Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
NINETY EIGHT REGENCY

2012 Chevrolet Aveo: [Spied again]

6 posts in this topic

2012 Chevrolet Aveo: [spied again]

01/20/2010, 3:45 PMBY DREW JOHNSON

Following its concept debut at the 2010 North American International Auto Show in Detroit, our spy photographers have spotted a pre-production 2012 Chevrolet Aveo undergoing some shakedown testing in Michigan. The Chevy Aveo RS Concept took to the Detroit stage earlier this month.

This all new car will be riding on GM’s Global Gamma II chassis. We can expect a 4-door sedan variant and a 5-door hatchback — seen here in our spy photos.

After seeing the Aveo concept in the flesh, it appears that the vehicle seen in these photos will closely match its show-going counterpart. Look for the new Aveo to take on a more aggressive look, with the performance RS version likely for production.

It was believed that Chevrolet might switch the name of its small car offering to the Viva, but the Detroit concept appears to indicate Chevy will stick with the Aveo nameplate, for better or worse.

Watch for this new B-segment car to go into production at GM’s Orion Township plant towards the end of 2010, or possibly the beginning of 2011.

link:

http://www.leftlanenews.com/chevrolet-viva.html

gotta give credit on this: I think I see rear disk brakes (albeit tiny ones). Hard to see for sure, though, and I still expect that lower end models will probably get drums.

gotta give credit on this: I think I see rear disk brakes (albeit tiny ones). Hard to see for sure, though, and I still expect that lower end models will probably get drums.

Tough to say by the picture...

Radio stack is different from Aveo RS showcar FYI. Perhaps lower end models will not get the nice integrated stack?

Most new GM cars of late come well near 90% of what we see in the show cars.

This has been something since car fully developed under Lutz have shown.

He did similar at Chrysler too. I think few will be disapointed at the final Aveo. It is such a big improvemnt over the old Aveo few will miss the small changes from the show car.

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Remove formatting

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0