Ultimate Coffee Thread

21 members have voted

1. 1. Do you like Coffee?

• Yes, a lot
    • Yes, Occaisonally
    • No
  2. 2. If yes, what metod do you usually get your coffee from?

• Dunkin Donuts
    • Starbucks
    • Other Coffee Shop
    • Autodrip Coffee Maker
    • Espresso Machine
    • Single Serve Coffee Maker
    • Percolator
    • Instant
    • No Preference / Other (describe)
  3. 3. Do you have a particular brand of coffee you perfer? If so,w hich (multiple choice)

• Dunkin Donuts
    • Starbucks
    • Diedrich
    • Gloria Jean
    • Distant Lands
    • Coffee People
    • Tulley
    • Green Mountain
    • Newman's Own
    • Folgers
    • Maxwell House
    • Other (describe)

Title says it all, this one's about all things coffee. Since it won't let me add a 4th poll..

1. Regular or Decaf?
  2. What's your favorite flavors of coffee?
  3. How often do you drink it?
  4. Black Coffee?
  5. Add Milk?
  6. Add Cream?
  7. Sugar? How much?

I love coffee, and since we got one of those Keurig single cup coffee makers I can actually enjoy coffee a lot more often, and have been able to try out a much wider variety of brands and flavors than ever before. It makes some of the best coffee I've ever had, and does it right every time (plus no wasted coffee and no mess, and it's fast).

I don't like instant coffee that much, Dunkin Donuts never makes it right, I've tried McDonald's before once and it was crap, and I'm not paying $7 for a cup of coffee from Starbucks.

Generally I prefer flavored coffees, but I always enjoy a good cup of regular coffee. My current favorite flavors are:

• Distant Lands Angel's Kiss (Chocolate and coconut dusted with cocoa powder.), I love this stuff.
  • Gloria Jean's Butter Toffee
  • Diedrich Columbia

I like caffeinated coffee, if only because the flavors I like are caffeinated.

I like a good amount of half&half and sugar. 3 spoons of sugar for a normal size mug of coffee, and I guess about 1/4 ratio of cream.

I usually have 2 cups a day.

What about you all?

"Espresso" not "Expresso" I dont get my coffee from a Plymouth.

Monday through Friday, I take my coffee black, usually 3-4 cups between when I leave the house and when I eat lunch. I am a severe addict, not going to lie.

Weekends are for white chocolate mochas.

I don't usually brew it up at home in morning during the week, wait until I get to the office for the free stuff (Aramark corporate stuff, drinkable). I always put one packet of raw sugar and some creamer in the cup first, then pour in the coffee. 2-3 cups of 'programmer fuel' keep me going until early afternoon when I make tea. I can't drink decaf.

One morning a week I usually go to Einstein Bagels for a bagel and coffee, get a large French Roast coffee.

In the summer, I tend to slam a Starbucks double shot cold coffee can or bottle before leaving the house..hard to drink hot coffee in AZ summers.

On Saturday, I usually always go to Starbucks for a Venti something or another...a triple shot White Chocolate Mocha latte, Cinnamon Dolce latte, or during Nov/Dec, a Pumpkin Spice Latte or Peppermint Latte. On Sundays, I brew a pot at home--usually Starbucks Breakfast Blend, Peet's Breakfast Blend, or Dunkin Donuts.

I also have an espresso maker and a cappacino maker at home, rarely use them though.

I prefer green tea, but yeah.

I never considered myself "old enough" to drink coffee. To me it was always an adult drink, and I never got into it. I've started drinking it just a bit at work, out of the coffee maker there, which means I probably know nothing about good coffee.

I understand it's good for you.

Edited by ocnblu

1. Regular or Decaf?
  2. What's your favorite flavors of coffee?
  3. How often do you drink it?
  4. Black Coffee?
  5. Add Milk?
  6. Add Cream?
  7. Sugar? How much?

1. Both (but usually 12 oz. of regular at wakeup and decaf when ever I might have another through the day)

2. Medium roast most times. Sometimes we indulge in a chocolate-raspberry flavored grind that makes you want to orgasm.

3. Most times, one a day. Maybe three 12 oz. mugs total once a week, or so.

4. Never black - my bitter taste sense is quite sensitive.

5. No.

6. Usually flavored creamer (Irish Cream, French Vanilla, Caramel Vanilla, Southern Butter Pecan, a few others... or just Baileys when I'm relaxing at home.

7. One teaspoon to tablespoon - depending upon grind and what flavored creamer I'm interested in since some taste a lot sweeter than others.

