Cars That You Wish....

Cory Wolfe

I wish GM had a compact RWD (w/ optional AWD) luxury/sports sedan with a manual transmission.... something 3-series sized, available in a coupe and convertible also...Cadillac branded or not.

Something like the BMW 6-series.

Something like a BMW 7-series or Merc S-class.

A compact, cheap, fun AWD sports sedan like the WRX or Evo.

A compact FWD 3dr and 5-dr hatchback like the Focus or Mazda 3 (yeah, the Vibe is there, but it's not as cool looking as an Astra 3dr..)

A cheap RWD V8 sports coupe like the Mustang :)

A RWD, V8 mainstream sedans like the Chrysler 300 and Dodge Charger.

A RWD, V8 wagon like the Dodge Magnum.

Edited by moltar

And... since when? I see no S class, SLK class, or 3-series coupe competitors... Do you?

Nevermind. I took the 3er to meant a 3er in general, not just the coupe. Whatever. One thing I will admit is that Mercedes far and away surpasses Cadillac in electronic glitches.

This is a fantasy car that I wish GM had...

2006 oldsmobile alero

epsilon LWB platform

AWD option, 6 speed manual or auto option on all engines

2.4 vvt ecotec with direct injection that makes 190 hp and 190 ftlbs

3.5 shortstar mark 2 with vvt and both direct and inderect injection making 300 hp and 275 ftlbs

HUD display 16 - 18 inch alloy wheels dual chrome exhaust on all v6's available nav and more.

Starting price 18 grand top of the line 30 grand.

Ooh! Look! A Crown Victoria Sport! It's full sized, RWD and it's sporty too! Who could imagine such a combination could exist! If only GM had something that had the same qualities! :o  :angry:  <_<

'Sporty' is an extrodinarily generous term in describing that car. I've actually driven an LX Sport and...yeah.

You know Ford could put together a car far better than that, yet they don't. So you know GM could blow it away when it feels like it. Hell, the Maurauder was blown away by that 7 year-old Impala SS. Plus, the SS looked intimidating. That just looks like its going to the crime scene.

I know. I'm just going through "Full Sized Sporty" withdrawl. The squad cars I have driven are pretty fast and handle pretty well for as big and heavy as they are.

Considering that Ford is still building the CV/etc, I bet GM could cheaply ressurect the B-body chassis/etc (if they didn't scrap the tooling), update the '96 Caprice/Impala body (make it look more 2006 than 1996) and it would sell quite well--to fleets and consumers alike..

i want something to compete with the ridgeline such as a kinda oh i dunno el camino ss kinda mini truck/car?

mini-avalanche?

bel air like the concept.....it would sell like hell man

in response to previous posts a lot of those cars are nice but thinking economically

gm selling cars to compete with a mercedes? you can sell it in the same kinda size and engine but its not gonna compete its just gonna lose money

I'm wiht you on a 200sx/240sx/Silvia style RWD coupe for chup change.... but why does NIssan not even offer this car? WTF.

It this car gets canned the Drifters will riot in Japan.

I think Cadillac needs two cars right now... BADDLY!

1. BIG, Cushy RWD Deville (DTS replacement)

2. A Coupe version of the CTS. Call it ETC or even better: Eldorado

But above all else Chevy and Buick (and Pontiac IMO) need a upper-mid-size or full size RWD sedan. And yes, Fly is correct. If and when this does happen weather it's BOF or not it will spank the Crown Vic like a bad little closet monkey.

I'm wiht you on a 200sx/240sx/Silvia style RWD coupe for chup change.... but why does NIssan not even offer this car? WTF.

They don't want competition for the G35/Skyline coupe... though the current Japanese-market Silvia would be neat to have here.

Posted Image

Not so much the styling or the FWD, but something that drives and handles like it, in a tidy little package.

Posted Image

Hopefully the rumors about a Hummer competitor are true.

