Paypal Link on the Front Page

For anyone who has ever considered donating money to C&G, we've set up a Paypal button on the front page. If you click on it, you'll be forwarded to a Paypal payment form with Josh's email address and the subject 'Donation for Cheers and Gears' pre-filled in. All you need to do is fill out the amount you'd like to donate. Of course, if you don't have a Paypal account, you'd need to create one, but that's really pretty painless to do.

Of course, we're not trying to shake anyone down, but a couple of bucks here and there could help defray some of the costs of keeping C&G running. Josh pays for the hosting costs on his own, and does it out of love for the site, because he gets zero return from the money he puts in. Any money you send goes right to the hosting company.

Thanks in advance to anyone who does donate, and a big thank you goes out to all of you for heping make C&G the GM enthusiast sanctuary that it is.

:CG_all:

I can and will make a post with each and every amount donated and will exclude the names of those that wish to not have their name mentioned.

Hopefully that can be sufficient enough. The site really is becoming an extreme cost burden.

I can and will make a post with each and every amount donated and will exclude the names of those that wish to not have their name mentioned.

Just curious ... no big deal either way ... will this include past donations, too, that were sent to Walt directly?

Cort, "Mr MC" / "Mr Road Trip", 32swm/pig valve/pacemaker

MC:family.IL.guide.future = http://www.chevyasylum.com/cort/

Models.HO = http://www.chevyasylum.com/cort/trainroom.html

"I guess I'm feeling just a little tired of this" ... Keith Urban ... 'You'll Think Of Me'

So... how easy is setting up an account? I mean... being 17 and all, is it even possible for me? I want to donate. I love this place and... have been help so much by people I've met here. I don't ever want to be without this place...

You need a debit/credit card, for starters...

I donated $15 a little while ago. :CG_all:

Edited by VarianceJ30

Just curious ... no big deal either way ... will this include past donations, too, that were sent to Walt directly?

"I guess I'm feeling just a little tired of this" ... Keith Urban ... 'You'll Think Of Me'

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

You need a debit/credit card, for starters...

I donated $15 a little while ago. :CG_all:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

If we could get previous total donations that would be cool too. I know a few members have donated throughout the years to keep the site up and running. It seems as soon as we get monstrous somethings set us back which make us restart over which I'm hoping we don't have to do.

If we could get previous total donations that would be cool too. I know a few members have donated throughout the years to keep the site up and running.

*nods*

That'd be me. Believe I sent Walt some $ each of the last 2 years. Not so sure I'll be able to this year, though, given all of the medical expenses as of late :(. If Walt doesn't have those totals, I'll do some digging and find them for you, if you like....

Thanks!

*nods*

That'd be me.  Believe I sent Walt some $ each of the last 2 years.  Not so sure I'll be able to this year, though, given all of the medical expenses as of late :(.  If Walt doesn't have those totals, I'll do some digging and find them for you, if you like....

Thanks!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

It's not even like that Nightfan...I know what's up and such. We all fall on hard times. You've donated, Camino has donated, 98 has donated. We all fall on hard times...mine are now, it just happens. It's all about paying dues & living life.

That said, donations are needed because umm...we're kinda screwed this month.

FIRST DONATION RECEIVED!!

VarianceJ in the form of $15.00 USD.

Thank you so much, for that you get a complimentary lifetime customized title changed anytime you'd like!

Oh.. credit/debit card, which I don't have. Well... any other ways that I could donate that don't require one of those? If it's possible, I want to donate.

You could also tie your Paypal account to a bank account. Don't worry, they don't do anything shady.

A member graciously donated $55 to the site (they can put their name if they wish to be mentioned..not sure though) as well as BOBO's donation of $20. Thanks guys, it will not go unnoticed!

Stylish..It sounds good in theory, but I couldnt even begin to imagine where to go with it. Or how to go about doing it, etc.

Nothing wrong with that BV, any contribution helps.

Just as a note, we've received a $100 donation by a person whom left their boardname out of the message. If you'd like to be known, mentioned, or would anything else, please contact me via PM or e-mail.

