Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
NewsFeeder

Detroit 2010: Chrysler Lancia might be a look into the future

28 posts in this topic

Filed under: Concept Cars, Detroit Auto Show, Europe, Crossover, Hatchback, Chrysler, Luxury, Lancia

630lanciadelta.jpg
Chrysler Lancia - Click above for high-res image gallery

You are looking at... well, no one at the Chrysler booth seemed to know exactly what this is. They didn't even have a proper name for it. But that tiny little fact will not be stopping us. You are looking at what they call a Chrysler Lancia, or more correctly, a Chrysler-badged Lanica. Specifically, a Lancia Delta with Pentastar badges. All of which begs the question: what makes a Lancia Delta?

Ah, well, we are happy you asked. On the surface it's a small crossover/tall wagon-type people mover/MPV with some fancy electronic driving aids. But that sells the Delta short, as Lancia's website is loaded with the sort of florid PR language that will warm the cockles of the most jaded car-hack's heart.

Here's a sample, "Luxury that is never flaunted: an originality that avoids useless overstatements, that always preserves elegance." Sounds keen, huh? But wait, there's more, "A concentrate of evolution, a hyperbolic expression of technology." Ooh! Good stuff. Is this car for real? Will there actually be a Chrysler-badged Lancia? Probably, but we just don't know. However, we are certain that Chrysler could really use, "A concentrate of evolution."

Gallery: Chrysler Lancia

chryslerlancia000_thumbnail.jpgchryslerlancia001_thumbnail.jpgchryslerlancia002_thumbnail.jpgchryslerlancia003_thumbnail.jpgchryslerlancia004_thumbnail.jpg

Detroit 2010: Chrysler Lancia might be a look into the future originally appeared on Autoblog on Mon, 11 Jan 2010 08:30:00 EST. Please see our terms for use of feeds.

Permalink | Email this | Comments

di
di

autoblog?i=Za0ZSEYX1OY:4VrBFo62zwI:wF9xT autoblog?i=Za0ZSEYX1OY:4VrBFo62zwI:V_sGL
Za0ZSEYX1OY

View the full article

the rear looks pacifica/..murano? not sure about that.

but overall... pretty turdish.

just noticed... wtf with the 1 "back up light" on it? they not have a clear lens for the drivers side?

Edited by loki

I don't like the styling much as a Lancia and it doesn't look any better with a Chrysler grill.

IMO, Lancias were always kind of the styling turds of the Italian Big 3 brands (Fiat, Lancia, Alfa Romeo).

The styling is not compatible with Chrysler design or American tastes. I don't see this being successful at all.

the rear looks pacifica/..murano? not sure about that.

but overall... pretty turdish.

just noticed... wtf with the 1 "back up light" on it? they not have a clear lens for the drivers side?

That's the rear fog light. Pretty common set up in Europe. The backup lights are the clear part of the taillights, I believe.

Interesting to see a current Italian model badged as a Chrysler...I find it more interesting than the ugly Sebring, IMHO...

It's a decent looking car, it's just not a Chrysler.

I couldn't tell from the pics, how is it badged? As a Chrysler Lancia?

It's a decent looking car, it's just not a Chrysler.

Problem is "decent looking" is not what Chrysler needs right now.

I don't like the styling much as a Lancia and it doesn't look any better with a Chrysler grill.

+1

Looks strange.

IMO, Lancias were always kind of the styling turds of the Italian Big 3 brands (Fiat, Lancia, Alfa Romeo).

The styling is not compatible with Chrysler design or American tastes. I don't see this being successful at all.

to that, which is completely accurate, I would add, 'fugly'....

see, i was not crazy when i said Dodge would be better off rebadging mitsubishi Lancers........

If they badged it as a FIAT in the U.S. and sold it at Chrysler dealers next to the 500, no one in the U.S. would know any different.

It just doesn't fit the name Chrysler.

to that, which is completely accurate, I would add, 'fugly'....

see, i was not crazy when i said Dodge would be better off rebadging mitsubishi Lancers........

The Lancer is just as mediocre as the Avenger and Sebring, isn't it? All 3 are on the same platform, I thought.

The Lancer is a compact car, and no it's better in it's class than the Avenger/Sebring are in their class.

The Lancer is a compact car, and no it's better in it's class than the Avenger/Sebring are in their class.

Ah..Galant is what I was thinking of.

Do it!

I think the styling looks fine as a Chrysler in the context of the 200.

Way too odd for a Chrysler unless you count model year '61.:blink:

lancer is mid pack. Caped Avenger and Sebring are bottom feeders. Lancer also has evo to round the product out.

though it'll be a hard concept for america to swallow, what with it's more wagon-like proportions, there's no chrysler more stylish than this.

it doesn't fit chrysler, and isn't that the right note to hit, since nothing chrysler does connects in anyway with the public [aside from years ago with the 300, or dodge with the ram].

200C would have been epic win, if this is what they propose in its stead then maybe someone should examine Fiat's motives for investing in Chrysler. I really liked the new Delta when it came out and I still do. Would like to see it for sale here even if as a Chrysler. Even so this can't simply replace the Sebring.

Also @ Moltar- the Lancer is legendarily horrible in my experience with a rental 2009 unit recently. I wanted to wear a paper bag on my head for its ugly styling and lackluster build quality/tinny feel.

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Remove formatting

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0