Cory Wolfe

Buick Invicta

Posted Image

I started this quite a few months ago. I finally finished enough of it to post. It's still technically unfinished, but who cares. Basically, an idea for more expressive styling on a fullsize, RWD Buick. No holding back, just going with the idea. That's what I did and that explains the wheels and the grills. :D They're... interesting.

Guest YellowJacket894

The Venti-Ports flow so much better with the design than with the ones you see on the Lucerne. I mean, the ones on the Lucerne look like a big afterthoughts that GM glued on before the first run at the assembly line.

Looks good, I'd like to see it with an Enclave-inspired front end though (I realize you did it before the we knew what the Enclave looked like). I think the ventiports might be cool on the hood where they are on the Enclave as well, just make the little buldge in the hood a tad bigger and you'd have room for them.

That's actually pretty sweet. I had forgotten that you kin draw good, Vipes! :AH-HA_wink:

Wow! A+ You're a talented artist for sure... I just think you love multi-spokes and sharp headlights a little too much. I love the grille and pretty much all else hence the A+... it could look angrier however, like some other Invictas from the past. :angry::)

Posted Image

That would have been excellent mid/late 90's or instead of the 2000 Lesabre

Fronts pretty interesting, not sure how lower grill is larger than upper but it seems to work.

This seems to be of a much higher caliber that other drawings I remember ?

Appreciate the comments, guys.

Northstar, I meant for them to be on the hood, but it didn't work out and was too late to change once I noticed that. Not to mention, I was too lazy to start over again. :P

Sixty8, sharp headlights... yes, but I don't favor multispoke wheels. It just seemed like a natural fit for the design. Detailed wheels, though, are what I love. In 5 spoke form, specifically. :D Also, yeah, I actually meant for it to look angrier than it does, but that's just how it ended up. Was, once again, too late to change it once I noticed.

Razor, are you thinking of the first Invicta I drew... sometime last year, I think?

The front is great. The beltline and roofline are stuck in the 90s. Make the beltline flat, and give it a thicker C-pillar.

Is this a Grand Prix with a Buick front? Looks W-body-based to me.

Posted Image

I started this quite a few months ago. I finally finished enough of it to post. It's still technically unfinished, but who cares. Basically, an idea for more expressive styling on a fullsize, RWD Buick. No holding back, just going with the idea. That's what I did and that explains the wheels and the grills. :D They're... interesting.

very nice sketch. I'd definately like to be seen in a car like that. The only thing I am unsure of is the lower opening in the bumper, looks like it's frowning.

The front is great.  The beltline and roofline are stuck in the 90s.  Make the beltline flat, and give it a thicker C-pillar.

Is this a Grand Prix with a Buick front?  Looks W-body-based to me.

How are they stuck in the '90s? Especially the beltline? I was going for sexy... hence the curve. Flat would be just wrong for this design, IMO. As for the thicker C-pillar... it's a front 3/4 view. It's not going look as big as it may be. I usually try to get the perspective to be as realistic as I can make it. I don't always achieve that, but think I did alright here. Also, Grand Prix with a Buick front? W-body based? Um... no. Anything having to do with W-bodies were the last things on my mind.

Anyways, I appreciate criticism, but you guys have to be more specific and realistic.

Well, it is more previous generation but a nice previous generation that we did not get. Appearence is far more G body than W, HOWEVER, distance from front wheel house to door indicates RWD and from what I can see this is a big car. Changing the belt line would make it more generic and bland, he could raise the belt line :P . The sad part is raising beltlines and flattening and broadening panels seems to be what constitutes "modern". Look no further than everyones beloved Altima or Maxima or what ever the hell that THING is.

Wheels in my opinion could even be tighter spoked, I think they used to call it turbine wheels. It would be more in line with the fine baleen tooth grilles, which I really like.

you guys have to be more specific and realistic.

I wouldnt worry about it, move on to your next idea. This one is great.

I can see how he would say the beltline is 90's styled, but who cares? 90s styling ruled in my opinion, and the sharp-angular 2000s need some variation.

This really reminds me a sexy, less strict looking BMW 6-series.

Angrier? I don't see how that would make it angrier... The Velite wasn't exactly... angry looking.

Velite's is exactly vertical. I mean closer, not exact. Look at the 50s Invictas. The headlights are slanted.

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoticons maximum are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

About us

CheersandGears.com - Founded 2001

We  Cars

Get in touch

Follow us

Recent tweets

facebook