Sign in to follow this  
american_revolution_2005

New Dodge Daytona Turbo Z

I really loved these cars. I watched a movie called Black Moon Rising on Saturday night on Speed and Tommy Lee Jones drove a red 86 Daytona Turbo Z. So I got inspiration and did this. I thought that this would also be a good competitor for the Cobalt SS Supercharged. Enjoy!

Posted Image

May I just suggest something? How about a realistic greenhouse height, for once? Or maybe a lowered beltline? Either way, I was never a fan of that look. I can't say that your sketch is any different. The design itself isn't bad, but like most of your sketches, it's way too blocky.

Guest YellowJacket894

Cool idea.

I'm with BV on one thing though, the beltline/chopped greenhouse is getting a bit crazy here. Keep it a novelty for maybe a cool hot rod idea in the future.

Nice sketch...I agree that the greenhouse needs to be a little taller though.

Have you ever seen the move "The Wraith"? It came out in the mid 80s and features two or three Dodge Daytona turbos and a Chrysler turbo car concept, as well as a '78 Corvette, '77 Trans Am, and a few other cars. I bought the movie mostly for the cars...the rest is pretty bad.

No I can't say I've seen that. Black Moon Rising has some pretty nice cars. The hightech concept car that Linda Hamilton stole was pretty ugly. From the back it looked like a Countach and the front looked like 70s Corvette headlights on a Solar car body. I didnt watch the whole movie but I saw the chase seen. Linda Hamilton ditches her brand new RX7 to steal the concept then Tommy Lee Jones chases after her in the Daytona Turbo Z. It actually keeps up. The stunt driver in the Daytona Turbo Z was amazing. They could handle the car perfectly and they were going pretty fast on crowded streets. This is what the concept looks like and I have to find some pics of the Turbo Z. It was beautiful. My parents and their friends made fun of my mom saying that was her driving the Turbo Z because she had an 85 Laser and she wore gloves when she drove it. So everyone called them driving gloves. Well here it is:

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Edited by american_revolution_2005

I did a quick google...here's that Chrysler Turbo concept car or whatever it was called that was in the movie. The car was supposed to be this mysterious thing from the future that was indestructable and could vanish after being struck by a bolt of lightning. So the plot was fairly cheesy, but there were some good chase scenes.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoticons maximum are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

About us

CheersandGears.com - Founded 2001

We  Cars

Get in touch

Follow us

Recent tweets

facebook