Followers 0
NINETY EIGHT REGENCY

Akio Toyoda agrees to testify before U.S. House committee

3 posts in this topic

Akio Toyoda agrees to testify before U.S. House committee

Neil Roland

Automotive News -- February 18, 2010 - 1:16 pm ET

UPDATED: 2/18/10 5:44 p.m. ET

WASHINGTON -- Toyota Motor Corp. CEO Akio Toyoda accepted an invitation to testify next week before a congressional committee that is investigating the automaker's safety problems.

“I have received Congressman Towns' invitation to testify before the House Committee on Oversight and Government Reform on February 24 and I accept," Toyoda said in an e-mailed statement today. "I look forward to speaking directly with Congress and the American people.”

Committee Chairman Ed Towns, D-N.Y. sent a letter today that asked Toyoda to help clear up confusion about how consumers should respond to the automaker's difficulties.

"The public is unsure as to what exactly the problem is, whether it is safe to drive their cars, or what they should do about it," wrote Towns.

Toyota North America CEO Yoshimi Inaba and U.S. Transportation Secretary Ray LaHood are also due to testify.

Separately, the House Energy Committee said its witnesses for the first Toyota hearing on Tuesday, Feb. 23, would be Toyota Motor Sales U.S.A. President James Lentz and National Highway Traffic Safety Administration chief David Strickland.

Read more: http://www.autonews.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20100218/OEM/100219856/1147#ixzz0fvlLeA2K

It only took a letter requesting his presence for him to decide to come. :rolleyes:

I didn't know it was possible for the U.S. Congress and a Japanese business man to get into a Mexican pissing contest.

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Remove formatting

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0