Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
NewsFeeder

Conan O'Brien gets Satisfaction from latest character: $1.5 million Bugatti Veyron Mouse

30 posts in this topic

Filed under: Etc., Videos, Bugatti, Humor

bugattimouse.jpg
Conan's Bugatti Veyron mouse - Click above to watch video

You might have heard about a little, but very expensive, storm in a teacup involving NBC, Conan O'Brien and Jay Leno. A quick summary for those of you doing other things with your lives, Jay left The Tonight Show to do a 10PM show, and Conan took over The Tonight Show. Seven months later, Jay's show isn't working out for NBC, so Jay gets to go back to late night TV, and NBC tells Conan he can push the The Tonight Show back a half hour, or he can walk.

So Conan's walking. But before he does he's going to spend all the NBC money he can, saying, "We're going to introduce comedy bits that aren't so much funny as they are crazy expensive." Hence the Bugatti Veryon mouse. And its really expensive theme music. Follow the jump to watch the video. Thanks to all who sent this in!

[source: Earsucker]

Continue reading Conan O'Brien gets Satisfaction from latest character: $1.5 million Bugatti Veyron Mouse

Conan O'Brien gets Satisfaction from latest character: $1.5 million Bugatti Veyron Mouse originally appeared on Autoblog on Thu, 21 Jan 2010 11:28:00 EST. Please see our terms for use of feeds.

Read | Permalink | Email this | Comments

di
di

autoblog?i=1xR421bdC8Q:W1jdmd9BEc4:wF9xT autoblog?i=1xR421bdC8Q:W1jdmd9BEc4:V_sGL
1xR421bdC8Q

View the full article

i liked Coco more than anyone else... mayb eit was cause of andy, or that he did count downs for new years for the central time zone.... jay would be better if he worked his love of cars more into the show, but "i'm with Coco". LOL

Up until recently, I liked Leno. I really did. But, damn, he's really screwed Conan on this. If Jay reclaims The Tonight Show, I guarantee it having very adverse effects on his popularity and reputation. (Among other stand-up comics, he's already hated as much as Dane Cook and Carlos Mencia, and that's pretty bad, if you didn't notice.) If Jay really cared, he would be the one walking, not Conan.

Up until recently, I liked Leno. I really did. But, damn, he's really screwed Conan on this. If Jay reclaims The Tonight Show, I guarantee it having very adverse effects on his popularity and reputation. (Among other stand-up comics, he's already hated as much as Dane Cook and Carlos Mencia, and that's pretty bad, if you didn't notice.) If Jay really cared, he would be the one walking, not Conan.

NBC is the one who made this decision. Any intelligent person could see this happening from day one. NBC wanted to have their cake and eat it too, and as usual when one tries to do that it ends in . . .

Jenipher+G+Fial.JPG

NBC is the one who made this decision. Any intelligent person could see this happening from day one. NBC wanted to have their cake and eat it too, and as usual when one tries to do that it ends in . . .

Jenipher+G+Fial.JPG

I don't hear Leno really complaining about all of this, he actually admitted going along with it all without a single qualm. I'm sorry, but Leno is just as guilty in all of this as NBC in my opinion.

If NBC's proposed line-up change went through without a hitch, to be honest, I don't think it would have helped Leno's ratings. After almost two decades on the air, Leno was getting long in the tooth, despite what The Tonight Show's ratings might have been. If Leno was so great, why did his 10 o'clock show tank? I don't think the time slot was totally to blame, sorry.

NBC will regret this. Just watch. This mess isn't helping Leno, only hurting him.

Edited by whiteknight

Yes it was the 10PM time slot. There is a reason why that type of television is on after the news, because it works. Long in the tooth? How come when Leno was forced to 10:00 because of NBC's stupid contract with O'Brien, Letterman becomes the new #1? Leno was being a team player from the start. NBC didn't want to lose Leno to Fox or ABC and instead they lose O'Brien. NBC made a calculated risk here and they hope it pays off. I think it will. Ratings will be Leno, Letterman, O'Brien after a month of all 3 being on the air at the same time.

I don't hear Leno really complaining about all of this. I'm sorry, but Leno is just as guilty in all of this as NBC in my opinion.

If NBC's proposed line-up change went through without a hitch, to be honest, I don't think it would have helped Leno's ratings. After almost two decades on the air, Leno was getting long in the tooth, despite what The Tonight Show's ratings might have been. If Leno was so great, why did his 10 o'clock show tank? I don't think the time slot was totally to blame, sorry.