An excellent minivan and family sedan

Minivan: got GM there...

Family Sedan: As much as I hate the dozen or so FWD &#036;h&#33;boxes GM is turning out by the thousands they do excell in the "family sedan" segment.

The Impala, 2000-05 and the new '06 is a great car for the money EXCEPT for the fact that it's FWD. BUt to the typicel American consumer that's not the end of the world. The Cobalt is a great car for a 2005 Compact and the Malibu is still a nice ride for the money. Lucerne I still think is just a warmed over Aurora no matter the proof to the contrary but that's not the worst thing for the typical Avalon/Acura TL driver... but the Lacrosse seems ot be selling well and making friends. Despite it's horrible name and iffy styling.

Z28:

I love the MINI but it's a one-and-only type niche vehicle.... screw trying to compete in that crowded segment... (Civic Si, PT, Scion)

The Cobalt SS, Solstice and Sky are all the small pocket rocket cars GM needs.

I have never looked at another manufacturers car and wished GM had a car "like it". Thats kinda creepy to me, like a copy cat thing or even falls back on biblical warnings about coveting thy neighbors property. Thats part of the reasoning behind my reaction to some of the interior posts. Id rather look back at GM's great styling history and say "what the heck went wrong". Still and all GM has had greatly styled and performing cars throughout all the decades. There is not a BMW, Acura, Inifinity, Lexus or hun duh toyota, I would prefer to any Buick, Oldsmobile, Pontiac, and some Cadillac and some Chevy's of any givin era. Its about everyone doing their own thing, its about personal identity, sometimes I find all this wanting of others products,which seems to be the status quo (BMW, Lexus) to be an interesting trend coming from generations that have been so focused on individual and personal identity.

I have never looked at another manufacturers car and wished GM had a car "like it". Thats kinda creepy to me, like a copy cat thing or even falls back on biblical warnings about coveting thy neighbors property. Thats part of the reasoning behind my reaction to some of the interior posts. Id rather look back at GM's great styling history and say "what the heck went wrong". Still and all GM has had greatly styled and performing cars throughout all the decades. There is not a BMW, Acura, Inifinity, Lexus or hun duh toyota, I would prefer to any Buick, Oldsmobile, Pontiac, and some Cadillac and some Chevy's of any givin era. Its about everyone doing their own thing, its about personal identity, sometimes I find all this wanting of others products,which seems to be the status quo (BMW, Lexus) to be an interesting trend coming from generations that have been so focused on individual and personal identity.

Razor... you are completely misinterpreting the idea behind this. It's not wanting a copy of another manufacturer's vehicle, it's wanting something similar to it. Example... the Silvia. Why did I post it? Because I want a compact coupe with RWD and a range of 4cyls under the Pontiac brand. Copying? Retro, like what you talked about where it isn't bold, is copying. I'm simply having a want for a certain type of vehicle, not a direct copy of another. I'm am 100% for uniqueness. You know that and guess what... Retro is not that. So you do not want that. You want copied, unoriginal, non unique designs, eh? Well... I don't see why you don't like the Toyota Camry. Same thing, if you ask me, just different inspirations. Discrimination is bad, you know...

Anyways, everyone back on topic, now.

I also wish Pontiac had something like this...

Posted Image

...But I see that is never going to happen.

Z28:

I love the MINI but it's a one-and-only type niche vehicle.... screw trying to compete in that crowded segment... (Civic Si, PT, Scion)

The Cobalt SS, Solstice and Sky are all the small pocket rocket cars GM needs.

They could "just" sell the Astra VXR over here as a Saturn.

Well, there is a new platform, Kappa, Pontiac got the first, I guess it supposedly cant go any further than a roadster but Pontiac got it. RWD, inexpensive, sporty, performance. We're not gonna get everything at once.

As for those Lexus or Infinities, I would happily drive a Aurora, Lucerne or Lacrosse, FWD or not, CTS, GTO.

