Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
NewsFeeder

MyFord Touch proves that the shape of things to come is awesome

14 posts in this topic

Filed under: CES, Technology

11_myfordtouch_01_hr_opt.jpg
MyFord Touch - Click above for high-res image gallery

Ford began its MyFord Touch presentation with a simple question: "People line up for iPhones - why not cars?" What is it about certain pieces of technology that makes them a "must have"? And since the iPhone is really just a merger of two things we already have (a cell phone and PC), is it possible to blend something into a car that will get 'em lining up around the block? Quite obviously, Ford's hoping the answer is yes.

MyFord Touch - and if you buy a Lincoln, MyLincoln Touch - is a piece of driver connect technology like SYNC, only much more advanced. In fact, you can think of MyFord as SYNC 2.0. Or, you could, if not for the fact that there already is a SYNC 2.0. Regardless, in-car technology can do myriad of things these days, and Ford thinks it's found a way to group and display all of a vehicle's functionality in a logical, intuitive and useful way. Sadly, Ford is internally calling this "simplexity," as in making the complex simple. Or, as we wrote in our notes, "barf." Thankfully, the public will know it as MyFord Touch.

Continue reading MyFord Touch proves that the shape of things to come is awesome

MyFord Touch proves that the shape of things to come is awesome originally appeared on Autoblog on Thu, 07 Jan 2010 00:01:00 EST. Please see our terms for use of feeds.

Permalink | Email this | Comments

di
di

autoblog?i=X6SZlth0fD0:SH61wrTbeNY:wF9xT autoblog?i=X6SZlth0fD0:SH61wrTbeNY:V_sGL
X6SZlth0fD0

View the full article

really like this advanced user interface and the radio and center stack and steering wheel is a MAJOR upgrade for the MKX. thing is, this should filter through the rest of the Ford lineup pretty quickly as well.

That's probably why it's called MyFord Touch and MyLincoln Touch (what about mercury?). Really slick look system, love the interior designs as well,e specially the Lincoln's?

11_myfordtouch_01_hr.jpg

11_myford_sony_02_dashboard_hr.jpg

11_mylinctouch_03_dashboard.jpg

11_mylinctouch_10_dashboard_hr.jpg

11_myfordtouch_14_instrument_cluster_hr.jpg

11_myfordtouch_13_leftside_display_tachometer_hr.jpg

11_myfordtouch_22_ambientlighting_browser.jpg

11_myfordtouch_21_siriusxm_screen_hr.jpg

11_myfordtouch_17_phone_screen.jpg

I just realized that those are the new MKX and Edge interiors! Awesome! :w00t:

The new Edge interior is reminiscent of the Austrialian sedan interior (falcon?) the improvements are HUGE.

Add two ecoboost engines and that the Edge is poised to strike back with huge sales gains.

Edited by regfootball

what does everyone think of the 'virtual tachometer'?

Depends on how accurate & readable it is.

what does everyone think of the 'virtual tachometer'?

I think it looks great, plus it can be toggled on an off to make way for other things in teh same space rather than having to use up more dedicated space for different things.

Depends on how accurate & readable it is.

Probably very, as it would work the same as (because it is) digital instruments that an increasing amount of cars have. And considering race cars use digital instruments, they're probably pretty accurate and depenable. ;)

the fit and finish and gaps of these interiors are questionable. well, the lincoln anyways.

Wow, it's about time Ford hired a interior designer who doesn't use a t-square for all of their work. These are much nicer looking than the last several versions I've seen on the roads...

Very Nice, if this is to be on all Lincolns then I will probably go out and take a serious look at them.

Nice, the interiors look like a major step forward and the technology should get people talking about Ford.

Ford is on a roll here. They're introducing new technology on each vehicle they debut, making even MCEs press worthy. And I like how they're marketing and branding MyFord Touch as one coherent product... it's a clear competitive advantage that's easy for the customer to understand. It's not just another 40-gig navigation system with SD slot compatibility, etc.

It's time the automobile catches up with the revolution that has been taking place with mobile phones and the like..

Edited by pow

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Remove formatting

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0