Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
NewsFeeder

BREAKING: Fire breaks out at Cobo, Detroit Auto Show evacuated

10 posts in this topic

Filed under: Detroit Auto Show, Etc., Safety

cobo-fire.jpg

Instant gratification can be an amazing thing, a fact evidenced once again by the always-on-top-of-things nature of Twitter. Apparently, Detroit Auto Show attendees were evacuated from Cobo Hall a short time ago after a reported electrical fire broke out at the Audi exhibit. Says the official NAIAS Twitter feed:
There was a small electrical fire inside Cobo. The fire is out and everything is under control...
The building was cleared as a precautionary measure. The show will reopen in a couple hours.

Reports are unclear as to how the fire actually started, with some witnesses seeing sparks and others reporting flames as high as the ceiling with pieces of display falling down. Regardless, it's clear that thick smoke currently fills Cobo Hall and police, firefighters and other emergency personnel are on the scene.

Showgoers can get their hands stamped in order to get a voucher to come back another day, or wait until 5PM when the doors are currently scheduled to reopen. More info as we get it. Click here for a few photos posted on Twitter. Thanks for the tip, Chris!

[source: Twitter]

BREAKING: Fire breaks out at Cobo, Detroit Auto Show evacuated originally appeared on Autoblog on Thu, 21 Jan 2010 15:09:00 EST. Please see our terms for use of feeds.

Read | Permalink | Email this | Comments

di
di

autoblog?i=A0U__nGwZec:qoQiN48oBk4:wF9xT autoblog?i=A0U__nGwZec:qoQiN48oBk4:V_sGL
A0U__nGwZec

View the full article

The Germans never were good with electrical. :roflmao:

way better punchline then i could muster. i was gonna say maybe some excitement from the surprise new Pontiac Fiero set the place ablaze. or, the renault fuego returned to us soil. but clearly not close to as good as yours.

I saw electrical fire and Audi and it just came to me. :P

I found this early enough to be the jerk that says:

Guess this show is hot!

Haha, ok so its a little dry, someone had to do it.

Electrical fire? Someone put the e-tron's plug in upside down?

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Remove formatting

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0