NINETY EIGHT REGENCY

Buick's VW Jetta-Fighting Small Sedan Realistically Rendered

15 posts in this topic

Buick's VW Jetta-Fighting Small Sedan Realistically Rendered

Using an official sketch that was revealed at Buick's Los Angeles Auto Show conference last December as a canvas, GMI (GM Inside News) forum member "Mr. Burns" created a fairly realistic rendering of the firm's forthcoming small sedan that's expected to be heavily based on the Opel Astra.

The new four-door saloon that will make use of the same Delta II platform as the Chevrolet Cruze, will take the place of the Opel Insignia-based 2011 Regal sedan as Buick's entry-level offering in North America while it is also expected to replace the current Excelle in China.

The VW Jetta sedan should be considered one of the most closest rivals to the as of yet unnamed "baby" Buick model.

Though details still remain scarce, it is believed that the engine range will include the same 140HP 1.4-liter turbo four found in the Cruze while it's also possible that GM may add the Opel Astra's more potent 1.6-liter turbo with 180HP in the mix.

Chances are that we'll get to see the new Buick model arriving in the States sometime next year.

link:

http://carscoop.blogspot.com/2010/01/buick-vw-jetta-fighting-small-sedan.html

IMO, Buick is becoming what Pontiac couldn't be. I like the merge of being to have the upscale profile of Buick taking on a sporty side. It's what the division really needs.

IMO, Buick is becoming what Pontiac + Saturn + Buick couldn't be on their own. I like the merge of being to have the upscale profile of Buick taking on a sporty side. It's what the division really needs.

fixed

Sporty + realistically import competition + upscale

It looks to have potential... but we've had the same degree of 'realistic import competition' from overseas numerous times before......

Nice enough looking but I think I prefer the look of the Cruze. That being said the rumoured optional 1.6T with 180hp could lure me into one over a Cruze.

Buick is trying to be what Oldsmobile failed to be, and what Saturn failed to be. Although more upscale than Saturn, but with some of the same import fighter flavor. GM has been chasing VW, Acura, Lexus, etc since the 95 Aurora came out, 15 years later still not much success. Maybe 3rd time will be a charm, but I feel the Buick brand is too damaged.

Maybe 3rd time will be a charm, but I feel the Buick brand is too damaged.

Not after the Lacrosse and Enclave and the top selling Euro car, the Regal/Insignia

Wow, I really like it.

word is the regal's 2.0t is coming to it soon too. that would be the engine to get.

this or the regal or the new focus could be my next car if i am not pushed into a malibu or lucky enough to get my third SHO.

pretty tired of the slow loading carscoop site. why do they make their site so difficult to load?

I hope they have plans for a GS with toned down chome and at least the 225 HP 2.0. Buick needs a qulity performance version of this that would appeal to adults not just the ricers. I hope they could make it that someone would cross shop a GTI. VW can do it so why can't they.

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Remove formatting

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

• Who's Online (See full list)

There are no registered users currently online

• Who's Chatting

There are no users currently in the chat room