My Turn

Cory Wolfe

Yes... it's this again. I'm bored and I've had newfound inspiration in searching for another car. I just wanted to throw out a few possibilities to see what you guys think. These would only be examples... unless you can come up with an idea for how I could get instant money? Robbing banks not included. :P

Car #1

Car #2

Car #3

Car #4

Car #5

Car #6

Car #7

Car #8

Car #9

Car #10

Car #11

Um... yeah, there might be more but my PC is acting up. I'm bored, so... there's why I did this. :D

Of all the cars, I like the Subaru Impreza (#8) the best.  The MX6 (#3)looks promising as well, as do the 240SX's.  I'd say stay away from anything German as upkeep will cost you.

Te Mazda, Eclipse & 300ZX can/might be just as expensive to maintain as the 1994 BMW.

I have nothing really bad to say abotu any of them but I'd say say I'm not impressed wiht either two of the Mazdas. The Miata is tacky and the MX6 was never "my Bag" althouhg the MX3 GS (1.8 liter V6) is a car I like.

I'd say stick with the Nissans because all three are nice cars that will put a smile on your face. If you get any one of these cars you will not want to go back to FWD after. Trust me! :AH-HA_wink:

Now if the Corrado had likw 120K instead of 165K I'd say go for it but those cars are precey to maintain, get some mechanical ability before you get something that complex... there's a lot of difficult repairs you'll run into with those cars and if you can't do your own maintenance you'll be coughing up money twice a month for some expensive component/ wear & tear item.

Overall they're all decent deals even if some are very high milage.

wow, a 3-series with 100k miles for $4k. That's pretty good. I agree with Bobo on the German front, but 100k miles is really good, and BMW's are historically reliable.......

So if you're in the mood for practicality and all the amazing performance tricks, but not so attractive bodystyle, then the Subie is right up your ally...

If you decide to say screw maintenence [which will run expensive] then go for the bimmer, which is hot

The 240 is always a wise choice, and very good to look at, and those prices and mileage are not at all outrageous

Those were my favorites.

Miatas are cool too, though that one seems pricey.

The Miata has been known as "MX-5 Miata" or just plain "Miata" here and "MX-5" (no "Miata") overseas. With the new generation, Mazda has been stressing the "MX-5" name more. But they all refer to the same car, it desn't have anything to do with a perfromance variant.

How bout a job?  :P Two birds with one stone. . . no more reasons of being bored.

Novel idea, the only problem is I can tell you the response to this. "How can I geta job when I dont have a car to get to work?" I'll let you all discuss the various ways around this.

Rule #1-If you are selling a car with popup headlights, DO NOT take pictures of it with the headlights up, it looks bad. Maybe one pic, taken at dusk with the lights on just to show that they work would be ok, but not five pics, in broad daylight with the lights up. Pop-up headlights are evil.

That is one hell on a nice Chevette though.

As I said, guys.. these are just examples. I wasn't really paying attention to price or mileage... atleast not on some. So, just focus on those cars in general, not specifically. :P

And as for getting a job... Satty said it. :D A job will have to come after a car.

Anyways, what's wrong with a Miata? And why don't I belong in one? They're fun cars. It would need a major power upgrade if I got one, though, but I wouldn't mind having one.

Miata's not a bad choice. But where's the MR.2? 3-series are fantastic cars as long as you can manage all the costs associated with owning one. CRX isn't on there, but you could manage one of those. Prelude and Integra would also fit your criteria. 240 is the best of all worlds, sprightly, efficient, good looking, and RWD! Corrado is nice, but expensive to keep up, and I wouldn't buy a VW used, jmo. Impreza will be a great performing car, but performance only goes so far, and it goes far, but looks are really important too, and the Impreza is a sore looking auto. You want to impress those girls and guys? Get a cool looking car. Get a 240, put a nice set of BBS rims on it, and everyone will want you. Eclipse is a good looking car, and your price range could get you into the second gen. I would be wary of Mitsu, be sure to find one in good condition, one that drives really really well. 300 is pretty sweet, though personally the 240 is a better car. With all these cars there is one thing to remember, the clutch will need to be replaced around 100k miles, try to get a car that has already had that done. It could run you $500 just to replace it.