I didnt misunderstand your idea, but posting a picture of a type of car and saying I wish GM had one of these is strange to me, I was simply saying its something I can not do, I was not critizing. Like an Aston Martin "I wish Buick had one of these" well they cant, its an Aston Martin not a Buick

As for retro...... first read what I said. I said look back and ask what went wrong. Then as far as actual retro (which is a broad perversion), for the most part the "retro"ish cars (excluding the exotics which are also "retro" inspired)...the retro ish cars are the only bold cars on the market today, the only unique styling

Viper

Corvette

300C

Caddy A&S

some recent concept cars - Camaro

some older concept cars

the last car you posted is giving me a retro 924/RX7 feeling

I know its not the topic but you brought it up, I think a few would gain more appreaciation if they would see the car instead of focusing on whether or not they can throw it into the "retro" catagory. Take the 1984 Fiero, I knew in 84 that it was a throw back to 73 X1/9 and many other early 70's mid engined cars but we never threw up the retro flag, we just said "its about time GM put an affordable mid engined sports car to market" The Solstice is retro roadster, so was Miata, Boxter, S2000 & that BMW, those of us older dudes said "its about time we got back to the good stuff"

thats what Im mean by looking back, face it, alot of the past 15 years of styling is not real inspiring, not all of it but alot of it. That was never said about most of what was going on in the 60's early 70's when things were really exciting.

I just wish once instead of haveing the kneejerk reaction of getting pissed off at me someone would take the time to think about what Im trying to say.

This is bold

I wish Ford had one of these

Posted ImagePosted Image

I wish Cadillac had one of these

Posted Image

I wish Chevy had one of these

Posted Image

I wish Buick had one of these

Posted ImagePosted Image

Meh... You and your long posts. The only way to easily respond is to edit into it... :P

Well, there is a new platform, Kappa, Pontiac got the first, I guess it supposedly cant go any further than a roadster but Pontiac got it. RWD, inexpensive, sporty, performance. We're not gonna get everything at once.

Exactly, it can't go any further than a 2 seater. Still, this thread wasn't about the likelihood of something actually happening. Read: "I wish".

As for those Lexus or Infinities, I would happily drive a Aurora, Lucerne or Lacrosse, FWD or not, CTS, GTO.

This was for certain brands. Do you understand that? Yes? No? Maybe? Pontiac has no RWD compact sedan/coupe or midsize sedan. "I wish" it didn't. A CTS is not either of those. Neither is an Aurora, Lucerne, Lacrosse, GTO, G6, Grand Prix, etc, etc, etc...

I didnt misunderstand your idea, but posting a picture of a type of car and saying I wish GM had one of these is strange to me, I was simply saying its something I can not do, I was not critizing. Like an Aston Martin "I wish Buick had one of these" well they cant, its an Aston Martin not a Buick

Yes, you are misunderstanding my idea. I want a certain type of vehicle... again, say a compact RWD coupe... So I post a pic of a certain compact RWD coupe. Doesn't matter what it is, but it's a compact RWD coupe. Understand?

As for retro...... first read what I said. I said look back and ask what went wrong. Then as far as actual retro (which is a broad perversion), for the most part the "retro"ish cars (excluding the exotics which are also "retro" inspired)...the retro ish cars are the only bold cars on the market today, the only unique styling

Unique because they copy which doesn't make them unique... I guess the only way to be unique is by not being unique. I would have thought otherwise being that unique designs are superior, yet aren't given a chance because they are unique in that they aren't retro, and therefore not unique. Whatever you say, razor. What-ever-you-say...

Viper

Corvette

300C

Caddy A&S Not retro... we've been over this before and it was even voted on. Remember who lost? Not retro, never was retro, never will be retro. Just accept reality for once...

some recent concept cars - Camaro

some older concept cars

the last car you posted is giving me a retro 924/RX7 feeling

Whatever you say... I see an MR2.

