Server Move In Progress - Read More ×

Which of the following Chevys have you...

Camino LS6

Camaro...not yet but soon

El Camino...not yet but eventually

Chevelle...same as above

Monte Carlo...maybe soon...dont know camaro first though

Nova...if i get the money to own all of the above ill just have to

Impala...only if it is the police edition from the early '90s

I do partially own a '05 silvarado, black with a Duramax Diesil engine, and Allison 5spd Transmission, and a Pontiac GTO, and the last Firehawk ever built, and eventually a Firehawk that is a one of 9 prototype...maybe

:P :P :P

Hey blood, sweat, and tears man! that's a semi form of payment! right? sure it is! cuz i said so! also i have driven all three so...that counts for something!

oh yeah and i forgot the Rati! how could i for get her! damn im an idiot! i love her its a shame you have to sell her, but i understand, to save the goat, that's good enough reason for me...

Of 19 vehicles, I've only owned 1 Chevy: a primer-grey '63 Nova convertible. It was a largely stripped shell/subframe with a load of parts with it. I sold it inside of 3 weeks, but then again- I bought it to flip it. No one needs to see a pic, right?

Only vintage Chevys I have any desire to own would be a '66 El Camino or maybe a same-year Chevelle- I seldom see those relative to other years and I abhor conforming to what's popular. Otherwise, I could never own-to-keep of those listed above- too common.

Current Silverados sure are nice trucks, tho. I am eager to ley my greasy fingers on a GMT900 Silverado....

OK, back on topic.

Mine:

Nova:

two, 1968 sedan with 230 cid straight six painted blue with blue interior and a painted white top.-powerglide automatic

The other was a 1971 Rally nova coupe with a 307 v8 and a 4 speed

Camaro:

Only one, a 1970 1/2 RS/SS 350 originally gold with a tan interior

Chevelle:

Only one, a 1970 Malibu coupe 350 v8 turbo 350 automatic green/green

Impala:

Only one, a 1971 coupe 350 v8 turbo350 automatic Bronze/white top/white interior

Monte carlo:

only one, 1986 SS 305HO/auto t-tops black with burgundy interior

El Camino:

Two, 1970 SS 454,4spd. black with black interior and roof, white SS stripes,cowl induction

The second was a 1987 SS with a 305HO/auto black with grey bucket seat interior

I'll add my father in on this since it was really his cars that I drove when I got my license. He'll have to add in anything that I miss that was before my time....

1977 Monte Carlo

1987 Monte Carlo SS Aero Coupe

1996 Monte Carlo Z34

2004 Monte Carlo SS

1967 Camaro RS 327/210

1988 Camaro IROC-Z 305 TPI

1996 Camaro Z28 convertible

1993 Corvette

1977? Vega with a 350

I always wanted a matching pair of 1959 Chevies - Coupe and El Camino.

Me - I haven't owned any of those. But as many of you know, I owned an S10 Blazer up until June of last year when I got my Cobalt.

My dad's the current owner of a red 1970 LS6 Chevelle. He modified it in his youth, and now wants to bring it back to stock condition.

He also inherited my grandfather's 1973 Monte Carlo in chocolate brown. Aside from the Italian grandma plastic seat covers, it looks showroom. In addition to the '73, he also had a '76 beater for a few years. Bought the car for $200, never spent a dime on it, and sold it for $250 several years later.

He owned a 1968 Camaro shortly before I was born. It was nugget gold when he got it, but he got smashed by a girl who blew a stop sign, and he painted it white.

No Impalas, but we did have a '78 Caprice for a while, until he sold it and got our '83 Silverado

Never have owned any Chevy, probably never will...

My family, however, has owned all sort of Chevies. The ratio is much lower today, though, as some now own something foreign (or some other GM or some other domestic). Only an uncle of mine has owned any of those Chevies; an Impala and a MC (as shown in "wonders of the woods" thread). He's also owned many, many, many Cavaliers and a few C/K trucks. He currently owns a Sunbird and a C/K Cheyenne.

My family has owned or leased the following...

Camaros: tan '84 ?, metallic blue '87 IROC, white '96 Z28, black '98 Z28, silver '00 SS

Nova: light metallic blue '77

Impala: dark metallic blue '01

Edited by AAS

None and likely never will. For the vast majority of Chevrolets, GM makes something better under a different brand.

