28 posts in this topic

What I did:

1. Gave it the RWD proportions with a steeper windshield

2. Raked the rear window more

3. Sharpened up the taillights

4. Tried to fix the rear end

5. Modified door handles

Conclusion:

I think the rear end is way too soft for this car. They did a good job with the front end, I made the greenhouse where I feel it should be, and there's no saving the rear end with how overly soft they went with that huge rear overhang. I didn't want to shorten the trunk too much though since the car needs trunk space. The only way to really fix it is to push the rear wheel back a bit, play with the line running down the car, and maybe shorten the tail a bit more. But, again, I didn't want to make it too short and take away storage space.

post-177-1263406901255.jpg

Not really feeling it.

Looks too... Buick or something.

The car needs the extra length to be what it needs to be.

JMHO

I agree. Unless I were to neglect the fact that they need trunk space, I can't make it look good... :\

I think DF made it look just about as good as it can - given the platform it rides on.

And that, is where the problem is.

This chop looks much better then the pictures I've seen of the actual car. The modifications to the green house make a huge improvement and the slop of the windshield makes the front end seem less blunt.

I think DF made it look just about as good as it can - given the platform it rides on.

And that, is where the problem is.

Well remember Camino, if you look at my comparisons, the finished car's dimensions line up very, very close with those of the Zeta car.

Just because I like to compare...

post-177-1263406901255.jpg

XTSChop2.jpg

NOS, I like what you dd with the car but feel the teh greenhouse is too short, like the car needs some length between the A and B-pillar to make it feel more balanced.

The simple fact is, this design cannot truly blossom on a FWD platform.

I wish I could see yours, DF. Image upload sites are blocked for me..

I keep forgetting about the upload feature, how's this NOS?

post-1757-12634102310168.jpg

Ahh much better, thank you.

I can see what you're saying with my greenhouse being too short. I can fix that once I get some more time... I'll also attempt to fix the rear styling as well while I'm at it.

I do think that the hood on yours is too short, but maybe that's just me. I just think the original greenhouse is too much like a 300M/Intrepid and not enough like a Cadillac.

Ahh much better, thank you.

I can see what you're saying with my greenhouse being too short. I can fix that once I get some more time... I'll also attempt to fix the rear styling as well while I'm at it.

I do think that the hood on yours is too short, but maybe that's just me. I just think the original greenhouse is too much like a 300M/Intrepid and not enough like a Cadillac.

I agree that the original car has too short of a nose and is too Cab-Forward. I lengthened mine to match the Caprice.

post-1757-12634107561224.jpg

Looking forward to yours as the more upright geeenhouse you've given it is interesting and with some length should look really good.

I still think the Caprice's greenhouse suffers from using an oval template too, but the dimensions do help. Nice comparison with that.

Is the Caprice greenhouse taller than that of your chopped XTS?

NOS, my eyes just got to the excalibur rake on the front windshield.

I'm enjoying this discussion.

This whole exercise makes me more sure than ever that this car should ride on Zeta - it's a natural.

lol I'm really going to be disgusted by the car after all these visual modifications when I see it at the show tomorrow...

I keep hoping that GM has a "ZTS" stashed somewhere as a backup plan.

haha Camino...

And JamesBond.. this is what I'm going for, with about half the engine:

Cadillac-Sixteen-Concept-Side-1280x960.jpg

The simple fact is, this design cannot truly blossom on a FWD platform.

:yes: and that's what's so appealing in DF's chop: it demonstrates that an Art & Science design works extremely well on top of Zeta, IMHO much better than on top of Epsilon2!

Sorry, I'm not digging it. The greenhouse is too small and the shape reminds me of the GT-R.

I think the shape of the XTS's roofline is fine; it's very similar to the CTS. The overall proportions of the car are what need work.

I am making this as an official XTS chop contest. Anybody else wants to give it a try?

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Remove formatting

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0