Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
NewsFeeder

Upgraded North American Mazda2 interior revealed in Toronto, car to launch late summer

6 posts in this topic

Filed under: Budget, Hatchback, Mazda, Misc. Auto Shows, Canada

2011-mazda2-interior-630.jpg
2011 Mazda2 North American interior - click above for high-res gallery

The biggest event in the automotive world this week may be the Chicago Auto Show, but that isn't stopping Mazda from once again going north to reveal product at the Canadian International Auto Show. The Japanese automaker has a significantly larger portion of the Canadian market pie than it does in the U.S., so it makes sense that it would show off an upgraded Mazda2 interior in Toronto instead of in The Windy City.

The 2011 Mazda2, which is earmarked to go on sale in North America beginning in late Summer, will benefit from higher quality seat fabric (with piping) along with a better audio system and more robust HVAC controls, among other changes. It is not immediately clear if the changes for the NA car will matriculate back into European market models, but the alterations should help give the Mazda2 a fighting chance against competitors like its platform-mate, the Ford Fiesta, as well as the next-generation Chevrolet Aveo and models already on sale like the Hyundai Accent, Nissan Versa and Honda Fit. Check out both the interior and exterior in our high-res galleries below.

[source: Mazda]

Continue reading Upgraded North American Mazda2 interior revealed in Toronto, car to launch late summer

Upgraded North American Mazda2 interior revealed in Toronto, car to launch late summer originally appeared on Autoblog on Fri, 12 Feb 2010 11:01:00 EST. Please see our terms for use of feeds.

Permalink | Email this | Comments

di
di

autoblog?i=ZVlly1B84t4:TmMqlW1jOyo:wF9xT autoblog?i=ZVlly1B84t4:TmMqlW1jOyo:V_sGL
ZVlly1B84t4

View the full article

A comparison photo would have been nice. Oh well I'll do it.

Old:

post-1757-12659943064854.jpg

New:

2011-mazda2-interior.jpg

The changes look good. I like the clean design of the interior. Still, I can't imagine picking this over the Fiesta which looks more sophisticated inside and out.

It's still a good idea for Ford to produce both though. There are still those out there (esp. in Canadian market I think) that would never buy American again.

The changes look good. I like the clean design of the interior. Still, I can't imagine picking this over the Fiesta which looks more sophisticated inside and out.

Well, just wait till you feel the cheapness of the Fiesta interior.

the changes make it look more "full"... pretty much everything above the first dash crease and the middle console (vents included) look for all intents and purposes identical.

very simple, but not bad.

My mom heard about this car at work and is interested in it, but I think at the end of the day she prefers the Fiesta being a former 1970s Fiesta Mk1 owner herself. She might be wanting a small-er car soon as she thinks the Malibu is more car than what she needs, and she doesn't drive to work anymore. I would assume she'd be cross shopping the Fiesta and the Aveo.