Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
NewsFeeder

Review: 2010 Acura TL SH-AWD 6MT is a mouthful, not a handful

4 posts in this topic

Filed under: Sedan, Acura, Reviews, Luxury

lead1acuratl6mtreview2010.jpg
2010 Acura TL SH-AWD 6MT - Click above for high-res image gallery

When the redesigned Acura TL debuted in late 2008, it represented a substantial transformation over previous iterations. The third-generation model retained the transverse V6 of its two predecessors, but for the first time included an all-wheel-drive option. But while the torque-vectoring Super Handling-All Wheel Drive is an appreciated addition when you're putting out over 300 horsepower, performance oriented drivers were appropriately miffed that both the TL Type-S and a manual transmission were no longer available.

Thankfully, shortly after the 2009 TL went on sale, Acura announced plans to add a manual gearbox back to the lineup. Unfortunately, it would take an entire year before it hit the market. Now it's here, and we're ready to find out if the Acura TL SH-AWD six-speed can fill the Type-S-sized hole in our hearts.

Photos Copyright ©2010 Sam Abuelsamid / Weblogs, Inc.

Continue reading Review: 2010 Acura TL SH-AWD 6MT is a mouthful, not a handful

Review: 2010 Acura TL SH-AWD 6MT is a mouthful, not a handful originally appeared on Autoblog on Mon, 15 Feb 2010 11:57:00 EST. Please see our terms for use of feeds.

Permalink | Email this | Comments

di
di

autoblog?i=iIg9mAS2Es4:e_IG6tunTy4:wF9xT autoblog?i=iIg9mAS2Es4:e_IG6tunTy4:V_sGL
iIg9mAS2Es4

View the full article

Jesus that thing is ugly...

I think it looks good in that color, though the front overhang really throws off the whole design a bit.