusion S s on the lot with best price 17,500 stickers on them. stick i am guessing but like you said, its pretty much got all one needs. In my VW golf writeup I plan to use the Fusion S and SE as one of the cars that can be bought for the same money as the Golf.

I know you are likely not leasing but I am finding many automakers are coming out with some really aggressive leasing now again. Including a really cheap deal on Malibus. GM never leased so cheap before. But used car supply is next to nothing and dealers have no way to push product unless they get leasing back in the pipeline.

Its fun to price out cars and you quickly run into weird things like small cheap cars that get pricey....or the whole vast array of midsizers that are actually great deals in lower trim levels.

Have you entertained the idea of a basic level Suzuki Kizashi?

Edited by regfootball

OHHHH... Canadian money. I wonder what the prices are for those exact same cars in US dollars. Most of those prices are shockingly high.

I'm with Regfootball, the Golf and the Fusion are my two choices of the cars you've posted...

the subaru legacy and mazda 6 are shockingly inexpensive in lesser trim levels. the malibu is as well actually. again i only know American dollars. they really stick it to the Canadians up there, don't they?

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Remove formatting

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0