Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
NINETY EIGHT REGENCY

Unmasked! 2011 Chevrolet Aveo hatchback

9 posts in this topic

Unmasked! 2011 Chevrolet Aveo hatchback

Our spies have just snapped a handful of very revealing images of the 2011 Chevrolet Aveo totally undisguised. As we can tell from the images, the car will essentially be a lightly toned-down version of the Aveo RS show car that debuted earlier this year.

Chevrolet is targeting a more upscale market for the replacement Aveo since it hopes the Spark will take over for its entry-level models. Unlike the current Chevrolet small car lineup, which consists only of the Aveo and Cobalt, by the end of 2011, Chevrolet will offer the entry-level Spark hatchback, an Aveo in both five-door and four-door sedan configurations and the conventional four-door Cruze.

This all Aveu will ride on GM’s Global Gamma II chassis and will likely go into production later this year at the automaker’s Orion Township, Michigan, assembly plant. In addition to the more aggressive look, the Aveo will receive a much more upscale interior than the current model and more powerful, refined powertrains under its hood – expect at least 140 horsepower from a turbocharged 1.4-liter four-cylinder unit that will also see duty in the Cruze.

link:

http://www.leftlanenews.com/chevrolet-aveo-2011.html

No suprises with most GM cars anymore. Remove the LED driving lights and you pretty much have the new carss coming any more.

To their credit they are showing 95% of what you will get. I am glad they are keeping the interior and dash like they did. I expected that after seeing the spy pictures from last year already had the same dash.

I just hope they give the RS enough power To compete with the other small performance cars coming out.

glad they toned down the nose.

I'd like to see about 4 inches of length added to the rear, no biggie for this class however.

never a fan of beer tapper door handles, even for just the rear.

this car could be a real market sleeper if its priced right.....especially the RS. I fully would desire the 1.4 turbo with this car.

When do we get to see the 4 door?

I am concerned that the overall styling theme of this car is not all that much different than the current car.

I'd like to see about 4 inches of length added to the rear, no biggie for this class however.

this car could be a real market sleeper if its priced right.....especially the RS. I fully would desire the 1.4 turbo with this car.

I am concerned that the overall styling theme of this car is not all that much different than the current car.

The nose look not to much different to me.

I don't think the styling on the old car hurt is as much as the cheapness of the materials, wheels, tires about everything else. It reaked of third world life.

WIth a quality interior and a good set of wheels and tires it should go a long way to make it feel of some value. The last one I drove had the Lada or Yugo feel. It would have fit right in behind the iron curtain.

The nose look not to much different to me.

I don't think the styling on the old car hurt is as much as the cheapness of the materials, wheels, tires about everything else. It reaked of third world life.

WIth a quality interior and a good set of wheels and tires it should go a long way to make it feel of some value. The last one I drove had the Lada or Yugo feel. It would have fit right in behind the iron curtain.

+1

I'm curious myself. As long as that nose does not end up on the sedan, I thinking it should be fine. I hope.

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Remove formatting

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

• Who's Online (See full list)

There are no registered users currently online

• Who's Chatting

There are no users currently in the chat room