I know its not the topic but you brought it up, I think a few would gain more appreaciation if they would see the car instead of focusing on whether or not they can throw it into the "retro" catagory.

Razor, I do... but retro designs automatically get a thumbs down from me for not being unique or tasteful.

Take the 1984 Fiero, I knew in 84 that it was a throw back to 73 X1/9 and many other early 70's mid engined cars but we never threw up the retro flag, we just said "its about time GM put an affordable mid engined sports car to market"

If the Fiero was retro, which it isn't, you mean...

The Solstice is retro roadster, so was Miata, Boxter, S2000 & that BMW, those of us older dudes said "its about time we got back to the good stuff"

Solstice is just the slightest bit retro and the Sky looks better, regardless. Miata... not retro unless being a roadster automatically makes it retro. Boxster is retro in that all Porsches are retro (and are finer examples of such, unlike most retro crap). S2000 is as well, that's a given. Same with the Z8. You point is? That age automatically makes you superior and able to see which cars are retro and not unique? Sounds like it...

thats what Im mean by looking back, face it, alot of the past 15 years of styling is not real inspiring, not all of it but alot of it. That was never said about most of what was going on in the 60's early 70's when things were really exciting.

That has nothing to do with anything. This is not the 60s, 70s, 80s, or 90s. There is no need to copy any decade. The only thing needed is to be unique and stop copying so damn much. Since it is just a stupid fad... someday, the nonsense will stop.

I just wish once instead of haveing the kneejerk reaction of getting pissed off at me someone would take the time to think about what Im trying to say.

Razor... I thought about what you had to say. It proved nothing and repeats the same thing. I have learned nothing and haven't changed my opinion. Your post was a waste and, since you even said yourself that you cannot do what this thread was about, it was not needed. Now, my question to you is... Do you understand? I take it not since you never do...

It's not so much a BOF vs. Unibody argument as it is a decent full sized car argument. Some old folks and wanna-be pimps such as myself can't afford a DTS or Lucerne. Make it big, make it easy to hot rod, make it inexpensive, make it RWD and I may just buy one instead of a Camaro.

Grip a 300 or Charger and call it a day.

No I dont understand your problem, you are just being nasty because ? My points are valid as they always have been.

Look, you said at the beginning that you cannot do what this thread is about. Yet you post anyways. If you "cannot" do what I intended, then don't post. What is so hard to understand about that? I didn't ask you to misinterpret the idea and have to post about it. I asked for you to post pictures or tell about a type of vehicle, that GM currently does not make, that you wish they did. What is so f@#king hard to understand? If you can't grasp the general idea I had in mind for this thread, then don't f@#king post. Now, do you understand? Damn... sometimes I seriously question your age...

Look, you said at the beginning that you cannot do what this thread is about. Yet you post anyways. If you "cannot" do what I intended, then don't post. What is so hard to understand about that? I didn't ask you to misinterpret the idea and have to post about it. I asked for you to post pictures or tell about a type of vehicle, that GM currently does not make, that you wish they did. What is so f@#king hard to understand? If you can't grasp the general idea I had in mind for this thread, then don't f@#king post. Now, do you understand? Damn... sometimes I seriously question your age...

:lol: and your age can never be questioned

topic : Cars That You Wish....

responce : "I have never looked at another manufacturers car and wished GM had a car "like it". Thats kinda creepy to me, like a copy cat thing or even falls back on biblical warnings about coveting thy neighbors property. Thats part of the reasoning behind my reaction to some of the interior posts. Id rather look back at GM's great styling history and say "what the heck went wrong". Still and all GM has had greatly styled and performing cars throughout all the decades. There is not a BMW, Acura, Inifinity, Lexus or hun duh toyota, I would prefer to any Buick, Oldsmobile, Pontiac, and some Cadillac and some Chevy's of any givin era. Its about everyone doing their own thing, its about personal identity, sometimes I find all this wanting of others products,which seems to be the status quo (BMW, Lexus) to be an interesting trend coming from generations that have been so focused on individual and personal identity. "

so whats the prob ?

