NINETY EIGHT REGENCY

Saturn owners get their wish: Saturn service

4 posts in this topic

Saturn owners get their wish: Saturn service

Chrissie Thompson

Automotive News -- February 8, 2010 - 12:01 am ET

With Saturn winding down, General Motors Co. asked Saturn owners what they were looking for in new service centers. They wanted something old -- as in their old service adviser.

A typical response, says Robin Sutton, GM's Saturn transition manager: "I would like to see Joe, my service adviser, when I go into the other store."

So GM is telling dealers who are offering Saturn service to hire former Saturn service consultants. GM also is asking dealers who are offering Saturn service to display "Welcome, Saturn owners!" banners and buttons on employees' shirts.

GM had 350 Saturn stores in September, when the automaker said it would wind down the brand. The company plans to have 420 designated Saturn service providers, says Steve Hill, general manager of GM's retail activities. That matches the number of stores Saturn's peak.

At the end of January, Saturn dealers had just 405 unsold vehicles, GM said last week.

Dealer Ed Bozarth's Chevrolet store in southeast Denver started as a designated Saturn service point in January. Bozarth is using the GM buttons and banners, but he says his primary strategy is to communicate that the service Saturn customers loved all started with GM.

"Saturn always wanted to be away from General Motors," Bozarth says, "but they never realized how good General Motors was."

Read more: http://www.autonews.com/article/20100208/RETAIL05/302089964/1147#ixzz0exXL7Ezq

"Saturn always wanted to be away from General Motors," Bozarth says, "but they never realized how good General Motors was."

I'm sorry, but Saturn's best days were when it had the least connections with papa GM. The more it was drawn into the corporate culture & structure, the more Saturn withered. But of course this is all post-Saturn PR spin.

Makes me wonder if the Saturn owners are even going to care....

My local dealership has quite a few saturns as trade ins....

Makes me wonder if the Saturn owners are even going to care....

My local dealership has quite a few saturns as trade ins....

I'm going to say most Saturn owners will buy imports and those trade will go to auction and GM dealers will buy them and put them on the lot so it looks like Saturn owners are trading in for new GM cars.

Saturn owners get their wish: no more Astra's

Edited by RjION

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Remove formatting

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

• Who's Online (See full list)

There are no registered users currently online

• Who's Chatting

There are no users currently in the chat room