2010 NAIAS Live posts - Quips as they happen

The Focus presentation was great spunky little car.

2 Million vehicles on new Focus platform by 2012

Five areas of Focus:

Fuel Efficiency

Driving Dynamics

Safety

Technology

Craftsmanship

features 55% stronger high strength steel, will be built in Michigan, Europe and China.

2012 Hybrid and Plug in Hybrid will be produced in MI

First vehicle B/C vehicle under the "OneFord" plan. 10 Vehicles off this platform.

Regal GS has three modes. Normal, Sport, GS. GS mode will send a majority of the torque to the rear wheels.

That's a very good thing. That'll shut a lot of people up.

I've seen the pics of the XTS. I'm going to tell you all right now, give it at least 30 minutes before you draw your conclusions.

Uh oh...Perhaps it's better looking in person...

As for today, it was all about the Focus. I think a lot of the other automakers wanted to hold off on their big products as to not be overshadowed by Ford.

The XTS is a lot more attractive in person, but it's still clearly a concept. The powertrain is a "plug-in-two-mode-hybrid". The interior is just as stunning as everyone says. My photography can't do it justice.

It looks bigger in the press pictures than it is in real life. The press photos make it look DTS sized, but in person it's much closer to the Lacrosse.

gallery_51_16_372893.png

The CTS-V Coupe, as expected, is a stunner.

gallery_51_15_836230.png

Though the spoiler is a bit weird:

gallery_51_15_79399.png

and I could do without the ShamWOW colored "Ultrasuede"

gallery_51_15_404977.png

..and I could do without the ShamWOW colored "Ultrasuede"

At least it adds a bit of color to an otherwise depressing gray interior. One thing I've not liked about the V-series models so far are the grim interiors. They need some color..Cadillac should offer the regular CTS interior color and trim choices (tan leather, wood, etc) as options in the CTS-v.

Edited by Cubical-aka-Moltar

How about a full saddle brown interior, or a very dark red? The yellow is a bit like scrambled eggs.

Ya, something like that would be great..or black w/ baseball glove color leather on the seats and door panels..or black and light buttery tan two tone.

Something other than gray.