Sign in to follow this  
Guest YellowJacket894

2006 Ford 4Trac Concept

12 posts in this topic

Guest YellowJacket894   
Guest YellowJacket894

Looked around the net and found these. The site (www.carstyling.ru) said it was at the 2006 NAIAS show. However, I haven't seen any information on it.

Posted Image

Posted Image

So... Think it could be a preview of the next Ranger?

Guest YellowJacket894   
Guest YellowJacket894

Well, Ford won't be a major player in the compac - er, I mean mid-sized pickup market anytime soon.

mphmag    0

One high level person I talked to at a foreign automaker said they would never consider building/selling a compact truck. Their midsize was already pretty large. He said americans just won't buy them.

So even though we fans might want them it might not make financial sense.

Wow, taht's a wicked cool truck. Neat for a little Ranger replacement. Too bad we will not see it here, it's better looking than ANY Ford truck sold here right now, esp. the Explorer.

Its bland-we need to see something like a scaled-down F-250 Super Chief.

Imaj    0

It was at the 2005 Bangkok show. It previews the next-gen Mazda-designed pickup to be produced by the Mazda-Ford plant in Thailand, not the NA Ranger.

weird, Thailand will get it while the USA wont <_< I wonder way Ford isn't doing well in NA :rolleyes:

02sierra    0

ford is the only manufacture that doesnt offer a full 4-door small pick up, they build one in south america that is the same truck as the one here in north america, sans the four full doors. that is a nice looking truck to be on such an old platform, why is the hell wouldnt they bring it here?

thegriffon    5

One high level person I talked to at a foreign automaker said they would never consider building/selling a compact truck. Their midsize was already pretty large. He said americans just won't buy them.

So even though we fans might want them it might not make financial sense.

Semantics. This Ranger, the new Toyota Hilux, Isuzu D-Max and Mitsubishi Triton are the same size as the Colorado and Tacoma, but with heavy-duty components for 1-ton payloads. Nissan even sells the same truck (the Frontier/Navara) in all markets, with different engines and payload capacities. The only true compact trucks are the Chevrolet Montana, Ford Courier etc.

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoticons maximum are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this