Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
NewsFeeder

Hyundai prices the 2011 Sonata starting at $19,915

24 posts in this topic

Filed under: Sedan, Hyundai

2011hyundaisonata000_opt.jpg
2011 Hyundai Sonata SE - Click above for high-res image gallery

Hyundai's all-new 2011 Sonata goes on sale at dealers all over North America in the next few weeks and now it has an official price tag. The "fluidic design" challenger stakes a claim in the biggest segment in the U.S., starting at $19,195 (plus $720 for destination and delivery) for the GLS sedan with a six-speed manual transmission. That's $500 more than the base 2010 model, but $200 less than the current class champion, the Toyota Camry.

At launch all Sonatas are powered by Hyundai's new direct injected 2.4-liter inline-four, paired with either manual or automatic six-speed gearbox. The GLS and Limited are rated at 198 horsepower while the dual exhaust on the SE rounds it up to a nice round 200 hp. A maxed-out Limited with navigation will set you back $28,115, including D&D.

The Sonata Limited is the first entrant into the mid-size segment to get leather covered heated seats front and rear, and the manual transmission GLS also tops the segment in fuel economy for non-hybrids with a rating of 24 mpg city and 35 mpg highway. We'll have our first opportunity to drive the new Sonata next week and we'll finally find out if the dynamics live up to its new styling.

[source: Hyundai]

Continue reading Hyundai prices the 2011 Sonata starting at $19,915

Hyundai prices the 2011 Sonata starting at $19,915 originally appeared on Autoblog on Mon, 01 Feb 2010 19:51:00 EST. Please see our terms for use of feeds.

Permalink | Email this | Comments

di
di

autoblog?i=Y3bEYDT0hlk:QHX_Jjkzawo:wF9xT autoblog?i=Y3bEYDT0hlk:QHX_Jjkzawo:V_sGL
Y3bEYDT0hlk

View the full article

i actually am very interested in this car with the manual trans as a budget minded alternative to a higher priced compact.

200hp with low curb weight and all that room = sleeper, not a performance hot rod, but a very functional car at a good price.

Great price. This car deserves to overtake the Camry and Accord in sales. The styling is a little odd, but the interior is almost Lexus-like.

Everything I hate about car design has been incorporated into this car.

:lol:

I tend to think 'melted Lexus' when it comes to the new Sonata's styling, but somehow at the same time I have this feeling they have got it right, spot on. Go figure that a car could evoke such an ambiguous reaction!

I tend to think 'melted Lexus' when it comes to the new Sonata's styling, but somehow at the same time I have this feeling they have got it right, spot on. Go figure that a car could evoke such an ambiguous reaction!

Agreed with "melted lexus", not agreed with "spot on". It'll sell, but not to me. Ugly.

Great price. This car deserves to overtake the Camry and Accord in sales. The styling is a little odd, but the interior is almost Lexus-like.

the sonata's styling isn't perfect, but like any good mass consumer product, it is sort of a hodge podge of popular design elements that are current from a lot of other cars in its segment or higher. it also pushes the limit a bit with its curviness and stretched out greenhouse.

it provides room, power, good price, style. not cutting edge, just current and with the leading contenders.

you won't aspire for this car, but like all midsizers, its provides a good level of all the stuff at a good price. hyundai did not drop the ball on any facet of this car. like honda did with styling, like toyota did with protecting the health, safety and welfare of a few million consumers......

why it deserves to succeed over accord and camry, many things, better otd price, better warranty, better styling, better mpg, more hp, dealers aren't as arrogant, no sticking throttle. it's probably even a better car, and my guess is once the reviews start pouring in, this will come atop all the new comparison tests.

it's not a godsend in car design or anything or tech, but it merely advances the leading contender target a step or two further from where it was the last couple years.

it should be really interesting to see if this is finally the car that breaks the consumer's accord / camry fetish. if this car gets people to venture outside of just going to the camry and accord showrooms, it's possible all manufacturers could finally get what they deserve, a fair shot from the customer.

Edited by regfootball

Well I'm not sold on the exterior styling atleast they are taking chances and not being too derivative as their earlier designs have been.

Hyundai Sonata major ad blitz on the SB this evening, including one with Brett Favre (classic). Hyundai is poised for huge gains on Sonata sales, and I think at the expense of Camry and Accord.

Hyundai Sonata major ad blitz on the SB this evening, including one with Brett Favre (classic). Hyundai is poised for huge gains on Sonata sales, and I think at the expense of Camry and Accord.

Yep.

Just inspected a new 2011 sonata ltd.....35 mpg, 26k price, very well done, rakish , nice interior ( little bit of cheapness but certainly fine). Well done. Good job Hyundai.

Weird looking, and not in a good way like the Nissan Juke.

Weird looking, and not in a good way like the Nissan Juke.

it's very stylish in the flesh. I would put it in the company of the CC and it looks just as sleek and rakish. It's a game changer.

It is more daring than most midsizers, but it's not even on the same planet as the CC.

It is more daring than most midsizers, but it's not even on the same planet as the CC.

you seen one in person?

CC is a lot pricier. At least 5k more. Less mpg.

IMO the CC is in a class slightly above the generic boring FWD family sedans like the Sonata, Malibu, Camry, Accord etc.. Its pretty close to TSX, TL, Maxima, and soon Regal territory.

Edited by frogger

His mouth is so purdy:

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="

name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

GM should have had DI on the Malibu 2.4L before now. How many years have they had it in other applications?

GM should have had DI on the Malibu 2.4L before now. How many years have they had it in other applications?

I and others at the Detroit and Chicago shows were actually kind of surprised the NG Malibu hasn't been shown yet. It's a lot closer than most people think.

In a way, it's a good thing. I hope GM shows it in April and says "And you'll be able to buy one in July."

It does look better on the outside in that video than in the pics.. Nice instrument panel too.

Saw a charcoal one in person tonight, has quite a striking presence on the road, looks quite a bit more expensive than it is.

I and others at the Detroit and Chicago shows were actually kind of surprised the NG Malibu hasn't been shown yet. It's a lot closer than most people think.

In a way, it's a good thing. I hope GM shows it in April and says "And you'll be able to buy one in July."

It comes as a 2012. So probably next year in NAIAS with deliveries starting soon.