NewsFeeder

When Tires Attack: Burnout competition turns ugly for third-gen Camaro

26 posts in this topic

Filed under: Videos, Chevrolet

camaro-explode.jpg
Click above to watch the video after the jump

We're not sure if it's the raw display of power or the smell of burning rubber, but there is just something about a good burnout that puts a smile on our face. Of course, the burnout has to be done right to make us smile. A poorly executed spinning of the rear wheels prompts plenty of indifference, unless the burnout goes so terribly wrong that it proves to be somehow better than even the best burnouts.

Luckily it just so happens that we've found an instance of badder is better. Hit the jump to see what happens when a guy in his third-gen Chevrolet Camaro has the wrong kind of tires to be spinning around on the pavement. We don't want to spoil the climax of this video, but we will tell you that it is absolutely worth watching if you're a big fan of automotive carnage.

[source: RIDELUST]

Continue reading When Tires Attack: Burnout competition turns ugly for third-gen Camaro

When Tires Attack: Burnout competition turns ugly for third-gen Camaro originally appeared on Autoblog on Fri, 19 Feb 2010 11:29:00 EST. Please see our terms for use of feeds.

Read | Permalink | Email this | Comments

di
di

autoblog?i=PMnO8ftvwPo:xShlftZhH6M:wF9xT autoblog?i=PMnO8ftvwPo:xShlftZhH6M:V_sGL
PMnO8ftvwPo

View the full article

I can only assume that someone saw something was wrong since the guy was walking up to the car, I assume to have him stop.

I guess the rim was spinning in the tire... there are black marks on the inside of the rim.

I've seen burnout go back, but there must've been some rust in the fender well for the tire to tear it up like that.

Hope he was planning on putting in wheel tubs!

Probably the funniest thing I've seen all day. He just totalled his toilet of a Camaro by doing a simple burnout; awesome!

I can think of about a hundred far better ways to write off a car than this. I'll never understand what the fascination is with this sort of thing.

I can think of about a hundred far better ways to write off a car than this. I'll never understand what the fascination is with this sort of thing.

+1. I've never seen the appeal of such a stunt. Sitting still, going nowhere, making a lot of smoke and noise and wearing out your tires. Boring.

+1. I've never seen the appeal of such a stunt. Sitting still, going nowhere, making a lot of smoke and noise and wearing out your tires. Boring.

It's just another way for a Joe Schmuck with a "big ol hankin V8er" to brag to his buddies and co-workers about what a "bad ass mofo" he is and "howmach terk" his "big ol hankin V8er" makes.

It's basically jacking-off with four wheels; you don't know how to really use it so you abuse it.

One down

Aw, beat me to it.

:metal:

It's another redneck sport, like Noodling.

It's another redneck sport, like Noodling.

This is C&G, we cant call redneck things "redneck" because it offends people. So you should know that only the classiest individuals, with the longest, most flowing mullets who drink their PBR from the finest plastic cups they stole from the Motel 6 drive third gen Camaros and enter burnout competitions.

I like your haircut, Satty.:wub:

This is C&G, we cant call redneck things "redneck" because it offends people. So you should know that only the classiest individuals, with the longest, most flowing mullets who drink their PBR from the finest plastic cups they stole from the Motel 6 drive third gen Camaros and enter burnout competitions.

:roflmao:

Because it offends me specifically, right?

Seriously, I'm not here to start anything. For the record, I don't care, you can mention names, my name specifically should you really feel the need to.

It isn't like other members are in the dark about it.

I have an issue with such words being used in a derogatory manner, that's it. Make jokes all you want, but just know there is a line to be crossed. It's the same deal with jokes about other stereotypes. You can make them all you want, you can even make them around a friend of yours who the stereotype may apply to, but you do not go up to that person and start directing derogatory comments towards them.

EDIT: It's almost 5 a.m. I just got off of work and I know I might not be making much sense if any, so if I'm a little incoherent over look it. You'd sound like a crazy asshole too if you worked third shift.

Edited by whiteknight

Third shift does bad things to your brain. I wouldn't wish it on anyone.

Ok so we can't say Redneck so I'll just say it's one of the games in the Southern Olympics. :deathwatch::deadhorse::rolleyes:

Its a shame when people get their panties in a wad over something obviously said in jest.

Its a shame when people get their panties in a wad over something obviously said in jest.

YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEHAW! [horn]Dixie[/horn]

Actually, I was messing with you about it that time.

Like ocnblu said, 3rd shift makes you crazy when you aren't used to it. I'm glad there's a first shift project that's cropped up for me to pull and the rest of the work on the third shift job can be pulled during the day.

Edited by whiteknight

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Remove formatting

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

• Who's Online (See full list)

There are no registered users currently online

• Who's Chatting

There are no users currently in the chat room