:lol: and your age can never be questioned

I'm 17. Would you think I'm any older? Didn't think so. So... yeah, my age cannot be questioned unless your idea of the average 17 year old is pretty high. Going from your general blabber, your idea seems pretty damn low as it is... What you just said is another example of it. So...?

topic :  Cars That You Wish....

responce : "I have never looked at another manufacturers car and wished GM had a car "like it". Thats kinda creepy to me, like a copy cat thing or even falls back on biblical warnings about coveting thy neighbors property. Thats part of the reasoning behind my reaction to some of the interior posts. Id rather look back at GM's great styling history and say "what the heck went wrong". Still and all GM has had greatly styled and performing cars throughout all the decades. There is not a BMW, Acura, Inifinity, Lexus or hun duh toyota, I would prefer to any Buick, Oldsmobile, Pontiac, and some Cadillac and some Chevy's of any givin era. Its about everyone doing their own thing, its about personal identity, sometimes I find all this wanting of others products,which seems to be the status quo (BMW, Lexus) to be an interesting trend coming from generations that have been so focused on individual and personal identity. "

so whats the prob ?

Exactly that. Your post clearly shows that you can't do what I asked and completely misunderstood anything I said. I.E... You had no reason to post as you could not add to the discussion. You could only detract and be the stubborn person you always are. If you were to post pics/tell about a certain type of vehicle that GM currently doesn't make, but wish they did... Guess what, there wouldn't be a problem. You couldn't do that, obviously, so there is. Now do you understand or do I have to keep saying it over and over and over again until you do?

Damn, Razor... You are so f@#king hard to talk to. I'm not the only one that thinks so... let me guess, must be my age, right? :rolleyes:

Edited by blackviper8891

I DON'T KNOW WHAT WE'RE YELLING ABOUT!

Posted Image

LOUD NOISES!

really, the topic title was

Cars That You Wish....

nothing about asking to post pictures, which I did. I dont look at other manufacturers car and wish GM had anything like them.....nothing wrong with that or explaining that in a responce, a very valid point actually. In their own way others had a similar view.

Alright... I apologize, confirming that my mom has been talking to another guy and having arguements with her for other reasons has put me in a bad mood lately. As you can see... I overreact when I'm in a bad mood. Sorry, Razor.

I just wanted people to post pics/tell about a certain type of vehicle that they wish GM had. If you had atleast done what you did in your second post, I might not have had a problem. I wasn't against posting pics of GM vehicles, being no longer made or in the form of a concept, that you wish GM made. I was just annoyed that you had to explain how you can't look at a non-GM vehicle and wish GM had something like it. Again, that really wasn't what I meant. I just meant the type of vehicle.... like that compact RWD Pontiac coupe. That and from a competing viewpoint, for GM to have vehicle to compete with a certain non GM vehicle. Like wanting a Mustang competitor by saying or posting a picture. It wasn't about wishing that car was a GM suddenly or GM had an exact copy of it. Now, do you understand?

You just seemed to totally misinterpret what I meant and then mock it. That's how I felt... and, well... you caught me on a bad day (technically a bad series of days or perhaps weeks...). :P

Edited by blackviper8891

It's not so much a BOF vs. Unibody argument as it is a decent full sized car argument. Some old folks and wanna-be pimps such as myself can't afford a DTS or Lucerne. Make it big, make it easy to hot rod, make it inexpensive, make it RWD and I may just buy one instead of a Camaro.

Again, its not some hatred for BOF cars (I could care less), but the simple fact that I think the Panther trio suck as cars because they are so old, outdated, and offer little besides a cheap price (aided by how old they are). And if they happen to be BOF, so be it. I'd say the same if they were unibody. There's something wrong when a Chevy Aveo can be had with more speakers than a base Grand Marquis.