HUMMER SHELVED!

HUMMER SHELVED!

GM Confirms Hummer Sale Dead

post-51-12670416476103.png

DETROIT General Motors today announced that Sichuan Tengzhong Heavy Industrial Machines Co., Ltd. (Tengzhong) was unable to complete the acquisition of HUMMER. As a result, GM will begin the orderly wind-down of the HUMMER operations.

"One year ago, General Motors announced that we were going to divest HUMMER, as part of focusing our efforts on Chevrolet, Buick, GMC and Cadillac going forward. We have since considered a number of possibilities for HUMMER along the way, and we are disappointed that the deal with Tengzhong could not be completed," said John Smith GM vice president of corporate planning and alliances. "GM will now work closely with HUMMER employees, dealers and suppliers to wind down the business in an orderly and responsible manner."

GM will continue to honor HUMMER warranties, while providing service support and spare parts to current HUMMER owners around the world.

LOLOLOL__________________________________LOLOLOL____________________________LOLOLOL

LOLOLOL_____________________________LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL_____________________LOLOLOL

LOLOLOL_________________________LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL_______________LOLOLOL

LOLOLOL______________________LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL___________LOLOLOL

LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL_______________LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL_____________LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL

LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL___________________LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL___________________LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL

LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL________________________LOLOLOL__________________________LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL

• Agree 3
  • Disagree 1

Somewhere, a steroid abusing muscle bound man with shrunken testies sheds a tear for he can no longer buy something to be able to compensate for it.

And all the hip hop felon banger-wannabees will have to settle for Escalades...

Again, this is where it would be nice if GM could manage some of the brands as brands instead of divisions. Offer up one or two Hummer models when the market wants them and just sell them at a Chevy or GMC dealer. Market dries up, kill 'em off, but without any of the major expense that comes with closing a division. Few years later demand is back? Bring them back. Same for Olds, Saturn, Pontiac, etc, etc.

Anyway, I'd rather Hummer be dead than Chinese.

Somewhere, a steroid abusing muscle bound man with shrunken testies sheds a tear for he can no longer buy something to be able to compensate for it.

I think that man goes to my gym. I overheard him in the locker room yesterday describing how he was jumping curbs in his H2 for the fun of it during Tuesday's snowstorm, and a cop tried to pull him over. He jumped some more curbs to escape from the cop.

I think that man goes to my gym. I overheard him in the locker room yesterday describing how he was jumping curbs in his H2 for the fun of it during Tuesday's snowstorm, and a cop tried to pull him over. He jumped some more curbs to escape from the cop.

Him-Duuuude Check out this beast its got 52" of ground clearence check out the SERIOS off roading

passenger- douuuud thats grass

Him- i no right

pass.-ya thats...

BADASS!!!

As a Hummer Owner, I am very sad to see them kill this off. It SHOULD HAVE NOT BEEN SOLD! Hummer should all along been a niche model line in the GMC Professional Family! No matter what, there will always be people like me that need and want a Hummer H2 for off road fun, pulling the boat or RV and pretty much living life as this is NOT a daily driver. This is a Tool for me to use to enjoy my life and I could care less about the gas milage.

I really am excited about this company that does Duramax conversions. Giving you 22 to 24MPG for the H2. GM should do this and jump start the real Hummers with a quality Engine.

Hummer H2 Conversion Site

R.I.P. 2010 Hummer

:(

• Agree 1

As a Hummer Owner, I am very sad to see them kill this off. It SHOULD HAVE NOT BEEN SOLD! Hummer should all along been a niche model line in the GMC Professional Family! No matter what, there will always be people like me that need and want a Hummer H2 for off road fun, pulling the boat or RV and pretty much living life as this is NOT a daily driver. This is a Tool for me to use to enjoy my life and I could care less about the gas milage.

I really am excited about this company that does Duramax conversions. Giving you 22 to 24MPG for the H2. GM should do this and jump start the real Hummers with a quality Engine.

Hummer H2 Conversion Site

R.I.P. 2010 Hummer

:(

+1 on the GMC-Hummer link.

GM should not abandon the off-road enthusiast, let alone hand the business backover to Jeep. It's a great idea to sell Hummers alongside of GMCs, and it's a suggestion made numerous times here by others (Camino, myself, etc.). I'd love to see the Hummer Hx Concept come to life, and while it would make a cool GMC to combat the Toyota FJ Cruiser, it would still be an awesome Hummer. GM needs to rethink this idea before just killing off the brand.