Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
NINETY EIGHT REGENCY

GM wooing current Pontiac owners with free service

13 posts in this topic

When General Motors put Oldsmobile out to pasture, many owners defected from GM brands all-together. In an effort to make sure history doesn't repeat itself with soon to be displaced Pontiac owners, the General is extending an olive branch in the form of a year of free maintenance.

Automotive News reports that GM is offering four years of free service visits – including oil changes and tire rotations – to specific Buick-GMC dealerships for owners of 1999 and newer Pontiac vehicles. Brian Sweeney, general manager of Buick-GMC, told AN that the plan is to "to keep the relationship with the Buick-GMC dealer." Customers will be given specific Buick-GMC dealers to utilize for the free service in order to help the dealers develop a relationship with said customer in hopes that they will use that dealership to purchase future products.

A potential problem with the plan is that Pontiac and Buick/GMC models aren't exactly in the same price range, though (potential) future products like the Buick Excelle and the GMC Granite concept could be priced competitively enough to keep some Pontiac owners in the GM family.

With new service customers on the way, we're sure the Buick-GMC dealers are excited about this program. Many Buick-GMC dealers used to sell Pontiacs as well, so many of the brand's former customers won't even have to go to a new dealer to cash in on the free maintenance.

link:

http://www.autoblog.com/2010/01/19/gm-wooing-current-pontiac-owners-with-free-service/

When General Motors put Oldsmobile out to pasture, many owners defected from GM brands all-together. In an effort to make sure history doesn't repeat itself with soon to be displaced Pontiac owners, the General is extending an olive branch in the form of a year of free maintenance.

Automotive News reports that GM is offering four years of free service visits – including oil changes and tire rotations – to specific Buick-GMC dealerships for owners of 1999 and newer Pontiac vehicles. Brian Sweeney, general manager of Buick-GMC, told AN that the plan is to "to keep the relationship with the Buick-GMC dealer." Customers will be given specific Buick-GMC dealers to utilize for the free service in order to help the dealers develop a relationship with said customer in hopes that they will use that dealership to purchase future products.

A potential problem with the plan is that Pontiac and Buick/GMC models aren't exactly in the same price range, though (potential) future products like the Buick Excelle and the GMC Granite concept could be priced competitively enough to keep some Pontiac owners in the GM family.

With new service customers on the way, we're sure the Buick-GMC dealers are excited about this program. Many Buick-GMC dealers used to sell Pontiacs as well, so many of the brand's former customers won't even have to go to a new dealer to cash in on the free maintenance.

link:

http://www.autoblog.com/2010/01/19/gm-wooing-current-pontiac-owners-with-free-service/

i got one of these. problem is its for the dealer i bought my car from, who is 250 miles away from me.

Automotive News reports that GM is offering four years of free service visits – including oil changes and tire rotations – to specific Buick-GMC dealerships for owners of 1999 and newer Pontiac vehicles.

I must have read my wife's letter wrong - I thought it said four visits total, not four years!! That is great if it's true, will save me a lot of money. I took her G6 in for a L-O-F service on Jan 2 and when it was done they handed me the keys and said "no charge". I thought something was up, but a week later I get the letter and figured it out. I truly hope the letter says four years when I get home later and re-read it! :lol:

1999 and newer? Where is my letter?

Me too. Two Sunfires and a G6. No letter so far...

Edit: Oh crap, I misread that. 1999 and later. Oh well, one less Sunfire for them to keep after...

Edited by geozinger

I re-read my letter this morning and mine states that our offer is for FOUR service visits only, expiring December 31, 2010. I'll happily take the four free visits, but would have loved four years worth of free visits much better.

What if you bought from a Pontiac only dealer and they are not there anymore?

Can you chose a nearby Buick dealer?

Edited by hyperv6

We got our letter for the G6 (2007), its just a coupon thing really and its for the dealer where we bought the car only...why can't we take it to any GM dealer? We actually get our Pontiac serviced at the Chevrolet dealer.

My purchase dealer was 2 hours away. As far as I know they are still there right now as a GMC dealer but were expected to close this year. Unless things change that is. They were a small town dealer.

I wonder if Canada is covered... I didn't give them my address since I moved last year.

And actually my purchasing dealer closed down and became a Kia dealer.

Edited by ToniCipriani

turns out you can get this offer from any 'participating' dealer. check the website listed on the mail piece. I am able to get mine at the dealer 5 miles from me, instead of where I bought my car. This is a nice surprise, assuming they don't just try to hit me up for a bunch of new work. I really need to save the bucks right now, so this comes as a nice deal.....timely.

Edited by regfootball

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Remove formatting

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0