Server Move In Progress - Read More ×

Kobe scores 81 - ALL by himself.

LosAngeles

Good day in general in the NBA. Seattle and Phoenix combine for a 301-point day. Seattle won 152-149 in double OT.

BTW, for the LA market, the Laker game is repeating Monday at noon on FSN West (set your DVRs)

Edited by LosAngeles

Let me guess: zero assists? Last time I looked, basketball was a team sport. How many wins do the Laker's have this year? I'll take the Pistons or the Spurs any day. They play a complete game: they rebound, they play defense, they PASS the ball. It's a bit more interesting to watch - and guess what? It generates WINS. Hmm.. imagine that.

Actually, in playing everything-but-4 seconds, Kobe had a whopping 2 assists. What a black hole: the ball goes in and never comes out. 46 shot attempts. That's more than the rest of the club, combined. I hate selfish players -- no matter how talented they are. What a waste.

I'm sure he'll hear that kind of talk all week long, and something completely the opposite will happen with Friday's game.

Not to mention, I don't think that's fair, as he had to put that team on his back, what with them being down 13 at the half. Folks wouldn't dare go there about Jordan, because he was so liked.

I heard about it on the shuttle to campus... at first I was thinking like cmattson (ball hog again), but that all changed when I read a recap of the game. The man helped win the game, it wasn't just to be a show-off. Kobe is awesome!

BTW, I can't stand to watch the Spurs or Pistons play. It's boring.

How did the Laker's roster get so bad aside from Kobe?

I watched the game until he had about 60. The raptors coaching staff made some weird decisions like not really double teaming him till the fourth quarter. He was nailing everything though, it was insane.

Edited by frogger

How did the Laker's roster get so bad aside from Kobe?

The rest of the roster isn't really that bad... It just seems like they tend to come and go. Sometimes they are kicking ass, and other times (probably like this game) they were non-existent.

It's easy to be non-existent in a game when you never get to see the ball. I think Kobe is one of the most skilled athletes in the league - but I don't think he's every going to have the success a Michael Jordan has had simply because he doesn't share the ball enough. Jordan knew when to take a game over & when to distribute/keep teammates involved. Kobe doesn't quite have that down yet. Oh yeah, Jordan knew how to play defense too.

Who was watching that game?

I figured I should have turned to FSN.

What do you guys in the Toronto/Buffalo market think?

Well, Unfortunately I didn't watch it.. and even if I was planning on doing that.. my cable provider doesn't have TSN but every once in a while.. one of the Canadian stations uses their expertise.

Kobe is really raking in the points. I'm sure the rest of the Lakers aren't too happy he's taking away the glory of winning the game but at least he brings results.

Oh.. by the way.. Awesome sig.

One of the funniest Dave Chappelle bits.

Edited by Cadillacfan

Let's talk about O.J.s accomplishments in the NFL next...

Fu*k political correctness... I'm with Josh. Certain individuals are jackholes plain & simple and their accomplishments will always be tainted. Like the Scumbag senator who represents my State who let an innocent girl die in the back seat of his 1969 Olds Ninety-Eight to avoid a DUI.

Edited by Sixty8panther

Go there much, 68?

Anyways, back on that game, how can one not say he took over the game, put the team on his back, and saved them from complete oblivion?

As far as other teammates being a little peeved, Smush Parker kept trying to point out the "team defense" to one reporter after the game. Erase the hate, acknowledge the history, and keep it movin'.

It's frustrating to see the others not assert themselves, but it is what it is until a trade of some sort can be worked out.

Go there much, 68?

Despite the Mods keeping my "Warning Level" at 100% for the past 4 months I do not usually get into politics. Just telling it like it is in this instance. The only sport i'm into is Hockey so I'll skip commenting on his ablility to play Basketball.

Like the Scumbag senator who represents my State who let an innocent girl die in the back seat of his 1969 Olds Ninety-Eight to avoid a DUI.

This would be among the top reasons why your warning level has remained at 100%. You don't learn at all and you don't follow simple directions. Things like this not only have no place in this conversation, but absolutely no relevance to an-y-thing.

If you have that much of a problem with Ted Kennedy, here:

317 Russell Senate Office Building

Washington, DC 20510

202/224-4543

2400 JFK Building

Boston, MA 02203

617/565-3170

Call him and tell him because the rest of us don't care.

Well I don't care how many f**king times Kobe scores.... he could sink a three pointer from 4 miles away I'd still say screw him he's a dirtbag. I was not going to post that here but when Croc (of all people) attacks a harmless comment by another member like he's "holier than thou" yes I'm tempted to chime in.

Josh made a "funny" same as if this was a thread about Mike Tyson someone would make a coment about ear-munching or his rape trial.

As far as attacking Teddy head on in a letter... bad things happen to people who go after the Kennedys. Just ask Norma Jean.

Edited by Sixty8panther

Well I don't care how many f**king times Kobe scores.... he could sink a three pointer from 4 miles away I'd still say screw him he's a dirtbag. I was not going to post that here but when Croc (of all people) attacks a harmless comment by another member like he's "holier than thou" yes I'm tempted to chime in.

Josh made a "funny" same as if this was a thread about Mike Tyson someone would make a coment about ear-munching or his rape trial.

As far as attacking Teddy head on in a letter... bad things happen to people who go after the Kennedys. Just ask Norma Jean.

You admitted you had nothing to add to this but the same old crap. So next time...don't bother.

End of story.

It was not about Ted Kennedy being a politician. He is a celebrity/famous person or sorts and also "got away with murder"... or is a referance to O.J. political now too?

I think constant bitching about how Pontiacs and Camaros are driven my Mullets is borderline racist and could be political to some degree but no one here has chastised that in the past.

Edited by Sixty8panther

... I like Vince Carter. He can turn it on like his cousin Tracy McGrady, run with Kobe, AI, and Dwane Wade, yet he's seem's very humble, his "Vince Carter's Charity Game" is the biggest of it's kind, reminds me of Sebastian Telefair, and Dwane Wade. IMO, as for Kobe, although tainted by his affair, and made fun of mainly by those who don't even watch the sport, I think he'll have a positive year, in the media, as well as in the mind's of most Americans.