Server Move In Progress - Read More ×

Where's the worst place to park your car?

How do you leave it running do u work for like 5 minutes and go home?

[post="6036"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

I deliver pizzas, so I'm in and out all the time. Speaking of work, I've got to go get ready, the fat lazy people need their food and I need money. Isn't it nice how that works out?

The "parking lot" behind my apt. building. The alley behind the bldg is gravel, not paved or even concrete, so there's a constant haze of gravel dust in the air- and on my paint- except when it's wet out, in which case it's mud. There's a nasty old tree overhead that is constantly dropping either leaves, seeds, or sap. It's far enough away to look like the stuff won't get my car, but nature is very resourceful in that respect. And for some reason, the space I was assigned has this huge depression just to the left of the car, half-ass filled in w/ golf-ball-sized rocks but which nonetheless fills with water when it rains, causing me to drag dirty water into my car for a full day after it rains. A fun game is trying not to twist my ankle navigating the damn pit... :rolleyes: It's not easy being me... :(

Worst place to park, other than in some ghetto, would probably have to be the school parking lot. People at my school are terrible at parking. In the winter the worst place to park is definetly on a side street that rarely gets plowed; you're just asking for trouble if you do that.

As of lately I refuse to park in front of my house.. because of the tree that's in our yard leaves sap all over my car. One time i was walking out of my house to my car, I saw a whole bunch of black dots all over it and when I got closer I realised that they were bees and flies... I asked my dad if we can take down the tree but he looks at it as sentimental or something since the thing was planted just after I was born.

this is a no brainer... you should never park your car in a JUNK YARD! :rolleyes: but seriously, I've found the following to be hazardous to a car's health: eucalyptus trees, eucalyptus trees when its pouring rain, any tree that expells lots of sap, any parking lot, anywhere near stupid people etc.

Anywhere in Swift Current. The population is over 16,000 people. The average age is 63. In the mall parking lot, people know that others don't give a shit about other people's property. All the cars are parked like random abandonment...over lines, across two spots, sometime over all four. I'm not talking about people wanting to protect their paint job, I'm talking about every day Joe's just stopping where ever. We have our own spot paid for behind the mall for work, otherwise, we park against the lot at the farthest area facing the doors. Nobody parks out there because it takes years to get to the doors with their walkers. Even funnier, the handicapped parking spots tend to be occupied by ignorant lazy assholes and senior citizens whom can actually walk (but don't have any display tags showing they're allowed to park there). I walk and bike to work now anyway. If I can avoid parking where others are nearby, I will.

I found another one... On the middle of the road. Some idiot had his Corolla parked there when I came around a turn. Scared the shit out of me and I almost hit him. I'm surprised that I didn't since it was raining and I barely have any back brakes. I have no idea why he had it parked there... If he broke down or what-not, he could have atleast pulled off the road. F**king idiot. He got the one-finger salute... It just amazes me how stupid people are. :angry:

The "parking lot" behind my apt. building.  The alley behind the bldg is gravel, not paved or even concrete, so there's a constant haze of gravel dust in the air- and on my paint- except when it's wet out, in which case it's mud. 

There's a nasty old tree overhead that is constantly dropping either leaves, seeds, or sap.  It's far enough away to look like the stuff won't get my car, but nature is very resourceful in that respect.

And for some reason, the space I was assigned has this huge depression just to the left of the car, half-ass filled in w/ golf-ball-sized rocks but which nonetheless fills with water when it rains, causing me to drag dirty water into my car for a full day after it rains.  A fun game is trying not to twist my ankle navigating the damn pit...  :rolleyes:

It's not easy being me...  :(

[post="6048"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

I understand the apartment thing, as our lot can be total chaos..even worse when
someone has a party..

A neighbor and I "group" park our cars..

this is a no brainer... you should never park your car in a JUNK YARD!  :rolleyes:

but seriously, I've found the following to be hazardous to a car's health: eucalyptus trees, eucalyptus trees when its pouring rain, any tree that expells lots of sap, any parking lot, anywhere near stupid people etc.

[post="6090"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

It's funny you say that. I've had that happen to me twice. I'd stop at the yard to
pick up another facia for my first car...and I come out to find that they are hunting
around for the keys to my car...I was like..ummm no... :blink:

Then a few months ago the same thing happened to my wagon. Granted its
old and rusty..I went in to pick up a trim piece...and I come out to these people
lining up their wrecker to my wagon to take it away! I'm like... :o

The Gulf Coast. Sorry, but 'tis true right now. Really, I have no problems parking. I just avoid old, beat up cars and pickups, SUVs, and all coupes. I try to park between real expensive cars, too. Its literally pains Mr. S430 if he gets some Olds on his car.

Back in the 80's, I parked my MAXX under a tree so I could make out with a cardboard cutout I had made of Joshypoo and some guys in uniforms came knocking on my window. I told them I wasn't into group stuff and rolled my window back up. I woke up the next day in the back seat of my car in the impound lot with a bump on the head and an old fashioned billy club stuck in my arse.

How did u manage tp park on a golf course, do u mean in the lot or by the course or soomething

[post="6086"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

A couple of years ago, some friends and I drove an Intrepid on a golf cart path in a gated community at like 2am.

(AAS @ Aug 29 2005, 05:14 PM)
this is a no brainer... you should never park your car in a JUNK YARD!

but seriously, I've found the following to be hazardous to a car's health: eucalyptus trees, eucalyptus trees when its pouring rain, any tree that expells lots of sap, any parking lot, anywhere near stupid people etc.

It's funny you say that. I've had that happen to me twice. I'd stop at the yard to
pick up another facia for my first car...and I come out to find that they are hunting
around for the keys to my car...I was like..ummm no...

Then a few months ago the same thing happened to my wagon. Granted its
old and rusty..I went in to pick up a trim piece...and I come out to these people
lining up their wrecker to my wagon to take it away! I'm like...

hehe... to think I was only trying to be a smart ass

BTW, I had to copy paste the post by daves87rs in order to quote him and show how he qouted me. On the old board, you just had to reply to the original post, but for some reason that doesn't happen anymore. Has anyone figured out how to make it work?