NBC will regret this. Just watch. This mess isn't helping Leno, only hurting him.

How about you watch that video before making the assumption that Leno doesn't think anything about it.

Yes it was the 10PM time slot. There is a reason why that type of television is on after the news, because it works. Long in the tooth? How come when Leno was forced to 10:00 because of NBC's stupid contract with O'Brien, Letterman becomes the new #1? Leno was being a team player from the start. NBC didn't want to lose Leno to Fox or ABC and instead they lose O'Brien. NBC made a calculated risk here and they hope it pays off. I think it will. Ratings will be Leno, Letterman, O'Brien after a month of all 3 being on the air at the same time.

A.) I knew the time slot, thanks.

B.) Good work on explaining your reasoning on how Late Night TV works.

C.) Yes, long in the tooth. Outside of Headlines, which came on only what? Every Monday? I found Leno to be getting a little bit boring near the end of his run first run. His monologues were so drab and his interviews were boring.

D.) NBC, for starters, didn't even give Conan a chance. And as I recall, Leno didn't exactly take Late Night by storm when he first started out either and lost badly to Letterman the first few years (five I think it was). I really hope Letterman names Conan his successor before his contract runs out at the end of the 2010 season. Things will probably get very painful for NBC then.

How about you watch that video before making the assumption that Leno doesn't think anything about it.

I have, yeah. It's been uploaded to YouTube 4 different times since last night, when it originally aired. He didn't sound apologetic at all to me. In fact, there wasn't an apology to be found, just a monotone, apathetic explanation. The overall tone was, "Sorry, tough break. Good luck doing whatever." Sure, he stated he wanted out of his contract, which shows to me Leno knew what was right, but went along with the wrong choice in the end.

But, hey, if you like Leno, fine. It's what you like, not what I like. I'm not here to sway opinions, just state my own.

So... NBC wanted to get Jay Leno back, so they told Conan he either had to move to a later time slot or GTFO?

The first I heard of this was on the Colbert show last night. Never seen a single Jay Leno or Conan O'Brien show, are they funny?

So... NBC wanted to get Jay Leno back, so they told Conan he either had to move to a later time slot or GTFO?

The first I heard of this was on the Colbert show last night. Never seen a single Jay Leno or Conan O'Brien show, are they funny?

Colbert Report FTW. I think Leno is entertaining though I didn't watch him that often, I don't find Letterman or Conan to be funny, seems more like they try too hard and it doesn't end up being funny IMO.

I just think Conan O'Brien is annoying...I think Jay is pretty good, but I don't watch the show religiously...I think I'v actually watched him at 10 more than I ever did on late night...oh well...I have better things to worry about

Jon Stewart and Stephen Colbert FTW.

This. Stewart does a wonderful job of just tearing people apart directly (the Olbermann thing last night) while Colbert is probably the greatest satirist this generation has ever seen.

whiteknight - you're with a pretty small group sharing those opinions. All news agencies are calling out NBC for the blunder of 2009. Leno is on contract. He has no say with someone else holding the pen over his pay cheque. The biggest catalyst in this is the affiliates stating they were going to fill Conan's time-slot with something else more popular. If Jeno's 10 PM slot was not performing well, NBC had two dead horses to deal with. What business coasts through that decision without change?

With the other thoughts on Stewart and Colbert, I never check them against each other. Stewart reveals the stupidity of a politician's ways while Colbert pretends it's just meant to be that way. One is street-side comedy while the other is Broadway. They both have their comic genius. I laugh with one just as much as the other. At times, I also groan all the same.

Edited by ShadowDog

Stewart's good too, I love it when Lewis Black get his say as well..it's like watching FOG rant. :P

whiteknight - you're with a pretty small group sharing those opinions. All news agencies are calling out NBC for the blunder of 2009. Leno is on contract. He has no say with someone else holding the pen over his pay cheque. The biggest catalyst in this is the affiliates stating they were going to fill Conan's time-slot with something else more popular. If Jeno's 10 PM slot was not performing well, NBC had two dead horses to deal with. What business coasts through that decision without change?

It's just the way I see it.

What buisness would tough something like that out ... GM? Ohhhhh wait ...

I do agree with DF about Lewis Black. One of my favorite comedians of all time, next to Bill Hicks.

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Remove formatting

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0