Same goes for others that have donated, and those that are thinking about it. It's a huge help for a web-site we all enjoy so much!

It's not even like that Nightfan...I know what's up and such. We all fall on hard times. You've donated, Camino has donated, 98 has donated. We all fall on hard times...mine are now, it just happens. It's all about paying dues & living life.

That said, donations are needed because umm...we're kinda screwed this month.

See...and that's what frustrates me. I can't help when this (and a few other boards) need it most :(. I'm used to donating once a year for the last 2 years. IIRC, it was $50 each time....and that went to several different boards, not just C&G. I'm a firm believer in supporting what I use and find interesting/fun/relative to me and my interests.... Right now, tho, the medical bills are calling my name :(.

Cort....it's all well and understood. Again, we all fall on our times. It's the cycle of life. Believe me, I've been down he medical road before. I've discolated my left shoulder two times when I was without insurance as well as other things that had to be worked at, I know the feeling.

But, in the end, it all works out for the best. It keeps us strong, makes us keep going and gives us something to look back on and say "Yea, I conqured it, head on."

I know the feeling man.

Not to take anything away from your post or my follow-up...BigPontiac has donated $50 to C&G to keep things going...or as he likes to put it and I love to relate "To Keep The Lights On At C&G" how true it is and how much it means you'll hopefully know someday.

Any member name changes, title changes, etc please let us know as hopefully the other people that have donated will do the same.

This thread is but one example of the true strength of C&G - the members. That's what sets us apart for all other sites out there, GM, Ford, whatever and that's our community spirit.

From the bottom of my heart, I want to thank all of you that have donated so far, those that intend to, and those that can't but want to. I guess this answers the question of "does anyone really enjoy the site?" with a loud, firm YES.

We have lots of nice things coming soon for you guys as part of our ongoing 'thanks' for being a great community and, let's face it, all our friends. And thanks for sticking by us in the good times, the boring times, the crashes, and all that. You guys rock.

:CG_all:

You don't have to Joe....believe me, once I again we all know how it's like to fall on hard times and have to "rob Peter to pay Paul" in essence...I've been living by that motto for at least 3 weeks now. So, no need for anybody to feel pressure on donating, none at all. The link will be there, we're not going anywhere thanks to the help from several members now, and several more to come.

Bobo has chimed in with another donation of $30. Bringing our grand total after PayPal fees to $262.00 This will go a long ways towards helping the sites costs such as Invision board, hosting as well as other things as they arise.

Thank you to EVERYBODY to has donated and who will donate in the near future.

Bobo has chimed in with another donation of $30. Bringing our grand total after PayPal fees to $262.00 This will go a long ways towards helping the sites costs such as Invision board, hosting as well as other things as they arise.

Thank you to EVERYBODY to has donated and who will donate in the near future.

How much in donations arrived between my post yesterday and noon today?

Our total sits at $263.00 even. That's what we've accumulated. I can go back in and check the times, but the only one that I believe was done before your post was $15 from Variance.

Our total sits at $263.00 even. That's what we've accumulated. I can go back in and check the times, but the only one that I believe was done before your post was $15 from Variance.

Ok, there should be another $263.00 sitting in your inbox now.

Cort....it's all well and understood. Again, we all fall on our times. It's the cycle of life. Believe me, I've been down he medical road before. I've discolated my left shoulder two times when I was without insurance as well as other things that had to be worked at, I know the feeling.

But, in the end, it all works out for the best. It keeps us strong, makes us keep going and gives us something to look back on and say "Yea, I conqured it, head on."

Yes, yes it does work out for the best. Despite all I've been through ... and, in some cases still enduring, I do believe that things work out the way they're supposed to ... regardless of if they turn out the way I _hope_ they do....

Definitely appreciate the understanding :).

Any member name changes, title changes, etc please let us know

*raises eyebrow*

Any chance my title could be changed to "Mr. Monte Carlo"? ;)

"How much longer will they be around?" ... Don Williams ... 'Old Coyote Town'