Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
NINETY EIGHT REGENCY

The Chevy Aveo RS Concept Is Surprisingly Hot

27 posts in this topic

The Chevy Aveo RS Concept Is Surprisingly Hot

While the embargo's just a few hours away, a few shots of a surprisingly attractive Chevy Aveo RS show car have leaked their way onto the internet. Click through to see them in all their surprising glory.

We'll have more details on the concept set to debut at the Detroit Auto Show later tonight, but for the moment these grainy shots show a much more attractive car than what we ever expected to see out of the Aveo. We approve. [via CarSpyShots]

http://jalopnik.com/5443124/the-chevy-aveo-rs-concept-is-surprisingly-hot/gallery/

No, thats not the Aveo, the Aveo is supposed to look like a dog turd on wheels, I know this because a few C&Gers who hate anything that isn't RWD with a giant V8 told me so.

Not bad, but it'll be blandified for production. Not a huge fan of the gauges.

No, thats not the Aveo, the Aveo is supposed to look like a dog turd on wheels, I know this because a few C&Gers who hate anything that isn't RWD with a giant V8 told me so.

Not bad, but it'll be blandified for production. Not a huge fan of the gauges.

Yeah, the one problem I have with this is simple - it's a concept. GM has tried & true methods it faithfully utilizes to wring all the appeal out of their small car concepts when making changes for production models.

It looks... angry

79021202f0682c03cbb08734d70ce2de.jpg

The angry Pikachu look seems to have worked with the Mitsubishi Lancer though, so maybe they're onto something here.

Edited by JamesBond
had to take out the image

Looks good, but there needs to be more bottom bumper and less bottom grill.

Yeah, the one problem I have with this is simple - it's a concept. GM has tried & true methods it faithfully utilizes to wring all the appeal out of their small car concepts when making changes for production models.

Recently, GM has had a pretty good track record of staying true to its concepts. So who knows.

Not my thing, of course, but leaps and bounds better than any previous Aveo.

Recently, GM has had a pretty good track record of staying true to its concepts. So who knows.

The general rule of late is the concepts have been 90% production. Lets face it the Camaro and the CTS coupes left little on the table from concept to production> This is a Lutz trademark. I suyspect the LEFD lights will go and the wheels may loose an inch. But I would not bet against Brembo's and still plenty real world big sticky tires on the up scale eddition.

I like this car it make the Fiat 500 look a little feminine like a Beetle. I think no Bud vase will be needed in this car. In fact it look cooler than the new Ford.

Like Camino it is not my class but I would be happy to see this as a Chevy.

Not my thing, of course, but leaps and bounds better than any previous Aveo.

+1

Actually, I think the previous two Aveos, which actually were dog turds on wheels, may have told you that.

Looks better than the Spark...

Looks better than the Spark...

That's some faint praise right there.

Definitely a familial resemblance to it's little brother the Spark.. both look like angry Pokemon or hamsters.

Be interesting to see how the NG Aveo stacks up against the Fiesta, Fit, Versa, etc...

Edited by Cubical-aka-Moltar

Ugly inside and out, just as bad as the current model. Perhaps it looks so angry because no one wants it, and it is jealous of the Fiesta, Accent and Fit.

This is as good as it can look, with those nice rims and whatnot. Will potential customers be as happy once they see the production version?

Ugly inside and out, just as bad as the current model. Perhaps it looks so angry because no one wants it, and it is jealous of the Fiesta, Accent and Fit.

ugly....err..."funky" is apparently a requirement for joining this segment. None of the cars you mentioned are beauty queens either. I won't buy it, but it should serve its intended customer base just fine.

I think it looks pretty good. I see some influence from the old WTCC Ultra concept car, which by the way was promised to be a thinly veiled Cruze.

a216743a.jpg

The picture for the front 3/4 looks skittish. The rear 3/4 is not a bad one. Interior makes me feel like the piano black CTS-V in a lite package.

Looks good, but there needs to be more bottom bumper and less bottom grill.

+1

I just can't get past the huge grill...

I'll only say this... I'm surprised.

But, for me, as with the Spark... no coupe, no interest, no sale.

What is up with the rear photo? In that photo, the front wheel appears tipped in at the top.

ugly....err..."funky" is apparently a requirement for joining this segment. None of the cars you mentioned are beauty queens either. I won't buy it, but it should serve its intended customer base just fine.

True.

Which leads me to wonder-is the Aveo really bigger?

I think it looks pretty good. I see some influence from the old WTCC Ultra concept car, which by the way was promised to be a thinly veiled Cruze.

a216743a.jpg

nice! to be honest this is hotter to look at than the melted egg fiesta. at least this has aggression.

The general rule of late is the concepts have been 90% production.

And in small cars, that 10% change has been used to remove 70% of my interest. I'm primarily thinking of the Spark here.

the official pictures are up. this car is impressive, and fresh, even if it's not entirely original, at least it feels unique. as an RS, it will find a lot of support. as a genuine small car, aveo is looking right. the cruze hatch designed by holden also needs to get here.

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Remove formatting

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

• Who's Online (See full list)

There are no registered users currently online

• Who's Chatting

There are no users currently in the chat room