Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
NINETY EIGHT REGENCY

Next for Chrysler-Lancia: Reveal a product plan

3 posts in this topic

Next for Chrysler-Lancia: Reveal a product plan

Luca Ciferri

Automotive News -- February 8, 2010 - 12:01 am ET

At the Geneva auto show in March, the Chrysler brand and Lancia will host a joint press conference, another step in the integration of the two brands.

Lancia and the Chrysler brand will also share a stand at the show. Both brands are headed by Olivier Francois, a French executive who is also responsible for marketing at Fiat Group Automobiles and Chrysler Group.

Lancia is the near-premium brand of Fiat S.p.A., which has a 20 percent stake in Chrysler Group.

On Dec. 22, Sergio Marchionne, CEO of Fiat and Chrysler, showed to Italian government representatives and worker union officials a product plan that includes four Chrysler models imported from North America and rebadged as Lancias for launch in Italy in 2011.

Marchionne has said the four products would be versions of the re-engineered Sebring sedan and convertible, the freshened Town & Country minivan and the redesigned 300C sedan.

The models will be sold elsewhere in Europe as Chryslers, company sources say.

In 2009, Lancia reported global sales of 121,000 cars, of which 102,000 were sold in Italy. Chrysler brand sold 11,500 cars in Europe in 2009.

Read more: http://www.autonews.com/article/20100208/RETAIL03/302089976/1113#ixzz0exWwidVL

Hm. Lancia Sebring or Alfa Romeo 159? Easiest decision ever if I lived in Italy...

I'd much rather see Chrysler aligned with Alfa - imagine a line-up with a small 159, medium 200C, large 300C, and sporty Brera or Spider - but that probably goes against Alfa's US/Canada market ambitions.

The 159 is just so incredibly good looking. I'd happily take a black TI model over a 3-series, even though it's five years old.

Quantum of Solace 159 and DBS chase - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QXJiYV9K77Q

I think Alfa's are gorgeous cars too. What really baffles me about this plan is that they are going to be sold as Lancias in Italy, but Chryslers in the rest of Italy. I suppose not much different than Opel/Vauxhall, but it just seems pointless.