If we buy a cup from Starbucks or Tim Hortons, it's usually something extravagant for taste. I always request only half-shot sweeteners because their fully-sweetened crap nearly makes me gag (literally).

• Regular or Decaf?
  • What's your favorite flavors of coffee?
  • How often do you drink it?
  • Black Coffee?
  • Add Milk?
  • Add Cream?
  • Sugar? How much?

1. Regular and brewed very strong.

2. Coffee flavored coffee.

3. Everyday. I can't have a morning cigarette without it.

4. Yes.

5. Yes.

6. Not a fan of cream and especially that powdered cream crap.

7. About 3 to 4 spoonfuls for the morning cup o' joe.

Edited by whiteknight

I love coffee, and since we got one of those Keurig single cup coffee makers I can actually enjoy coffee a lot more often, and have been able to try out a much wider variety of brands and flavors than ever before. It makes some of the best coffee I've ever had, and does it right every time (plus no wasted coffee and no mess, and it's fast

I really like the idea of the Keurig, but when I drink coffee it is usually more than one cup and it seems like it could get expensive...

I got started w/ coffee young, probably 14-15. Drinking coffee and getting up at 5:30-6am, something I picked up from my Dad. I always enjoyed getting up early, sitting on the porch and drinking coffee and watching the sunrise over the hills (Ohio) or the ocean (Florida) w/ him.

Throughout high school I was an early riser, less so in college and grad school (was a real night owl then, esp. grad school), then got back into early rising when I entered the corporate life. And coffee has always been part of those early mornings for me.

I really like the idea of the Keurig, but when I drink coffee it is usually more than one cup and it seems like it could get expensive...

It's not bad at all. It's about $0.50-$0.60 per cup depending on what brand and where you get it. Compared to a cup of coffee even from DD it's cheaper (and way better).

Also one of the great things about the Keurig is something called My K-cup, which is a reusable single serve filter unit, so you can use whatever coffee you want (and buy "in bulk".

Never heard of Keurig, but I like the single cup idea. I have a Krupps, a grinder for whole bean coffee, an espresso machine, and a cappucino machine. I really should use the last 2 more...just too lazy/busy during weekday mornings..

Anyone ever try Gevalia coffee club (where you get coffee in the mail)? I used to have an officemate that got it, used it in the office..some were pretty good, IIRC.

The best part about coffee is the coffee poop, probably the most satisfying kind of poop there is.

+1. Definitely. After my 2 cups in the morning, around 8:50-9, I have my morning power download. Very predictable, can set a timer by it.

Never heard of Keurig, but I like the single cup idea. I have a Krupps, a grinder for whole bean coffee, an espresso machine, and a cappucino machine. I really should use the last 2 more...just too lazy/busy during weekday mornings..

Anyone ever try Gevalia coffee club (where you get coffee in the mail)? I used to have an officemate that got it, used it in the office..some were pretty good, IIRC.

I found out about it from the place I worked at. They had one...got tons of use, made good coffee. Ended up buying their B40 model, the whole family loves it. Makes coffee right every time (makes tea and cocoa too), and its fast...from turning it on it takes 10-20 seconds to heat up, and then 20-30 to make the coffee.

41yi6rTUKYL.jpg

What about the coffee that comes from poop? Apparently it's satisfying enough to pay 30 bucks a pop for.

I'd love to try Kopi Luwak, but at $15-20/oz for a bag online, it seems a bit excessive. Maybe for some big event, like graduating law school or something.

"Espresso" not "Expresso" I dont get my coffee from a Plymouth.

OMG that had me laughing... I made a similar joke and my students didn't understand it. That made me sad.

More of a tea drinker. If I cave in to coffee, it's because they ran out of tea bags or don't have the flavor I like. Then I drink decaf.

I usually will drink my hot drinks at either Barnes and Noble or Borders.

That's why I put "other" for choice 3.

The caffeine

You could have said something about coffee bean farmers, Colombia, and Folgers being the reason why but you left my fun-o-meter pegged at zero. :(

Anyway...

Just tried a Gloria Jean flavor called Swiss Chocolate Almond...really good.

Gloria Jean? Swiss Chocolate Almond?

Gee, what's next? A dress and some little red heels too? :P

You could have said something about coffee bean farmers, Colombia, and Folgers being the reason why but you left my fun-o-meter pegged at zero. :(

Gloria Jean? Swiss Chocolate Almond?

Gee, what's next? A dress and some little red heels too? :P

They say you are what you eat ............ that includes what you drink. :deathwatch:

Edited by RjION