Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
NINETY EIGHT REGENCY

House subpoenas documents that allegedly prove Toyota safety

4 posts in this topic

House subpoenas documents that allegedly prove Toyota safety “conspiracy”

02/19/2010, 9:24 AMBY DREW JOHNSON

A court-appointed arbitrator recently blocked Dimitrios Biller – a former Toyota defense lawyer – from releasing 6,000 documents allegedly proving a Toyota safety cover-up, but those documents will likely come into the public light next week at a House committee hearing.

The House Oversight Committee has officially issued a subpoena for Biller’s 6,000 documents that allegedly prove a safety “conspiracy” within Toyota. Although the California court system recently barred Biller from releasing the information, the House subpoena supersedes previous court rulings.

“The injunction doesn’t prevent Mr. Biller from complying with his legal obligations,” Biller’s attorney, Jeffrey Allen, said. The documents are to be delivered by February 23, one day before a House hearing on Toyota’s safety concerns is set to begin.

Toyota has not revealed if it will fight the subpoena in court.

Although Biller’s documents don’t involve Toyota’s latest unintended acceleration problems, they reportedly show a long history of the Japanese automaker destroying and burying evidence involving safety issues. Biller defended Toyota in a number of rollover lawsuits from 2003-2007.

“Toyota does not believe it has to follow orders or turn over documents,” Biller said earlier this month. “They just don’t think the rules apply to them.”

The contents of Biller’s documents could be made public as early as Wednesday.

link:

http://www.leftlanenews.com/house-subpoenas-documents-that-allegedly-prove-toyota-safety-conspiracy.html

I wonder how damning they really are..... I wonder if there is a "Just cheaper to pay the lawsuits" smoking gun of a quote.....

I think if they swore him to a tooth and nails NDA, what they're trying to hide mustn't make them look good.

:scratchchin: Hmm, I guess Jim Press' career move a couple years ago is looking better and better. I wonder if he has a map to where all the bodies are buried...

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Remove formatting

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0