Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
T-O-X-I-C

T-O-X-I-C Design Studio

23 posts in this topic

ok um well just thought it would be a good idea to make this post, for anyone that needs help with any type of brushing, copy and paste tricks, and carbon fiber pieces. Just ask me here and i'll help u guys out. :CG_all:

I can never make carbon fiber real well... :blink: I use the pattern (probably the wrong way), renderize, twirl or something, set to Multiply, lower opacity. What's wrong? Or do I just suck at doing it? lol Edited by NOS2006

i had the same prob at the beginnin, don't use patterns they suck lol. I'll give you the donor pic that i use, and do you use photoshop, or paintshoppro? because i did that carbon on paintshoppro, but it's prob simmilar on photoshop, so just tell me. and after i tell u how to do it i'll send you the donor. peace

ok well, here see if this helps.

Watch this video, its made by monstermonster, this is what helped me alot.
This teaches you how to do it without using unreal patterns.

http://www.monstermonster.co.uk/Resource/2...onBodyStuff.rar

Now here is the carbon you have to use, as shown in the video.

http://www.monstermonster.co.uk/resource/2...r/CFTexture.jpg

cheers m8 Edited by T-O-X-I-C

Cool, but my comp won't let me open that thing. And how do you do fenders/widebodies like on the contest Nomad? Edited by NOS2006

ok, well u make an arched line in black, and paste it as a new layer, then you paste the same thing, and as it is selected, u paint it white, then paste as new layer right under neath it, so u can see the blak and white line almost on top of each othere, then u erase each layer (well each line), till it looks like theres a little more black, and some white so it looks like its a body line between the wide body and the part of the car. Then u pretty much have it, and since it is wide, u need to make the sideskirt connecnt with the rear and front arches, basically look at my Nomad, and u can kinda tell what I'm talking about lol. cheers hope that helps m8.

Thanks for all the tips T-O-X-I-C....you are inspiring me to do it publicly...I do it for my own entertainment. I have a new laptop and definitely have to get a mouse for it....touch pad doesn't do well for chopping.

Thanks for all the tips T-O-X-I-C....you are inspiring me to do it publicly...I do it for my own entertainment.  I have a new laptop and definitely have to get a mouse for it....touch pad doesn't do well for chopping.

[post="6950"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

see i told ya? :lol:

lol harley earl, i got a touch pad also on my toshiba, (piece of shit laptop lol), and i def. had to get a mouse, if i used touch pad my chops would look like scribbled drawings ahahaha, anyway Np guys, if u need anyhelp, just post it here, or if its that urgent just PM me. cheers -chris

ya can you get a Hi res pic of a Delorean 3/4 front view? if you could thatd be great! Thanks

Thanks for all the tips T-O-X-I-C....you are inspiring me to do it publicly...I do it for my own entertainment.  I have a new laptop and definitely have to get a mouse for it....touch pad doesn't do well for chopping.

[post="6950"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

i've always wanted a laptop FOR the touchpad. i want to use a stylis (sp?) to airbrush stuff on, i think it would be better with that than i am with a mouse. not that i'm bad with the mouse B)

:worthless:

ok, need some help.. how do you get like 2 different cars to blend together so well? even like, when you are converting a sedan to coupe.. i can never get the body lines to match up..is there a secret or a helpful tip you can give?

From my perspective on that one.. Just try to get the right angles to match. It's one of the hardest tasks to put a new greenhouse on a car when the pics are at different angles. Then, match the color (don't forget you have the brightness/contrast tool too!) and blend it in either with Gaussian Blur, air brush, or (most frequently used) a gradient.

Aw, man...you guys got all the good stuff. I have photodeluxe...it's more hacking than chopping, but I MAKE it work...LOL. This is a great site, and for you to offer real tools & tips is very cool indeed. Keep it up...I am beyond help. Now I'll take that back, help has arrived and ... I fixed all my problems....bought a new computer and got rid of GMI too...LOL. :CG_all: rocks ! Edited by MRDETROITMETAL

ok um well just thought it would be a good idea to make this post, for anyone that needs help with any type of brushing, copy and paste tricks, and carbon fiber pieces. Just ask me here and i'll help u guys out. :CG_all:

________________________________________________________________________________________________________

super stupid question here....
i need to figure out how to make the photos i submit for the sketch completitions the regualtion size....but i dont know how to resize them when i submit them.
can you help?

________________________________________________________________________________________________________
super stupid question here....
i need to figure out how to make the photos i submit for the sketch completitions the regualtion size....but i dont know how to resize them when i submit them.
can you help?

What program are you using?

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Remove formatting

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0