Miata's not a bad choice. But where's the MR.2? I found out that it's not Fieros they're against... but ME cars in general. Sucks, but oh well. 3-series are fantastic cars as long as you can manage all the costs associated with owning one. CRX isn't on there, but you could manage one of those. Yeah, it was one of those vehicles where I couldn't find any goodlooking ones. Ricers suck. Prelude and Integra would also fit your criteria. Those two were on my agenda to post, but as I mentioned, my PC started acting up last night and I couldn't get to them. 240 is the best of all worlds, sprightly, efficient, good looking, and RWD! Corrado is nice, but expensive to keep up, and I wouldn't buy a VW used, jmo. Neither would I, really, but thought I'd post it anyways. :PImpreza will be a great performing car, but performance only goes so far, and it goes far, but looks are really important too, and the Impreza is a sore looking auto. Well, I've always like the Impreza's styling. So it's definitely near the top of my list. You want to impress those girls and guys? Get a cool looking car. Get a 240, put a nice set of BBS rims on it, and everyone will want you. I like to impress. :D Eclipse is a good looking car, and your price range could get you into the second gen. I would be wary of Mitsu, be sure to find one in good condition, one that drives really really well. I don't want a second gen. I much prefer the styling of the 1st gens. Wait... do I have the gens mixed up? Brain fart, but I thought the one I posted was a 2nd gen? 300 is pretty sweet, though personally the 240 is a better car. The main attraction of the 300ZX over the 240SX is the added power, looks, and the overall dose of sportiness. Handling and practicallity may be lacking in comparision, but I wouldn't mind. The main thing with the 300ZX will be cost, though. With all these cars there is one thing to remember, the clutch will need to be replaced around 100k miles, try to get a car that has already had that done. It could run you $500 just to replace it. I see, but the clutch in my GA was never replaced. It was fine... especially compared to the damn engine. I think my problem lies with the headgasket, not the rods. Razor made me think and a blown headgasket makes more sense than anything. I think I am going to replace it and see what happens... my dad says it's only a $100, I think. I hope so because I'm hesitant about putting my hard earned... alright, gift money... into it. :lol: Whoops.. off topic.

If you want a reliable sporty car I would go with something like:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1995-Pontia...1QQcmdZViewItem

Maybe not that exact car because of the miles!

I like them but ones with manual transmissions are extremely hard to find. In the entire US and with unlimited prices... there are only 2 in Auto Trader. Manual transmissiong weren't even available on the 3.1L. That and I'm not exactly a fan of the 3.1L V6. I'll take the earlier 2.8L over it as well as the DOHC 3.4L. Mainly since they could be had with manuals...

Guest YellowJacket894

Integra? :thumbsdown:

Buy a 924. As far as matenience costs go, I don't know. But they are pretty cheap.

Hell, a 928 is so cheap, I'm actually looking into a few.

Edited by YellowJacket894

Cremazie... I might, but my parent's say they have bad credit. I'm going to try to get them to atleast try to get one... or maybe find a place that accepts people with bad credit (found a few with a quick Google search).

YellowanorexorcistJacket894, 924's are slower than I'd prefer. A 944 turbo would be more like it, but they're probably not nearly as cheap. That and maintainence would most likely be pretty expensive. I mean... it's a Porsche. They're much less common than anything else I'm considering, including the Bimmer. :P Besides... Integra's are cool. :D B)

944's are badass. A friend had one in high school, it got a lot of attention. But this kid wasn't all that good with the ladies, ;)...... A really nice car with a lot of compromises to it. Crude, uncomfortable, not too fast [non-turbo], but it was sure fun to look at.

Moving on.... Integra's are nice, and I'm glad you're looking at one, since in the class you're looking at you seemingly have to keep broadeninng your options since the car you want is usually never there. I'm almost not into Tegs though, they're a bit soft looking, though they can be fun cars. Look for a GS-R, whether it be a sedan or coupe. Try to find a lady driver, or a well cared for example with no mods. Mods usually mean driven hard.

This is going to be out there: have you considered a Focus SVT? I was just looking at some in my area, and the 02 can actually be had for pretty low. I don't know if it's exactly in your range, or if you trust Ford, but these are actually fun and nice looking little cars. The improvements SVT made to the already competent Focus chassis were enough for mags to proclaim it one of the best drivers of the FWD/RWD compact set.