Thems fightin words,Mr. Fly.

Seriously, look at the nameplates I used in the question and consider all of the model years involved. Then add in the Corvette and tell me if you still believe your statement applies so broadly.

None and likely never will. For the vast majority of Chevrolets, GM makes something better under a different brand.

:withstupid:

But being serious now, I've only owned (out of this list) a 1978 Camaro LT with the 305 V8. I've only owned a total of three Chevies - a '92 Cavalier Z24 during college, the '04 Malibu LT now, and the '78 Camaro before the Cavalier during high school. I'm like Fly, I prefer the other brands GM offers more. The exceptions - most older/pre-'72 vehicles, the SSR, the HHR, and El Caminos (I always wanted a '78 to '87 El Camino).

:withstupid:

But being serious now, I've only owned (out of this list) a 1978 Camaro LT with the 305 V8.  I've only owned a total of three Chevies - a '92 Cavalier Z24 during college, the '04 Malibu LT now, and the '78 Camaro before the Cavalier during high school.  I'm like Fly, I prefer the other brands GM offers more.  The exceptions - most older/pre-'72 vehicles, the SSR, the HHR, and El Caminos (I always wanted a '78 to '87 El Camino).

But I am talking about those older cars primarily(showing my age). I would include fewer and fewer models as the years went by. Chevy had a bad habit of killing every car that I loved until nothing was left various sizes of rental sedans and the Corvette. Here's hoping that those days are really gone now.

Thems fightin words,Mr. Fly.

Seriously, look at the nameplates I used in the question and consider all of the model years involved. Then add in the Corvette and tell me if you still believe your statement applies so broadly.

Heh. I was speaking generally of Chevrolet of today.

For the Impala and Monte Carlo, absolutely. In almost every era, there is something with greater appeal to me. Versus the Impala, select any other GM fullsize - Catalina, Bonneville, Eighty-Eight, LeSabre. In modern times, I'd gladly choose at GP GXP over a similar Impala SS, 'tacky' styling and all. For the previous Impala, no question a Regal GS.

Regarding the Monte Carlo, a fine car, but consider other personal luxury coupes like the Toronado and Riviera. Too expensive? Cutlass, Regal (Grand National, anyone?), and Grand Prix coupes. In modern times, no question - GP GTP coupe over a similar Monte or for the price of entry, again the Riviera.

Now, the exceptions would be the '94-96 Impala SS and the 1995-1997 Monte Carlo. While the Roadmaster and Fleetwood had the same V8, the SS was set up for performance. Plus, it has sinister looks and sportier buckets. Against GM's other midline coupes in the mid-90s, I liked the Lumina Carlo the best, but when the GTP coupe bowed in '98 with the s/c 3800? See ya, Chevy.

El Camino I'll give you, that's a Chevy classic no doubt and a very neat vehicle. Plus, I'd rather drive a road than a gentleman ;). In general, though, I prefer the looks of GMCs to Chevrolets.

The Corvette is obvious, too. The XLR is nice no doubt, but it ain't no 'Vette. That's why I said 'vast majority.' ;)

Truce? :CG_all:

I haven't personally owned any Chevies, but in my lifetime, my immediate family has owned three. When I was younger, my mom had a Caprice and my dad had a Silverado. The only one they currently have is the only one on your list anyway, a black 68 Camaro that my dad's trying to fix up.

Would it kill me to agree? :P

I'll own a Pontiac, but not a Chevy unless it's given to me. I don't think any of those nameplates could change that. Corvette included. Pontiac always had the better looking equivilant and looks to get totally unique ones in the future. Chevy? Nah... especially considering what Chevy's done to Pontiac with control issues and all. And if Pontiac goes away someday, nothing against Chevy, but no more GM for me.

Let's see...

