Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
NewsFeeder

Officially Official: Honda releases photos and specs on HSV-010

4 posts in this topic

Filed under: Motorsports, Honda, Racing

01-honda-hsv-010-off-630op.jpg
Honda HSV-010 - Click above for high-res image gallery

After a single teaser, a slew of spy shots and a handful of videos, Honda has finally released all the official details on its new GT500-bound HSV-010 racecar. Based on the discontinued NSX successor, five HSV-010s will hit the track at the SuperGT season opener this May, with 10 drivers, including Ralph Firman and Yuji Ide.

While the road car was believed to have been powered by a new V10, the HSV-010 uses a 3.4-liter V8. The engine is likely a derivative of the powerplant used in the Acura ARX-01 LMP2 car in the American Le Mans Series over the last three years. With 496 horsepower and 289 pound-feet of torque propelling its 2,425 pound mass, Honda's new team of GT500 racers has the chance to take the Japanese series by storm. Make the jump for the official specs.

Gallery: Honda HSV-10 GT

01-honda-hsv-010-off_thumbnail.jpg02-honda-hsv-010-off_thumbnail.jpg03-honda-hsv-010-off_thumbnail.jpg04-honda-hsv-010-off_thumbnail.jpghonda_hsv10_thumbnail.jpg

[source: Honda]

Continue reading Officially Official: Honda releases photos and specs on HSV-010

Officially Official: Honda releases photos and specs on HSV-010 originally appeared on Autoblog on Mon, 18 Jan 2010 12:58:00 EST. Please see our terms for use of feeds.

Permalink | Email this | Comments

di
di

autoblog?i=QxO4NGhrKec:muJFjHlArvk:wF9xT autoblog?i=QxO4NGhrKec:muJFjHlArvk:V_sGL
QxO4NGhrKec

View the full article

It's actually quite cool looking (first Honda in a while that is). Too bad we can't see how it looks in production form.

I like it a lot kinda reminds me of a Lotus style in some ways or old Chaparral race cars Question Doesn't GM own the HSV name like the HSV Grange or Maloo :australia: