Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
NINETY EIGHT REGENCY

Spy Shots: 2011 Dodge Charger blends butch with bends

4 posts in this topic

Spy Shots: 2011 Dodge Charger blends butch with bends

During Chrysler's epically long five-year business plan presentation, there were a few Powerpoint slides that caught our attention. Among them was this shot of a new sedan with a sloping C-pillar. It didn't take much deduction to conclude that the roofline in question would form the next Dodge Charger, and now we've got more photographic proof that development is underway.

Caught outside Chrysler's headquarters, this camo'd 2011 Dodge Charger is sporting the same canted and extended roof, along with a set of squared-off headlamps, larger grille and a more sculpted fascia. However, the extent of the exterior modifications pales in comparison to what's going on inside, with a new LCD screen dominating the dash and a smoother center stack. The new Charger won't be covered in camouflage much longer, so expect to see Dodge's refreshed sedan bow later this year with an all-new V6.

link:

http://www.autoblog.com/2010/02/01/spy-shots-2011-dodge-charger-blends-butch-with-bends/

Cool, the interior looks more wraparound/driver oriented reminiscent of the concept car. Tail light's look interesting. I can't wait to see it.

I wonder why this is being dubbed a refresh and not an all new model...supposed to get new powertrains, exterior, and interior. I mean Toyota got away with melting the front and rear ends of the old Corolla and calling it all new. I guess the new "accelerate when it wants to" feature is what makes it all new.

The front end looks very similar to the current model. I am disappoint.