Nova = 0

Camaro = 0

Chevelle = 0

Impala = 0

El Camino = 0

Monte Carlo = 6

1972 brown with vinyl top (still have)

1976 triple black Landau (still have)

1979 light green/white Landau (still have)

1981 tan SC (still have)

1987 blue LS (still have)

1988 gray LS (no longer have)

Other cars I've owned (sadly):

1997 "malibu"

2000 "mc" LS

Cort, "Mr MC" / "Mr Road Trip", 32swm/pig valve/pacemaker

MC:family.IL.guide.future = http://www.chevyasylum.com/cort/

Models.HO = http://www.chevyasylum.com/cort/trainroom.html

"Nothing's quite the same now" ... Vertical Horizon ... 'Best I Ever Had'

Well... um... it's not mine but my family's. A 1995 "Monte Carlo Sedan", a.k.a. 1995 Lumina. :P

That's the closest I can think of. The others are either too old for us to get (our family arrived in 1990) or won't consider (I doubt a Camaro can fit our whole family out for dinner....).

None. I'm an unforgiving snob with an image to uphold, so I only drive vehicles at the top of the food chain:

Posted Image

That's right; this is a Cadillac the exhaust is hanging off of. Chevrolet? Me? Not likely!

Peasants. :lol:

Edited by XP715

:o !!!

Dude, what happened??

*chuckles*

Sadly, I insulted myself more by replacing that '97 malibu with the '00 "mc" LS. Those were my "evil twin" days ;).

Actually, I enjoyed that '97 malibu. It was one of those cars that acted small, yet felt big ... which I liked. It handled well and was a trouble free car for the 2 years I had it. I felt a twinge of sadness when I traded it in, but soon got over it ;).

Recently, I thought about purchasing a 2003 (or so) Chevrolet Classic (the '97ish "malibu") because I enjoyed that car so much. But, I didn't ... and won't ... because I would rather have RWD....

*shrugs*

Anyone here in the market for a super clean & straight '90 454SS pick-up??

My buddy is a neat-nit mechanic and he's selling his. 14K invested, wants 12K for it. Lowered, no damage, no rust, no dents, perfect interior, rims, lots of new stuff. Looks great in, out & under. Needs nothing other than a A/C charge. In central NJ.

Posted Image

1 Chevy (2 Olds, 1 Buick)

It was a Camaro Berlinetta in metallic light blue with a 5.0 liter V8. It was the only POS from GM I have ever had. Reason: it was the only GM car I have had that wasn't purchased new or purchased new by a family member and then handed down, as were both of my Cutlass Supremes.

I bought it with 34,000 miles, as a second car. The problems: that nasty puff of blue smoke, only in the morning, after oil must have seeped around the valve seals. The other was a persisent hum in the differential. I sold it with 62,000 miles, which, for me, is unheard of.

I am probably more BOP attuned because of the experience with the 'maro, though I loved driving it through Topanga Canyon and other similar So Cal places.

Didn't know you were going for that Camry look.

Ugh, that cuts deep. Please refrain from using the C-word too much, especially when referring to such a majestic automobile as the Huggy Bear '79 Coupe DeVille. Standard of the World, remember? :P

Ugh, that cuts deep. Please refrain from using the C-word too much, especially when referring to such a majestic automobile as the Huggy Bear '79 Coupe DeVille. Standard of the World, remember?  :P

Heh. No doubt though you totally Camried that exhaust. Difference is, your car is almost three decades old while Camries come from the factory like that. Who's the Standard now? :P

...owned? How many of each? What years and sub models? What colors?

Nova

Camaro

Chevelle

Impala

Monte Carlo

El Camino

I'll post mine later.

2 Novas (1970, 1971)

3 Camaros (1982 Z28, 1985 v6, 1987 RS)

I've owned other Chevys and a whole lot of other cars. :P

Here's mine:

Nova one 1987 sedan 5-spd I picked up for $27 dollars off eBay. I'm serious. It was too nice to demolition derby as planned.

Camaro 1968 hardtop. I'll own a 5th gen for sure!

Chevelle saddly, none.

Impala Came this || close to buying a '63 hardtop with a 283 & 3-on the tree

Monte Carlo day late & $1 short one time when a local '72 was for sale on a guys front lawn for $2800 in great shape. :(

El Camino I wish, not yet.

1997 Chevrolet Monte Carlo Z34. Black on black leather.

Hated it because previous owner's neglect gave me issues.

Was a bit of a looker, though- on the outside.