This Just In: 2010 Cadillac CTS Sportwagon

This Just In:

2010 Cadillac CTS Sportwagon

gallery_51_12_767986.png

So today I turned in the keyfob for the 2010 Buick Lacrosse CXS and I have an article to write. But how can I write with a new 2010 Cadillac CTS Sportwagon sitting outside? Instead of getting to work, I drove 7 hours from Pittsburgh, PA to Toronto, Ontario through a blizzard in a rear wheel drive car.

This starts the Interactive Review for the 2010 Cadillac CTS Sportwagon. Gear up your questions.

3.0 or 3.6 and what kind of mileage on the highway?

This car just seems so freaking perfect.

Hah! I didn't even bother to look at which engine. I am going to guess that it has the 3.0 because it just doesn't have the urge to run like the Lacrosse 3.6 I just drove had. Then again, I drove the whole way in the snow, so I wasn't in the position to goose it.

I got 24mpg on the way up here, but it might not be the best measure since the driving conditions weren't that good.

Two adults, two kids old enough to not need strollers, no problem.

Four adults for that long, pushing it but doable if people are careful with their packing. Skiing = no, beach trip = yes.

I'm sure Yakima or Thule has roof ski racks that will fit it.

It did fine. Use the manual mode to shift it into 2 for take off and you're fine.

those look like snow tires, can you confirm if those are stock tires?

or at least they look like they have an aggressive outer tread for all seasons if that's what they are.

Edited by regfootball

How quiet is it driving at highway speeds? Having a good deal more interior space than the sedan, one would assume that it's a bit different in the cabin.

Also: Is the rear lift gate one solid door or can you open the glass separately? How well does the lift gate protect you from the elements?

Buffalo, NY

Where specifically? Was that in Cheektowaga or Tonawanda?

Hey Olds, How tall are you?

In regards to one of the other questions posted, the fit and finish is excellent. I test drove an AWD version at the Dougs Northwest Cadillac and Hummer dealership yesterday here in Seattle Washington. It drives great, they had added on the OEM Roof Rack to this one as you need it for skiing. Sadly, if you are over 6 feet tall, NO ONE can sit behind you.

I am 6'6" tall and the seat had to be all the way back, this left a measured 3" of room between the front seat and back seat. No way anyone can sit back there. In regards to 3 adults. If they are all around 5'10" tall and narrow shoulders then yes, you can fit 3 back there. In my family everyone had broad shoulders and so only two people can sit back there.

Love the extra storage capacity in the floor board in the back. Like Olds stated, very good visibility. Surprising for such a large D pillar. This car will be perfect for young families as well as established families as long as no one is long legged and over 6' tall. Otherwise there is NO room for people to sit in the back.

My observation of the back seat is that Cadillac should have had the seat about 3" more back which would have given it proper leg room.

Otherwise, the 3.6 AWD CTS Wagon is great, my test drive included freeway driving and passing and it moved very well. Since OLDS said the RWD handled very well in the snow, I will imagen that the AWD if I had gotten a chance to drive it in snow would have stuck like glue to the road.

Have a safe trip Olds, way to go on the test drive. :smilies-38096:

I passed my exam last night and It's a beautiful, sunny day up here in Toronto eh? Gonna take the CTS out for a spin up to Oshawa.

TED, I left you my number on Facebook. Call me if you want to meet up. I check out of here tomorrow.

those look like snow tires, can you confirm if those are stock tires?

or at least they look like they have an aggressive outer tread for all seasons if that's what they are.

Reg, I stand corrected. While I was out today I took note and they are in fact Bridgestone Blizzaks. No wonder I'm driving through the blizzard thinking everyone else was just being a drama queen.

Hey Olds, How tall are you?

In regards to one of the other questions posted, the fit and finish is excellent. I test drove an AWD version at the Dougs Northwest Cadillac and Hummer dealership yesterday here in Seattle Washington. It drives great, they had added on the OEM Roof Rack to this one as you need it for skiing. Sadly, if you are over 6 feet tall, NO ONE can sit behind you.

I am 6'6" tall and the seat had to be all the way back, this left a measured 3" of room between the front seat and back seat. No way anyone can sit back there. In regards to 3 adults. If they are all around 5'10" tall and narrow shoulders then yes, you can fit 3 back there. In my family everyone had broad shoulders and so only two people can sit back there.

Love the extra storage capacity in the floor board in the back. Like Olds stated, very good visibility. Surprising for such a large D pillar. This car will be perfect for young families as well as established families as long as no one is long legged and over 6' tall. Otherwise there is NO room for people to sit in the back.

My observation of the back seat is that Cadillac should have had the seat about 3" more back which would have given it proper leg room.

Otherwise, the 3.6 AWD CTS Wagon is great, my test drive included freeway driving and passing and it moved very well. Since OLDS said the RWD handled very well in the snow, I will imagen that the AWD if I had gotten a chance to drive it in snow would have stuck like glue to the road.

Have a safe trip Olds, way to go on the test drive. :smilies-38096:

I'm 5'10". I pushed the seat all the way back and confirmed that at it's most rearward setting, there is only 3 inches left. However, even with my legs stretched straight out towards the pedals, I had about 10 inches to go before I'd even touch them. When the seat is adjusted for me (and I am the physical mean in terms of height in the U.S.), there is plenty of room in the back. People 6'6", yeah, I could see where you'd have issues. I'm guessing you'd have the same issue in the 5-series or E-class.

The acceleration of the CTS wagon is very brisk though it will almost always downshift twice to give you the speed you want. The CTS feels lighter and more delicate than the Lacrosse I just had. If I were to relate both cars in terms of heft and acceleration to a European model, the Lacrosse would feel like a 7/8s S-class. Cadillac is clearly trying to make the CTS feel C-class like while delivering the size of an E-class.

Reg, I stand corrected. While I was out today I took note and they are in fact Bridgestone Blizzaks. No wonder I'm driving through the blizzard thinking everyone else was just being a drama queen.

i could tell from the pictures it looked like a pretty aggressive winter tread. you could see all the biting edges and siping on the outside edges of the tire that normally do not look that agressive on typical all seasons.

After doing the blizzaks on RWD thing myself before, you can spot winter tires from a mile away on a snowy day.

in this case, a thousand or more miles, courtesy of a digital photo.

Edited by regfootball

I'm 5'10". I pushed the seat all the way back and confirmed that at it's most rearward setting, there is only 3 inches left. However, even with my legs stretched straight out towards the pedals, I had about 10 inches to go before I'd even touch them. When the seat is adjusted for me (and I am the physical mean in terms of height in the U.S.), there is plenty of room in the back. People 6'6", yeah, I could see where you'd have issues. I'm guessing you'd have the same issue in the 5-series or E-class.

The acceleration of the CTS wagon is very brisk though it will almost always downshift twice to give you the speed you want. The CTS feels lighter and more delicate than the Lacrosse I just had. If I were to relate both cars in terms of heft and acceleration to a European model, the Lacrosse would feel like a 7/8s S-class. Cadillac is clearly trying to make the CTS feel C-class like while delivering the size of an E-class.

I'm 6'11" tall and the CTS is one my favorite cars because I can actually fit in it reasonably. Keep in mind that there isn't a car made that gives my elongated limbs proper comfort, but the CTS is one of the best out there. The new Lacrosse is also pretty nice too, and the Lacrosse has the added advantage of more rear seat legroom when the seat is pushed back all the way. But it doesn't have the rear wheel drive fun factor of the CTS.

The CTS Sportwagon is something I've considered but the budget isn't there right now. Until then, my 2005 SRX will have to do. :)