Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
NewsFeeder

Spy Shots: Get Shorty - VW Amarok goes single-cab

8 posts in this topic

Filed under: Spy Photos, Truck, Volkswagen

vw-amarok-single-spy-2.jpg
Spy Shots: Volkswagen Amarok single-cab - Click above for high-res image gallery

Is the two-door, single-cab pickup truck a thing of the past? Sometimes it seems that way, and judging by the distinct lack of bench seats and long beds we see roaming the parking lots at the local Home Depot, most of us prefer an extra set of doors and a couple more seat belts in lieu of a lower price. Looking around the streets of small-town America, though, not to mention other countries that depend on the personal pickup truck, there's still a need for an honest-to-goodness little work truck - and that often means a single cab.

Volkswagen appears to realize this fact, and here are the spy photos to prove it. Somewhat surprisingly, VW doesn't seem the least bit concerned with camouflaging these single-cab Amaroks, despite the fact that the German automaker has so far only offered a dual-cab configuration. We have no idea when this two-door Amarok may hit the global market, but we'd expect to see the same 2.0-liter common-rail turbo diesel four-cylinder with 163 horsepower and 295 pound-feet of torque, and we still don't expect to see it in the U.S.

[source: CarPix]

Spy Shots: Get Shorty - VW Amarok goes single-cab originally appeared on Autoblog on Tue, 16 Feb 2010 15:01:00 EST. Please see our terms for use of feeds.

Permalink | Email this | Comments

di
di

autoblog?i=zxetkcMxYHo:nLckcbLWpO8:wF9xT autoblog?i=zxetkcMxYHo:nLckcbLWpO8:V_sGL
zxetkcMxYHo

View the full article

It is a shame this truck will not be built at VW's new U.S. plant. That diesel and multiple bodystyles could allow for brisk sales. Even in basic refrigerator white with steelies, it's not bad looking.

If this will be sold in the UK, then there may be anoraks driving Amaroks. :)

An SUV version of this would be interesting, would give VW a more rugged alternative to the Tiguan.

At a glance it looks like a Colorado with a better designed front end.

I thought the same thing too!!

+ 2

I'd like to know why VW isn't planning to sell this truck to one of if not the biggest pickup truck buying markets.

I'd like to know why VW isn't planning to sell this truck to one of if not the biggest pickup truck buying markets.

Probably couldn't sell it here profitably if they have to import it (because of the chicken tax). And they probably can't make a business case for building it here.

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Remove formatting

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0