Choose a Car, People...

NOS2006

Choose ONE VEHICLE on the market today IN YOUR PRICE RANGE that you would buy if your main vehicle broke down tomorrow.

I'd have to say Cobalt SS SC in black.

I love the car, really. I used to hate the Cobalt, but the coupe made it look a little better. Still, I wouldn't want to own one. But the SS SC? Damnnn is it nice!

I'd get another Cobalt, without blinking. I'd probably splurge for the 2.4L SS though. Second place goes to the G6 GTP coupe in electric blue.

Coincidentally, tonight I drove a white '06 Cobalt SS 2.4L 5 speed, with XM, sunroof, leather and Pioneer stereo.

My payments would be $15 more a month than the truck with $0 down, with my employee price break.

Should I do it... I just don't know. I want to at least wait to see the GMT900 Silverado before I commit.

It's a sweet car to drive, for damn sure.

Well, I would never buy brand new, that's for sure. If my car broke down though, I would look into any of these...

Another e39 540 6-speed (or an e39 M5 if I get lucky enough to find one cheap enough)

E46 330ci or if I could pull it off, possibly an M3, or if I feel going extreme, maybe an E36 M3 and tracking it.

05 GTO

350Z track

03 Z06 or C6 if I am really really lucky

Until GM decides to build cars that don't suck anymore, I'd have to go hunting for a nice Dark Cherry Metallic '94-'96 Buick Roadmaster Estate wagon, or another last-generation Riviera. But since this isn't a hypothetical for me, with my Riviera blowing a head gasket on the 2nd, my 1979 Cadillac Coupe DeVille has been pulled out of storage and put on the road for the time being until I can fix it. :o

Assuming I were going w/ a new car, I want to say a G6 GTP coupe, but that might be a little out of my range, even my imaginary range. :AH-HA_wink: I might settle for a lower-level G6 coupe, since it sorta fills the spiritual shoes of the GP coupe.

Cobalt SS would be a nice choice too.

New: Charger 3.5

Used: Any 1994-1996 B-body... esp. a Fleetwood

Hmmm....well, don't know that I'd buy brand new....

But, I'd either go for:

2006 Dodge Charger

Or an older car such as...

'86-'88 MC LS

'87ish Caprice Classic

'77ish Caprice Classic

'87 Olds Cutlass Supreme

etc.

Cort, "Mr MC" / "Mr Road Trip", 32swm/pig valve/pacemaker

MC:family.IL.guide.future = http://www.chevyasylum.com/cort/

Models.HO = http://www.chevyasylum.com/cort/trainroom.html

What's it like to buy your favorite car brand new? Wish I knew...

hmmm.

Id rent a Ford tarus and fix my car most likely. but,

A used Metro!

But really mostly either a GP GXP or live on Bush Beans for the rest of the year and get a CTS-V.

Used '04 GTO.

BTW, my car didn't break down (and I don't mean to hijack the thread), but I'm picking up an '04 GTO on Friday  B)  :D

Aw man ! COOL ! good choice, I rarely consider that one. I look forward to hearing about how it all goes.

I have too many cars so I dont really fit the criteria for this one. I think for new, considering the abundance of family sedans I already have I would pick the Solstice. Id look into the G6 GTP, GP GXP, GTO (now that I think about it) and Solstice but I believe the Solstice would win out due to fun factor and "new" release.

About 0.04 seconds ago I said to Marcia:

Would you consider a GTO to replace the STS with?

The verdict:

"Yes... as long as getting the baby in and out of the backseat would not break my back." Between the Lupus and her back problems a coupe is very questionable for her daily driver. Sad but true. This is why we have given some thought to a brand new 3.5L Charger.

Edited by Sixty8panther

Used Saab 9-5 / 9-5 Aero Wagon...

if I were to stray from Saab, I'd love the new HHR LT and eventualy retrofit the new Solstice GXP's Turbo hardware or entire powertrain if it differs extensively...... However, the luxury and ride aspect is no comparison between the 2......

I also like the Volvo v-50 wagon..... I dont know if I could afford even a used one though as they are quite new