Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
NINETY EIGHT REGENCY

The El Camino Is Back... Again

30 posts in this topic

PickupTrucks.com reports this morning that Mark Reuss, General Motors' newly installed president of GM North America, says the Holden VE Ute may still come to the U.S. If it does, it could wear the famed Chevrolet El Camino badge.

Reuss knows the Holden VE Ute intimately. He was the president of GM's Australian division at the time the company developed its U.S. export program. Reuss further indicated he wasn't convinced that the original plan to bring the Ute into the U.S. as a Pontiac, to be sold alongside the VE-based G8 sedan, was the best solution. He's not the only senior executive at GM who feels this way, or has voiced that opinion.

This comes a year after GM killed their last chance at bringing over an El Camino-like ute from the Holden brand that could have been named the "El Camino" — the Pontiac G8 ST. So pardon us if we're a little gun-shy in fully believing that this'll ever come to fruition — we've just been let down so many times by GM over the past couple years. [PickupTrucks.com]

link:

http://jalopnik.com/5448005/the-el-camino-is-back-again

Gorgeous News. Chevy will give the vehicle far better outreach than the Pontiac.

Aw, don't tease Camino like this, it's not nice.

Jalopnik was not not nice.. I only posted what they said. But things are changing in the whole Holden GM thing..

PickupTrucks.com reports this morning that Mark Reuss, General Motors' newly installed president of GM North America, says the Holden VE Ute may still come to the U.S. If it does, it could wear the famed Chevrolet El Camino badge.

Reuss knows the Holden VE Ute intimately. He was the president of GM's Australian division at the time the company developed its U.S. export program. Reuss further indicated he wasn't convinced that the original plan to bring the Ute into the U.S. as a Pontiac, to be sold alongside the VE-based G8 sedan, was the best solution. He's not the only senior executive at GM who feels this way, or has voiced that opinion.

This comes a year after GM killed their last chance at bringing over an El Camino-like ute from the Holden brand that could have been named the "El Camino" — the Pontiac G8 ST. So pardon us if we're a little gun-shy in fully believing that this'll ever come to fruition — we've just been let down so many times by GM over the past few decades. [PickupTrucks.com]

link:

http://jalopnik.com/5448005/the-el-camino-is-back-again

Fixed.

So. much. drama. I won't believe anything until something is on sales at dealerships.

Agree Mr. Cubitar!

After all of the false-starts and turmoil, I'm simply going to wait until someone builds what I want.

There will be no settling for something else.

After all of the false-starts and turmoil, I'm simply going to wait until someone builds what I want.

I hear you on that!! I totally do. This is why I am holding on to my Oldsmobiles.. I know exactly where you are coming from.

I hear you on that!! I totally do. This is why I am holding on to my Oldsmobiles.. I know exactly where you are coming from.

Soon you'll be able to get a vehicle with the Olds logo on it again! Well, almost...

500x_Mahindra_Truck_INT.jpg

I regret to inform you that I will not be replacing your keyboard if you just threw up on it.

Soon you'll be able to get a vehicle with the Olds logo on it again! Well, almost...

500x_Mahindra_Truck_INT.jpg

I regret to inform you that I will not be replacing your keyboard if you just threw up on it.

I preferred the other rocket logo...

:roflmao:

Edited by NINETY EIGHT REGENCY

So. much. drama. I won't believe anything until something is on sales at dealerships.

Yep....

I wonder if they could build it with AWD? That would rock and really make this baby a versital and usable hybrid of truck and car. :P

They could, and likely should - but I want mine to be RWD only.

Is this thread a repost? Is this thread a repost? Is this thread a repost?:rolleyes:

Is this thread a repost? Is this thread a repost? Is this thread a repost?:rolleyes:

:roflmao:

Under new federal fuel-economy mandates, GM's truck lineup must average 24.1 miles per gallon by 2011. GM's biggest trucks and SUVs won't reach those numbers, but the company's entire truck line, which includes many smaller, more fuel-efficient models, will meet the average, Stephens said.

Camino, CAFE is going to be on your side this time around. You know how to read between the lines.

Amen!

Like Ninety Eight, this is why I'm holding onto my Monte Carlos ... AND ... my Caprice Classic sedan. Wasn't sure I'd like the Caprice too much, but it is growing on me ... and I find myself wishing I could drive just a bit more every day ... lol.

Cort | 36swm.IL | "Mr Monte Carlo"."Mr Road Trip" | pig valve.pacemaker

WRMNshowcase.legos.HO.models.MCs.RTs.CHD = http://www.chevyasylum.com/cort

"Never settle for the path of least resistance" ... Lee Ann Womack ... 'I Hope You Dance'

I heard the El Camino was going to be on the Lazarus platform. Part of the Resurrection series and it will come with a little Saint Lutz statue on the dash.

You can't tell me that no one here did not see this one coming!

Hell they are extending the G8 in Austrailia now since they are making money on it at Holden and the Austrailians think they are driving an American car. The Zeta is the car that is hard to build but impossible to kill.

An mid sized ElCamino would be a nice addition to the line up if it has engine options.

Camino, CAFE is going to be on your side this time around. You know how to read between the lines.

A point I've been pushing for a very long time now...

ecotec ute? LMAO

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Remove formatting

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

• Who's Online (See full list)

There are no registered users currently online

• Who's Chatting

There are no users currently in the chat room