An Integra would be a great choice, though insurance would probably be on the high side because these have a high loss history.

Yeah... It's good thing I live in Brookville, if I get an Integra. :P

Anyways, I've been thinking (and test driving on GT4!!! :lol::D ) and I think I have it narrowed down (just think... I had it narrowed down to one, 240SXs, not long ago but have been inspired to look at the possibilities... again... and am now thinking too much about it) to my top 6: 91 to 93 Nissan 240SX coupe/hatch, 92 to about 95/96 BMW 318/325 i/is coupe/sedan, 1st gen Mazda Miata, 94 to about 97/98 Acura Integra LS/GSR coupe/sedan, 88 to 91 Honda CRX, and 98 Subaru Impreza 2.5RS coupe/sedan. Others, I just can't see myself owing. Either because of certain gripes I may have or for other issues that are on my mind.

Edited by blackviper8891

This is going to be out there: have you considered a Focus SVT? I was just looking at some in my area, and the 02 can actually be had for pretty low. I don't know if it's exactly in your range, or if you trust Ford, but these are actually fun and nice looking little cars. The improvements SVT made to the already competent Focus chassis were enough for mags to proclaim it one of the best drivers of the FWD/RWD compact set.

Nope. I thought about it for a split second, but I figured I'd never be able find one cheap enough (I'm trying for under $5k, but that's only if I can somehow get a loan. Otherwise, my limit is a mere ~$3700 if I get what I want after selling my things).

With $3700 down, you should have no problem securing a loan for the $1,300 extra. You could probably get more than that, but I would stay practical. As long as your parents can co-sign for you, even with thier questionable credit, there will be a bank that's willing to do it for you.

always try every solution until you've exhausted every possible opportunity---in other words hope for the best. with that kind of money and the small loan you are asking for someone with a fica score of 400 [really low] wouldn't have a problem securing a loan....

Guest YellowJacket894

Cremazie... I might, but my parent's say they have bad credit. I'm going to try to get them to atleast try to get one... or maybe find a place that accepts people with bad credit (found a few with a quick Google search).

YellowanorexorcistJacket894, 924's are slower than I'd prefer. A 944 turbo would be more like it, but they're probably not nearly as cheap. That and maintainence would most likely be pretty expensive. I mean... it's a Porsche. They're much less common than anything else I'm considering, including the Bimmer. :P Besides... Integra's are cool. :D B)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Yeah, the 944 Turo isn't a cheap car. You'd be lucky to get one in decent shape for $10,000 grand. The good ones cost about $14,000, and that's $4,000 out of my price bracket. Plus, I know a 944 Turbo is a very costly car to keep up.

I couldn't intrest you in an '88 LeMans, right? (Just kidding. Just decided I'd pull a suggestion out of my ass. :D )

Geeze, car hunting is a bitch. I've been at it for a year now and haven't found nothing except for a white '98 Firebird that sold two days after I was going to check it out in better detail.

I'm also kinda considering one of these, too... Did I mention that before? The only thing that worries me about these is that they're Fords. I'm not sure I'd want to even look at a Ford, let alone buy one. :P I mean... I hate Ford's steering wheels. They're so f**king ugly... you know? :lol::D

Well, if you're considering that, I'd opt for an MX-6 instead. It's at least better-looking.

Posted Image

Actually... F**k all of the cars mentioned in this thread. I want one of these. :D

DeLoreans are so awesome! I would sport one of those any day.

Especially this one...freakin sweet! Too bad it's painted...B) Still looks badass though, looks great in black.

http://www.eliseusa.com/rotary.htm

Edited by Nick

Well, if you're considering that, I'd opt for an MX-6 instead. It's at least better-looking.

Posted Image

Well, that depends on your tastes... :P

"21.1 gigawatts!!!??? That would take....a bolt of lightning!!!"

*wonders if BV is too young to get that reference*

That's just as bad as me saying your too old. :lol: Yes, I get it. :D

This is more likely than any of the above.  I think you'll look good in it.

I always wanted a Power Wheels when I was a little kid. My mom would never get me one. First her excuse was that they were dangerous, then other kids in the neighborhood got them and had no problems, but then she said that I was too big for them.

man, my childhood sucked. :angry::angry::angry: