Sign in to follow this  
§carlet §wordfish

Essex

This was a companion to the Laureate I showed a year ago and is actually a little older. The idea is the same, a large car with good gas mileage; the front quarter panels, doors, and door windows are interchangeable with the rear ones to reduce tooling costs. It's supposed to be a less expensive, sportier version, with a greater emphasis on aerodynamics.

I started to make a 3D model of it but I'd like to rework it a bit before I go any further.

MMC_Essex.jpg

Edited by §carlet §wordfish

There have been numerous proposals toward the 'interchangable fenders/doors' idea over time, but IMO they never got close to looking as.... 'professionally designed' as anything that was. It's a VERY tough nut to crack, and I tend to think the only vehicle type the idea has a chance on is a {shudder} Cube-type with very straight lines.

The differentiated windshield/ backlight is a good compromise toward defining the front & rear.

Overall it looks pretty decent in a '90s sort of style.... but I would like to see a rendered/ color version to judge the above better.

I like the idea of swapping the front nose and tail... so people think you're driving backwards!

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

• Who's Online   0 Members, 1 Anonymous, 46 Guests (See full list)

There are no registered users currently online

About us

CheersandGears.com - Founded 2001

We ♥ Cars

Get in touch

Follow us

Recent tweets

facebook

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.