Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
NewsFeeder

Infiniti Considering Front-Wheel Drive Models

15 posts in this topic

infiniti-logo_100231176_t.gif Front-wheel drive cars, no matter how well-engineered, are always a compromise when it comes to being fast. They do enjoy some advantages in terms of packaging and efficiency, but sending power through the wheels doing the steering has obvious shortcomings. Despite the drawbacks, Infiniti believes there is a market for front-wheel drive luxury...MotorAuthority2?i=tl984LFWRvU:LLwAnGcVPwQ:V_sGLiPBpWU</img> MotorAuthority2?d=qj6IDK7rITs</img> MotorAuthority2?i=tl984LFWRvU:LLwAnGcVPwQ:gIN9vFwOqvQ</img>

View the full article

01infinitig20.jpg

one used car i have shopped for, i actually wouldn't mind finding a peach of one in good condition to have as a daily driver these days. G20 is a nice car.

one used car i have shopped for, i actually wouldn't mind finding a peach of one in good condition to have as a daily driver these days. G20 is a nice car.

I wanted to like it... I just can't get past it's Nissan Stanza looks.

G20 was based on the old European Nissan Primera, but yeah, I see what you're saying.

I can accept a luxury brand using a front-drive platform in a luxury compact model, like the upcoming Astra-based Buick.

But if Infiniti made cars like the G35 and M45 front-drive, they would be committing brand and sales suicide.

Especially since the thing that makes Infiniti stand out from other luxury makers besides BMW is that they've been building a reputation for fun to drive, performance oriented luxury cars, and part of their formula has been the FM (I think it's called FM) architecture.

I wish Infiniti would build the Essence Concept...that is such a stunning car.

Only one response is adequate to this idea-- :puke:

Leave the FWD models to Nissan. FWD is fine for cheap mainstream models, it has no place in a premium brand, IMHO.

Edited by Cubical-aka-Moltar