Would you buy a V8 car?

Would you buy a V8 passenger car (not SUV/truck)?  

51 members have voted

1. 1. Would you buy a V8 passenger car (not SUV/truck)?

• Yes, in the Camaro or similar.
    • No.
    • Yes, but only in something large like a Magnum.

Yupper Mr. Mutie Cutie Patootie... with a style that is unassuming, but all Chevrolet, it can be a chameleon, a clean slate... it can be anything its owner chooses. I choose to make it with healthy smallblock power and a corner carver suspension.

:)

Yupper Mr. Mutie Cutie Patootie... with a style that is unassuming, but all Chevrolet, it can be a chameleon, a clean slate... it can be anything its owner chooses.  I choose to make it with healthy smallblock power and a corner carver suspension.

:)

huh?

i was just saying i like that car

Hell yes, most definitely I would buy a V8 I couldn't afford a V8 powered car when I bought my Grand Am or my Impala, but my next ride WILL have a V8 and be rwd. My wife wants a Magnum with the Hemi (I'm trying to talk her out of it and wait but she's pretty dead set) Me I want a RWD Impala or a Camaro, I don't care about hauling the kids around, I want to make long black marks on pavement and listen to those pipes roar.

well, you can't argue with a BMW I6...

...oh wait...yea...you can...just look at my sig :P

Yes, BMW I-6s (esp. the M variants) are my favorite engines. Second favorite engine is probably the good old Ford 5.0 V8 (I have one of each).

I do want to have a BMW V8 eventually, though...maybe a previous-gen M5 or 540i.

Edited by moltar

We don't have the phone company out here in New England. To me SBC means a 1955-up V8 of 265-400 cubic inches. Small Blcok Chevy. :)

WMJ:

Yes I think about 3 million people and another 5 million cops are waiting & hoping for a new RWD Impala SS. Too bad GM would rather mount the engine sideways and call it a day. So sad to see a car with so much potential have rear tires that go to waste. They hold up the ass of tha car but that's about it.

Ocnblu:

Absolutely. A RWD midsize car for the Masses? Now there's an idea! See bold above.

I have owned over 50 vehicles so far, and only a very few were not V8s.

I like torque more than horsepower and don't care for high-revving 4s and 6s. I enjoy power down low and right away- off the line. I love performance and am not willing to wait for the smaller engines to spool-up. I guess I just prefer thunder to buzz.

Also, I am not really a fan of small cars- and big cars require v8 power.

All this hoopla about the Camaro got me thinking - it's not that I don't like the Camaro, I just don't like muscle cars in general when it comes to my purchasing decisions. If I had to tow a trailer or boat, sure, a V8 makes sense. But, would you buy a V8 just for the speed and torque?

This truly shows the age difference on this forum. I grew up driving beaters all with V8s. My generation all picked up 500.00 cars that were from the late 60s and 70s. They all usually came with a minimum of a 350CID V8. Most had bigger. My 74 Toronado had a 455, 70 LeMans 350, 69 Camaro 396, 74 GP 428 (not stock), 71 Catalina 455, 71 Olds 98 455, 69 Firebird 350, 66 Tempest 326, 66 LeMans 428 (from 74 GP), 73 Cutlass 350, and 68 Olds Delmont88 350!

Only when the 80s forced me into underpowered crapboxes did I drive V6s. I still managed to buy a still underpowered but at least a V8 86 GP with a 305. I yanked the 305 and built a Chevy 350 and put that in.

Until there are no V8s available I will always choose to drive one. I am the type of guy who floors it from every stop, and I prefer smoke to squeal!!!!