Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
§carlet §wordfish

Essex

3 posts in this topic

This was a companion to the Laureate I showed a year ago and is actually a little older. The idea is the same, a large car with good gas mileage; the front quarter panels, doors, and door windows are interchangeable with the rear ones to reduce tooling costs. It's supposed to be a less expensive, sportier version, with a greater emphasis on aerodynamics.

I started to make a 3D model of it but I'd like to rework it a bit before I go any further.

MMC_Essex.jpg

Edited by §carlet §wordfish

There have been numerous proposals toward the 'interchangable fenders/doors' idea over time, but IMO they never got close to looking as.... 'professionally designed' as anything that was. It's a VERY tough nut to crack, and I tend to think the only vehicle type the idea has a chance on is a {shudder} Cube-type with very straight lines.

The differentiated windshield/ backlight is a good compromise toward defining the front & rear.

Overall it looks pretty decent in a '90s sort of style.... but I would like to see a rendered/ color version to judge the above better.

I like the idea of swapping the front nose and tail... so people think you're driving backwards!

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Remove formatting

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0