Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
NewsFeeder

Detroit 2010: Mercedes-Benz sculpture is the future of the CLS, Terminator 2 style

1 post in this topic

Filed under: Concept Cars, Detroit Auto Show, Coupe, Sedan, Mercedes-Benz, Luxury

01-mercedes-benz-design-10-detroit-630op
Mercedes-Benz Sculpture - Click above for high-res image gallery

The first concept to be officially unveiled at the Detroit Auto Show is this, a sculpture by Mercedes-Benz that foretells the future of its vehicles - and specifically the CLS.

From the SLS AMG-inspired fascia to the overly blistered fenders clearly inspired by the recent E-Class coupe, the T2-style sculpture features two signature lines that are set to infect the rest of the Mercedes line-up in the near future.

According to officials, this stylistic exercise represents M-B's transition from its traditional wedge shape to a new, edgy art-deco design inspired by the '30s. Aesthetic fripperies aside, this is the future of the CLS, which we expect to see in full concept form later this year.

Detroit 2010: Mercedes-Benz sculpture is the future of the CLS, Terminator 2 style originally appeared on Autoblog on Mon, 11 Jan 2010 08:28:00 EST. Please see our terms for use of feeds.

Permalink | Email this | Comments

di
di

autoblog?i=MHkkWwO8Ak8:F3hons3I5qU:wF9xT autoblog?i=MHkkWwO8Ak8:F3hons3I5qU:V_sGL
MHkkWwO8Ak8

View the full article

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Remove formatting

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0