Sign in to follow this  
Zora A.

Nascar Camry in '07

92 posts in this topic

Cory Wolfe    263

Meh... Don't make me hate NASCAR. I'm already only hanging on by a thin thread, which is Jeff Gordon. Damnit, Toyota... I'm going to have to say that you suck. That's factual, trollrebirth.

Paolino    99

So, I guess they're using the Camry SE? :lol:

It's inevitable...but laughable to imagine a RWD Camry with an OHV engine with a carburator...

Dude what the f**k kind of a Bizzaro world are we living in where this is a plausable idea? :blink:

Dude what the f**k kind of a Bizzaro world are we living in where this is a plausable idea?  :blink:

Yeah..it's going to happen..they've already done this in Nastruck, so a Solara or Camry sedan in NASCAR is inevitable.. then again, I don't really view NASCAR as real motorsport--it's racertainment.. the plausibility of the hardware is secondary to the show and the personalities.

Edited by moltar

So what next... Accords? Sonatas?

Yeah...Accords, Sonatas, and Altimas will follow... though of course, those companies don't do the BOF RWD with OHV and carburators that NASCAR requires (time stopped at 1965 as far as the hardware in NASCAR, it seems).

ocnblu    776
NASCAR doesn't have the hairy balls to ban their asses. The nerve! <_<

Looking at it objectively, though, by getting Toyota involved (and maybe Honda and Nissan eventually) is probably a good business decision for NASCAR--it will attract more people to their racertainment....bring in fans and owners of Toyotas...and for Toyota, it's good because it's more exposure...

Do they seriously require carbureted engines and BOF??

NASCAR 'stockers' all run on custom built BOF chassis with pushrod V8s and carbs...it really is 1965 under the blobby cartoon bodies...

NOS2006    11

NASCAR doesn't have the hairy balls to ban their asses.  The nerve! <_<

They pluck the hairs!

Or they got castrated.

One of the two..

razoredge    0

Do they seriously require carbureted engines and BOF??

It'll just be the typical template floppy body set overtop a caged frame, like all race cars......excluding some of the road course & SCCA classes that have limitations to modifications. I think they also need a 4 sp standard correct ? or are they running 5's or 6's now ?

Regardless

There goes the Farm

1940's they flew fighter planes into Hawaii

1980's they built factories in our Southern poorlands

Well, No one ever said they were stupid, theres more than one way to pen a bunch of Turkeys

<_<

balthazar    2,007

If NASCAR is "1965" and 1965 means going 200 MPH, have well over 1.0 G lateral and walking away from a head-on crash into the wall, perhaps the whole 'old is bad' theory should be flushed! :P

thegriffon    5

I thought it was stand-template on tube-frame, not body-on-frame. Nascar is all sponsorship anyway, there's little "real" manufacturer involvement. The cars are generic and the engines are not allowed to be developed. A lot of people would argue that Toyota is just throwing away their money, since no-one cares about the cars anyway.

MyerShift    7

Never watch NASCAR. Never will. Especially now.

I much prefer the World Rally Championship, Formula 1, and even DTM.

CSpec    515

This is Great.  Now the Big 3 won't be the only ones wasting their money on NASCAR.

Yeah really. And it's not like it's sacrilegious for the Camry to enter; Ford and Dodge already snuck in the Taurus and Intrepid (not like what the cars are "based on" matters).

Some mebers on here always manage to put a smile on my face... you know who you are. :D

That having been said I think that NASCAR really is the WWF of the auto world.

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoticons maximum are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this