Server Move In Progress - Read More ×

Enclave vs RX 330 vs FX45 vs Touareg

mystik

Toyota better do something fast. The Lexus looks seriously dated.

I just bet you the production Enclave just doesn't look nearly as good. It may be "99% production", but GM has taught me one thing, which is they can screw up a concept by penny-pinching.

That just reminds me what a crappy interior the Infiniti has, especially with the ugliest 3-spoke ever from the Frontier.

That's with the aftermarket plastic stick-on "aluminum" kit. The '06 models with the rosewood trim and contrasting brown leather are actually very nice.

Of that group (as far as current, production models) I'd have to pick the FX for the exterior and the Touraeg for the interior.

I'm looking forward to seeing the Enclave in person.

Edited by moltar

I drove an FX and it is a pretty awesome vehicle. I've ehar the Touareg is a pretty awesome vehicle as well. As far as the RX looking dated, yes, exterior wise it is pretty sated looking, but the interior is pretty nice.

The Buick looks quite competitve against these. The Toureg and RX look dated on the outside already and the Toureg's interior is busy and nothing special. The Infinity doesn't compete with the Enclave, it competes with the SRX and X5.

I think the Buick would sell well if it wasn't a Buick.

Edited by Oldsmoboi

The Buick looks quite competitve against these. The Toureg and RX look dated on the outside already and the Toureg's interior is busy and nothing special. The Infinity doesn't compete with the Enclave, it competes with the SRX and X5.

I think the Buick would sell well if it wasn't a Buick.

I have to say, when the V8 is added to the Enclave, it's going to be EXTREMELY competitive... there's a small chance, wait... should I jinx it?

Oh f@#k it, I'm going to say it...

... that the Enclave could be class leading!

Brown leather is amazing.

The RX looks somewhat dated but the interior is still nice. The FX is one hot car, still-slightly crappy interior and all. The Touareg is nice both inside (though busy like Olds said) and out but it looks a little too portly. The Enclave, of course, is great inside and out, and will be class-leading. I have three nitpicks about it, though: 1) the center stack, 2) the chrome outline on the taillights and 3) GM probably won't offer a luxury package containing the interior we've been shown.

Out of these, I think the Enclave would only compete with the RX. The FX is too sporty and the Touareg is an actual SUV, not a crossover.

I have to say, when the V8 is added to the Enclave, it's going to be EXTREMELY competitive... there's a small chance, wait... should I jinx it?

Oh f@#k it, I'm going to say it...

... that the Enclave could be class leading!

Unfortunately, Bob Lutz himself has already stated that the Enclave will no longer have a V8 option.

The FX45 wouldn't even directly compete with the Enclave. It is much smaller and on a RWD/AWD platform. It only has two rows of seating. It is much more sport oriented.

So just because the currenet FX has two rows of seat means it won't compete with the Enclave? They will compete directly, though one is lux driven, and one is sport driven. The Infiniti will introduce the CX soon, so I'm guessing the next FX will probably offer three rows of seats. Anway, they're direct competitiors.

The man is right. This is the new interior:

Posted Image

Posted Image

looks like what some reporters/critics might call a black sea of plastics... but only those words are referd to american cars... these are refered to as having high quality buttons and an exceptional placement of a timepeice...?

looks like what some reporters/critics might call a black sea of plastics... but only those words are referd to american cars... these are refered to as having high quality buttons and an exceptional placement of a timepeice...?

Umm, not really. This is a black sea of plastic:

Posted Image

Unfortunately, Bob Lutz himself has already stated that the Enclave will no longer have a V8 option.

That is ABSURD... absolutely CRAZY. This means with the Rainier gone, and this replacing the Rendezvous, and then there's the Terraza, well, whatever the f is happening with that... this Enclave would have been the only "truck-like-product" that would have had a V8 in the Buick lineup. I just feel if you're going to have a truck, you want to have the power/torque to back it up. If they can't fit a V8 in there, then I better see like a twin turbo V6 or something.

That is ABSURD... absolutely CRAZY.  This means with the Rainier gone, and this replacing the Rendezvous, and then there's the Terraza, well, whatever the f is happening with that... this Enclave would have been the only "truck-like-product" that would have had a V8 in the Buick lineup.  I just feel if you're going to have a truck, you want to have the power/torque to back it up.  If they can't fit a V8 in there, then I better see like a twin turbo V6 or something.

He said none of their current V8s are going in, and it won't have a V8 option for now. Once the UV8 comes out it'll be in there.

The man is right. This is the new interior:

Posted Image

Posted Image

That interior's UGLY!!! The top part of it is all cluttered, but the bottom has nothing but an analog clock.... It's not right... Atleast make the top and bottom equally as cluttered, or spread it out so it's only alittle cluttered.